Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers display that will work with OSF? Post 302448794 by KarenAnne on Friday 27th of August 2010 04:30:28 AM
Old 08-27-2010
display that will work with OSF?

I have an Alpha 200 4/166 running Unix/OSF, whose display died. Any idea how I can find a display that has a driver that will work with this system?

I tried bringing it up with the display, an HP Pavilion MX703, I use with some Windows systems, and I could see the boot dialog, but then it said:

"PC Video resolution setting is out of range. Change setting to recommended resolution 1024x768 @85 Hz"

and the screen is black except for that message.

There is no Unix driver for this display on the HP website.

Thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is meant by Kernel Parameter "dflssiz" in Digital Unix (OSF)

Hi, We have a Digital Unix Server with OSF. There's a Kernel Parameter "dflssiz" on this server. I just want to know, what it means. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameerdes
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Can't make 'set DISPLAY' to work

Hi, I used exceed and putty in the past to HP server with no problem to make 'set DISPLAY' work on my desktop. However now I have Solaris 9 on Sun server 480 and I only have putty. I can't bring the X window (eg xclock, etc) to my desktop. I tried X11Fowarding, xhost, and so on, it doesn't... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jr_zhang
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

OSF/1 swap file low and killing processes!

Hi, Hoping someone may be able to help with some general guidance. Hope I've posted this in the right forum! I hava DEC Workstation running OSF/1. It's will run for a period of time then slow down to the point it becomes unusable. Then i have to reboot and the whole thing repeats. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emeak
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY

Hi, from my Windows Workstation I can connect with PUTTY to an AIX 6.1 unix server. On AIX via PUTTY I run DBCA which has a grphical interface. Then : #DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY $(hostname) $(whoami):/appli/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/bin#dbca _X11TransSocketINETConnect()... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
12 Replies

6. IP Networking

NIC will not work, but it did work.

I have a client machine that was built and loaded with SCO UNIX 2.1.3, (yes it is old). The machine worked fine on the closed network that I tested on in my shop. I then had to change it to the network that it would be connected to. Below is the host file, router and subnet mask file that I usually... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NC user
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

My script work on Linux but not work in sunos.

My script work on Linux but not work in sun os. my script. logFiles="sentLog1.log sentLog2.log" intial_time="0 0" logLocation="/usr/local/tomcat/logs/" sleepTime=600 failMessage=":: $(tput bold)Log not update$(tput rmso) = " successMessage="OK" arr=($logFiles)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
7 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Is DEC OSF/1 3.0A available for download somewhere?

Please let me know Thanks Jack (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

Discussion at work, would a router work pluging a cable in wan1 and lan1?

hi all. and sorry for the random question, but this sparkled a raging flame-war at work and i want more points of view situation a router, with linux of some sort, dhcp client requesting for ip in wan1 (as usual with wan ports) dhcp server listening in lan1, and assigning ip (as usual... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: broli
9 Replies
GLCALLLIST(3G)															    GLCALLLIST(3G)

NAME
glCallList - execute a display list C SPECIFICATION
void glCallList( GLuint list ) PARAMETERS
list Specifies the integer name of the display list to be executed. DESCRIPTION
glCallList causes the named display list to be executed. The commands saved in the display list are executed in order, just as if they were called without using a display list. If list has not been defined as a display list, glCallList is ignored. glCallList can appear inside a display list. To avoid the possibility of infinite recursion resulting from display lists calling one another, a limit is placed on the nesting level of display lists during display-list execution. This limit is at least 64, and it depends on the implementation. GL state is not saved and restored across a call to glCallList. Thus, changes made to GL state during the execution of a display list remain after execution of the display list is completed. Use glPushAttrib, glPopAttrib, glPushMatrix, and glPopMatrix to preserve GL state across glCallList calls. NOTES
Display lists can be executed between a call to glBegin and the corresponding call to glEnd, as long as the display list includes only com- mands that are allowed in this interval. ASSOCIATED GETS
glGet with argument GL_MAX_LIST_NESTING glIsList SEE ALSO
glCallLists(3G), glDeleteLists(3G), glGenLists(3G), glNewList(3G), glPushAttrib(3G), glPushMatrix(3G) GLCALLLIST(3G)