Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers display that will work with OSF? Post 302448860 by KarenAnne on Friday 27th of August 2010 08:05:59 AM
Old 08-27-2010
Thanks. But I'm not sure who's saying they want 1024x768 @85 Hz. That message is coming up in the colored border box that the display uses to say its going into power aver mode, so I think it's the display that's saying it's 1024x768 @85 Hz only.

Is there a way I can set parameters in the pc display driver from the boot dialog with Unix/OSF? It may be that if I could do that they could be harmonious.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is meant by Kernel Parameter "dflssiz" in Digital Unix (OSF)

Hi, We have a Digital Unix Server with OSF. There's a Kernel Parameter "dflssiz" on this server. I just want to know, what it means. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameerdes
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Can't make 'set DISPLAY' to work

Hi, I used exceed and putty in the past to HP server with no problem to make 'set DISPLAY' work on my desktop. However now I have Solaris 9 on Sun server 480 and I only have putty. I can't bring the X window (eg xclock, etc) to my desktop. I tried X11Fowarding, xhost, and so on, it doesn't... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jr_zhang
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

OSF/1 swap file low and killing processes!

Hi, Hoping someone may be able to help with some general guidance. Hope I've posted this in the right forum! I hava DEC Workstation running OSF/1. It's will run for a period of time then slow down to the point it becomes unusable. Then i have to reboot and the whole thing repeats. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emeak
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY

Hi, from my Windows Workstation I can connect with PUTTY to an AIX 6.1 unix server. On AIX via PUTTY I run DBCA which has a grphical interface. Then : #DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY $(hostname) $(whoami):/appli/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/bin#dbca _X11TransSocketINETConnect()... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
12 Replies

6. IP Networking

NIC will not work, but it did work.

I have a client machine that was built and loaded with SCO UNIX 2.1.3, (yes it is old). The machine worked fine on the closed network that I tested on in my shop. I then had to change it to the network that it would be connected to. Below is the host file, router and subnet mask file that I usually... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NC user
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

My script work on Linux but not work in sunos.

My script work on Linux but not work in sun os. my script. logFiles="sentLog1.log sentLog2.log" intial_time="0 0" logLocation="/usr/local/tomcat/logs/" sleepTime=600 failMessage=":: $(tput bold)Log not update$(tput rmso) = " successMessage="OK" arr=($logFiles)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
7 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Is DEC OSF/1 3.0A available for download somewhere?

Please let me know Thanks Jack (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

Discussion at work, would a router work pluging a cable in wan1 and lan1?

hi all. and sorry for the random question, but this sparkled a raging flame-war at work and i want more points of view situation a router, with linux of some sort, dhcp client requesting for ip in wan1 (as usual with wan ports) dhcp server listening in lan1, and assigning ip (as usual... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: broli
9 Replies
vga_getmonitortype(3)						Svgalib User Manual					     vga_getmonitortype(3)

NAME
vga_getmonitortype - returns the monitor type configured SYNOPSIS
#include <vga.h> int vga_getmonitortype(void); DESCRIPTION
This returns the monitor type configered in /etc/vga/libvga.config. This function is really obsolete, as the result is of not much use to the application vga_getmodeinfo(3) and vga_hasmode(3) do already check the monitor type and there are more flexible ways to specify it too. The return value is one of: MON640_60 31.5 KHz (standard VGA): does 640x480 in 60Hz vsync. MON800_56 35.1 KHz (old SVGA): does 800x600 in 56Hz vsync. MON1024_43I 35.5 KHz (low-end SVGA, 8514): does 1024x768 in 43Hz vsync interlaced. MON800_60 37.9 KHz (SVGA): does 800x600 in 60Hz vsync. MON1024_60 48.3 KHz (SVGA non-interlaced): does 1024x768 in 60Hz vsync, non-interlaced. MON1024_70 56.0 KHz (SVGA high frequency): does 1024x768 in 70Hz vsync. MON1024_72 does 1024x768 in 72Hz vsync or even better. SEE ALSO
svgalib(7), vgagl(7), libvga.config(5), mousetest(6), spin(6), vga_init(3), vga_setmode(3), vga_hasmode(3), vga_getmodeinfo(3) AUTHOR
This manual page was edited by Michael Weller <eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de>. The exact source of the referenced function as well as of the original documentation is unknown. It is very likely that both are at least to some extent are due to Harm Hanemaayer <H.Hanemaayer@inter.nl.net>. Occasionally this might be wrong. I hereby asked to be excused by the original author and will happily accept any additions or corrections to this first version of the svgalib manual. Svgalib (>;= 1.2.11) 27 July 1997 vga_getmonitortype(3)