Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract URL from RSS Feed in AWK Post 302449054 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 28th of August 2010 04:40:12 AM
Old 08-28-2010
Hi fahdmirza, this awk script changes the record separator to the value of the field separator so that every record becomes one field. Then it splits the new records in new fields separated by double quotes. The required values are then in the second new field of the new records that start with xmlUrl.

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 08-28-2010 at 06:33 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Post Your Favorite UNIX/Linux Related RSS Feed Links

Hello, I am planning to revise the RSS News subforum areas, here: News, Links, Events and Announcements - The UNIX Forums ... maybe with a subforum for each OS specific news, like HP-UX, Solaris, RedHat, OSX, etc. RSS subforums.... Please post your favorite OS specific RSS (RSS2) link... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace last form feed with line feed

Hi I have a file with lots of line feeds and form feeds (page break). Need to replace last occurrence of form feed (created by - echo "\f" ) in the file with line feed. Please advise how can i achieve this. TIA Prvn (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED extract url - please help a lamer

Hello everybody. I have lines that looks something like this: <done16=""118"" done18=""$ title=""thisisatitle"" href=""/JoeBanana" alt=""Joe""><done16=""118"" done18=""$ title=""thisisatitle"" href=""/GeraldGiraffe" alt=""Gerald""> What kind of SED command would I need to use to extract... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: digi
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract url from html page?

for example, I have an html file, contain <a href="http://awebsite" id="awebsite" class="first">website</a>and sometime a line contains more then one link, for example <a href="http://awebsite" id="awebsite" class="first">website</a><a href="http://bwebsite" id="bwebsite"... (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: 14th
36 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk: print all URL addresses between iframe tags without repeating an already printed URL

Here is what I have so far: find . -name "*php*" -or -name "*htm*" | xargs grep -i iframe | awk -F'"' '/<iframe*/{gsub(/.\*iframe>/,"\"");print $2}' Here is an example content of a PHP or HTM(HTML) file: <iframe src="http://ADDRESS_1/?click=5BBB08\" width=1 height=1... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: striker4o
18 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use GREP to extract URL from file

Hi All , Here is what I want to do: Given a line: 98.70.217.222 - - "GET /liveupdate-aka.symantec.com/1340071490jtun_nav2k8enn09m25.m25?h=abcdefgh HTTP/1.1" 200 159229484 "-" "hBU1OhDsPXknMepDBJNScBj4BQcmUz5TwAAAAA" "-" 1. Get the URL component: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naks_Sh10
2 Replies
DPKG-RUBY(1)						      General Commands Manual						      DPKG-RUBY(1)

NAME
dpkg-ruby - Utility to read a dpkg style db file, dpkg-awk clone SYNOPSIS
dpkg-ruby [(-f|--file) filename] [(-d|--debug) ##] [(-s|--sort) list] [(-n|--numeric) list] [(-rs|--rec_sep) ??] '<fieldname>:<regex>' ... -- <out_fieldname> .. DESCRIPTION
dpkg-ruby Parses a dpkg status file(or other similarly formated file) and outputs the resulting records. It can use regex on the field values to limit the returned records, and it can also be told which fields to output. As another option, it can sort the matched fields. OPTIONS
-f filename --file filename The file to parse. The default is /var/lib/dpkg/status. -d [#] --debug [#] Each time this is specified, it increased the debug level. -s field(s) --sort field(s) A space or comma separated list of fields to sort on. -n field(s) --numeric field(s) A space or comma separated list of fields that should be interpreted as numeric in value. -rs ?? --rec_sep ?? Output this string at the end of each output paragraph. -h --help Display some help. fieldname The fields from the file, that are matched with the regex given. The fieldnames are case insensitive. out_fieldname The fields from the file, that are outputted for each record. If the first field listed is begins with ^, then the list that fol- lows are fields NOT to be outputted. BUGS
Be warned that the author has only a shallow understanding of the dpkg packaging system, so there are probably tons of bugs in this pro- gram. This program comes with no warranties. If running this program causes fire and brimstone to rain down upon the earth, you will be on our own. This program accesses the dpkg database directly in places, querying for data that cannot be gotten via dpkg. AUTHOR
Fumitoshi UKAI <ukai@debian.or.jp>. This manual page are based on (or almost copy from :) dpkg-awk(1) manual written by Adam Heath <doo- gie@debian.org> DEBIAN
Debian Utilities DPKG-RUBY(1)