Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Nagios script output issue
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring Nagios script output issue Post 302448943 by verdepollo on Friday 27th of August 2010 02:19:51 PM
Old 08-27-2010
How often are you checking the service in question. i.e. the interval of execution?

Maybe the curl part is timing out and commands are getting queued up.

Also, your script is assumig that all possible output values of "curl -s $URL" contain the pattern "summary" (else $STATUS would become ""). Are you sure that's correct?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Nagios Alerts Issue

Hi, I had installed Nagios on RHEL5.0 for Server Monitoring and configured the email alerts. Presently i am able to get the alerts of the c drive space,ftp,http services, But when the host goes down I dont get any alert saying that the Host is down or Host is Up. Request you to please help me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Duplex Script - output format issue.

Hi Gurus, I had downloaded the below script from the net and used it to get the Link and duplex settings in my Sun servers. In all except one(Sol-5.10 on X86) i am getting output format like below: root: /var/ADMIN/bin/speed_duplex.sh Interface Speed Duplex --------- ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
2 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios on Solaris 10 Sparc issue

I've got it installed but when I logging to the interface to http://localhost/nagios I get the following: Forbidden You don't have permission to access /nagios/ on this server. Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) DAV/2 Server at localhost Port 80 im running Solaris Version: SunOS dotstoas442 5.10... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frenchykd
0 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

Hooking script into Nagios

Hi! I have a perl script which returns data in the following format - AppName : BillingApp "status" = "OK"; AppName : PaymentApp "status" = "WARN"; AppName : OrderApp "status" = "ERROR"; AppName : OrderApp "status" = "FATAL"; the output consists of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacki
4 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

Facing Issue in Nagios 3.3

Hi, I have installed Nagios on Redhat Linux, I have installed Nagios+Plugins+NRPE on Server A (Host Server) and Nagios Plugins + nrpe on remote linux server (red hat linux) run the command on remote linux host, it returns nrpe version usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H localhost ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

df script output issue

hi all,i m using this script for disk space : #################################### #!/bin/ksh # HOSTS='/usr/bin/cat /host_list' DATE=$(date) DISK=$(df -gt) afile=/tmp/diskspace.log >$afile # for i in $HOSTS do echo ip: $i passed echo ip: $i passed >>$afile ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: viveksangwan
1 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios check dependent on second nagios server

We have a dual Nagios server setup. One is setup for internal server monitoring on our LAN, while the second Nagios server is hosted externally and is used for external checks only such as URL and ping checks form the WAN side. I was wondering if there is any way to setup cross dependencies... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eugenes18t
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script works on CLI, but not under Nagios

I'm having a problem scripting Expect to work as a Nagios check. The script runs fine from the cli, but not when run as a Nagios check. I turn on the debug output, and it looks like it's not seeing the whole buffer's worth of info, like it's paged interactively somehow. I'm new to Expect, but this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhargens
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nagios script to get total and free memory

Hi Experts, need some help. I`m trying to write a shell script to get free, used and total memory on our linux servers. It's working great, but i need follow some standards to make it a real nagios plugin. It's pretty simple, you just type two parameters to the script, check_ram -w 80 -c 90... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: berveglieri
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Script Output in Outlook Formatting Issue

When i execute the below shell script with 2 different Input files, for one of the data files (datafile1) my email message body in the outlook messes up and every thing comes up in one line. May i please know what i am doing wrong here or how to fix this? The only difference in data files is one is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies
2004-04-16

mailping

MAILPING-SUCCESS(1)						     Mailping						       MAILPING-SUCCESS(1)

NAME
mailping-success - Munin plugin to graph time since last mail delivery SYNOPSIS
/usr/share/mailping/munin-plugins/mailping-success {[config] | ['']} DESCRIPTION
mailping-success is a Munin plugin that monitors time passed since last successful email probe. Configuration output When passed config, it outputs Munin configuration information. If there are no circuits defined (no subdirectories in /etc/mailping), it specifies that Munin should draw no graph either. If configuration files /etc/mailping/circuit/warntime and /etc/mailping/circuit/failtime exist, the values in them are passed on to Munin, for use in Nagios alert integration. Value output When passed an empty string '', mailping-success outputs the difference between current time and last successful probe, for each configured circuit. FILES
/etc/mailping/ List of circuits that exist; each subdirectory is a circuit. /etc/mailping/circuit/warntime If more than this many seconds have passed since last successful probe, a Nagios warning is triggered by Munin (assuming it has been configured to do that). Default: no warnings. /etc/mailping/circuit/failtime If more than this many seconds have passed since last successful probe, a Nagios alert is triggered by Munin (assuming it has been configured to do that). Default: no alerts. /var/lib/mailping/state/circuit/success Timestamp in seconds of the last successful probe for circuit. ENVIRONMENT
MAILPING_CONFIGDIR Override the location of the configuration directory. Default: /etc/mailping MAILPING_STATEDIR Override the location of the state directory. Circuit states are stored in the state subdirectory of this directory, in subdirectories named after the circuit name. Default: /var/lib/mailping SEE ALSO
mailping-latency(1), mailping-cron(1), mailping-store(1), munin-run(8), munin-node(8) AUTHOR
Tommi Virtanen <tv@havoc.fi> Havoc Consulting Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004 Havoc Consulting mailping 0. 2004-04-16 MAILPING-SUCCESS(1)