Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting use awk to ssh from variable in flat file Post 302449002 by riegersteve on Friday 27th of August 2010 08:15:19 PM
Old 08-27-2010
use awk to ssh from variable in flat file

flat file looks like
ooss-pfgg-1234,vol_name_1, mail-list

decoded =
hostname,volum_name,mail_list
each line has diff info
am trying to ssh into each fist field, check vol usage for second field, and if greater than 90% send mail to mail-list

got the second and third part working,

first part am stumped

for i in `cat list.csv`; do ssh `awk 'FS="[, ]" {print $1}'` ; ????

how do i get the ssh command to pick up the awk variable ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to convert a flat file to CSV file

Hi , I have a file with contents as below: Contract Cancellation Report UARCNCL LOS CODE DATE REAS TYPE AMOUNT AMOUNT LETTER BY ========= ======= ==== ==== ==== ========= ==== ==== 8174739 7641509 1S NONE CRCD 30-JUN-2008 NPAR N .00 .00 CCAN 8678696 8091709 1S NONE DDEB 30-JUN-2008... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkumudha
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk using ssh variable?

I have a file named Atoms that has a list of atoms listed vertically, like: O C Na etc. There is a variable number of them. I want to count their occurences in another file. I want to do this by saving each atom as a variable, preferabbly in an associative array, then counting how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RisingSun
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

setting a variable, using SSH and awk?

hi there I am trying to get a value from a remote machine into a local variable. To get this value i want to use awk but im having trouble getting it to run, am i escaping in the right places here and using the right quotes (i must have tried a million combinations :() # VAR=`ssh server1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to compare flat files and print output to another file

Hello, I am strugling from quite a some time to compare flat files with over 1 million records could anyone please help me. I want to compare two pipe delimited flat files, file1 with file2 and output the unmatched rows from file2 in file3 Sample File1: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: suhaeb
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED | Awk flat file one liner

sed awk one liner (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jap2614
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to delete fields from flat file

I would like to know awk command to delete the specific feild from a flat file delimited by '|' if the first feild starts with 354 I tried awk 'BEGIN {FS=OFS="|"} {$16=""; sub(/\|/, "")}'1 Input file: 354|||||GROUND||97||JUDD STREET|||LONDON||WC1H 9JG|ADI001| 354|||||FLAT 1... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya_001
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to place value at 24 field in a flat file issue

I am trying to add 0393 value at 24th feild using the below command, but its adding at all the lines including header and trailer Input file: ZHV|2657|D0217001|T|TXU|Z|PAN|20131112000552||||OPER| 754|52479| 492|489|SP40|1014570286334|20131111|20131201|14355334|CHAMELON... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aditya_001
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Flat File Conversion Script

In awk how would I flatten input.txt to output.txt? Input: givenname: Darth sn: Vadar mail: d.vadar@deathstar.com uid: dv12345 orclguid: 1234567890 givenname: Carlito sn: Brigante mail: c.brigante@paradise.com uid: cb12345 orclguid: 2134567890 Output: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: u20sr
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping the file into a variable after SSH into a server

Hi All, When i am logged into a server , i am able to assign grep value to a variable as follows. VAR=`grep 'Listener stopped' /logs/perf.log` However, when i log out of the server, and try to execute the following command by first SSHing into server, it throws error. $ VAR=`ssh Server... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete line from remote file over ssh passing variable

I have a variable called $a1 which maps to something like "http://servername proxy1 count http" and a lots of entries in a file on remote server. If I have the following in my .sh script: sed -i "\%$a1%d" mylog.txtthe line is deleted from mylog.txt. Great. I'm trying now to remvoe this from a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: say170
3 Replies
SSH-ARGV0(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					      SSH-ARGV0(1)

NAME
ssh-argv0 -- replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling SYNOPSIS
hostname | user@hostname [-l login_name] [command] hostname | user@hostname [-afgknqstvxACNTX1246] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec] [-e escape_char] [-i identity_file] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-o option] [-p port] [-F configfile] [-L port:host:hostport] [-R port:host:hostport] [-D port] [command] DESCRIPTION
ssh-argv0 replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling. If you link to this script with a hostname then executing the link is equivalent to having executed ssh with that hostname as an argument. All other arguments are passed to ssh and will be processed normally. OPTIONS
See ssh(1). FILES
See ssh(1). AUTHORS
OpenSSH is a derivative of the original and free ssh 1.2.12 release by Tatu Ylonen. Aaron Campbell, Bob Beck, Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt and Dug Song removed many bugs, re-added newer features and created OpenSSH. Markus Friedl contributed the support for SSH protocol versions 1.5 and 2.0. Jonathan Amery wrote this ssh-argv0 script and the associated documentation. SEE ALSO
ssh(1) Debian Project September 7, 2001 Debian Project