Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to expand who command?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to expand who command? Post 302448963 by guitarscn on Friday 27th of August 2010 03:37:38 PM
Old 08-27-2010
'w' and 'who' are very similar, they have the same information just switched around a bit

'users' just list the usernames only

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Terminal Expand

hi guys. i have written a script/program and i would strongly prefer if this script automatically expands the user's terminal whenever he or she starts the script. this is so the script/program can fit on the user's screeen without user having to manually drag and spread his screen. what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

expand logic for > and <

Hi Input A12345678901234567890 < A12345678901234567890 AND C12345678901234567890 < D12345678901234567890 AND E12345678901234567890 > F12345678901234567890 If the length of the line at any point exceed more than 60 chars it should come to next line but it should not break a variable... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using expand on multiple files

I want to convert all leading tabs to spaces in all PHP files in a certain folder, recursively. I have successfully used "expand" to do this on one file at a time by doing something like this: expand -i file.php > file.php How would I convert all leading tabs to spaces in all PHP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattalexx
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Expand ufs Filesystems

Hi All, I need to expand a number of Filesystems on a Sun machine running Solaris 10 OS. But first I am confused; 1. Is it possible to expand a ufs filesystem such as /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s0 (that is not managed by SVM) without lossing existing data? 2. Is it possible to have such a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: atogunde
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

expand and uuencode...

I have a log file that looks fine when you view it in Unix but when I send it as an attachment to myself it looses its formatting... so I am using "expand" to replace the tabs with spaces and the format looks good. The code below works great but I was wondering if there was a way to do this without... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sethcoop
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to expand the same word?

Hi All, May I know how to expand the words? e.g: a aa aaa aaaa I have try to use for (i=0;i<5;i++) do c="a" echo -n $c done but the output is aaaaa. Is it need to use array?:confused: Thanks for your help! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: natalie23
5 Replies

7. AIX

Expand LUN

Hello all, I have the following env: * DS4300 storage SAN * AIX 5.3 Lpar (storage through vio server) * AIX 5.3 Server Some FS are too small do I'm setting up a process to increase the size of the FS. To expand the size of the FS I plan to do the following for the physical AIX server,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petervg
1 Replies

8. AIX

Expand LV

Under the df command, one of my logical volumes, /dev/hd4, was showing 100% Used, so I added 2 logical partitions, but its still showing 100% used. Is there a separate command I need to execute to reallocate? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: markper
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to expand three LVMs?

Hello All, It goes like this.. I have increased the data hard drive of server by 100GB and rebooted the server. I want to expand each of the LVM's by 30GB each .There are totally three LVMS to be expanded.Any help on complete commands that needs to be followed?Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
4 Replies
UPSRW(8)							    NUT Manual								  UPSRW(8)

NAME
upsrw - UPS variable administration tool SYNOPSIS
upsrw ups upsrw -h upsrw -s variable [-u username] [-p password] ups DESCRIPTION
upsrw allows you to view and change the read/write variables inside your UPS. It sends commands via the server upsd(8) to your driver, which configures the hardware for you. The list of variables that allow you to change their values is based on the capabilities of your UPS equipment. Not all models support this feature. Typically, cheaper hardware does not support any of them. Run upsrw with a UPS identifier to see what will work for you. OPTIONS
-h Display the help message. -s variable Specify the variable to be changed inside the UPS. For unattended mode such as in shell scripts, use the format VAR=VALUE to specify both the variable and the value, for example: -s input.transfer.high=129 Without this argument, upsrw will just display the list of the variables and their possible values. Some variables are strings, and can be set to any value within the length limit. Others are enumerated types and can only be set to one of those values. Others may be within an allowed range of values. Refer to the list to know what's available in your hardware. -u username Set the NUT username for the connection to the server. This is optional, and you will be prompted for this when using the -s option if you don't specify -u on the command line. NUT usernames are defined in upsd.users(5), and are not linked to system usernames. -p password Set the password to authenticate to the server. This is also optional like -u, and you will be prompted for it if necessary. ups View or change the settings on this UPS. The format for this option is upsname[@hostname[:port]]. The default hostname is "localhost". UNATTENDED MODE
If you run this program inside a shell script or similar to set variables, you will need to specify all of the information on the command line. This means using -s VAR=VALUE, -u and -p. Otherwise it will put up a prompt and your program will hang. This is not necessary when displaying the list, as the username and password are not required for read-only mode. DIAGNOSTICS
upsrw can't set variables on your UPS unless you provide a valid username and password. If you get "access denied" errors, make sure that your upsd.users(5) has an entry for you, and that the username you are using has permissions to SET variables. HISTORY
This program used to be called upsct2, which was ambiguous and confusing. SEE ALSO
upsd(8), upscmd(8) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/24/2012 UPSRW(8)