Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris SVM Solaris 8 Problem. Metastat output looping Post 302448701 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 26th of August 2010 05:15:34 PM
Old 08-26-2010
1. please use code tags. command output is easier to read!

2. what is the output of "iostat -e"?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SVM metastat -- needs maintenance

Running Solaris 9 with SVM. I'm not that familiar with it, but metastat output gives "needs maintenance" message on 2 of the mirrors. There are no errors in /var/adm/messages. What do I need to do to fix this error? Thanks. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
14 Replies

2. Solaris

SVM - metastat - Last Erred

My company is running a solaris 2.7 machine. The machine is getting slow recently. I have no expert in solaris. Please help. I checked the log in /var/adm/message: I also checked with the command iostat -nE. It returns: Metastat returns the followings: What should i do now?... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickychung
10 Replies

3. Solaris

Problem with SVM

HI, I added by error to a submirror some disks : metattach d53 c2t90d0s0 c2t90d1s0 ... instead of doing a stripe by disk (like that) : metattach d53 c2t90d0s0 metattach d53 c2t90d1s0 .. then, I did a growfs -M to expand FS and the size isn't correct. I tried to launch a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phil.nakache
1 Replies

4. Solaris

SVM Problem Regarding /var

Hi Guys! I am facing Problem with SVM I mention the problem below: I have Sunfire V210 machine and the partitions are as follows: Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 root wm 0 - 6134 29.77GB (6135/0/0) 62429760 1 swap wu ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sensation
1 Replies

5. Solaris

restore metastat configuration after solaris upgrade

Greetings How can i restore metastat db after a solaris upgrade (9 to 10)? will it work if i save and restore /etc/vfstab and /etc/lvm/md.cf file? root@netad# metastat d35: Mirror Submirror 0: d38 State: Okay Submirror 1: d39 State: Okay Pass:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashif_islam
2 Replies

6. Solaris

SVM metaset on 2 node Solaris cluster storage replicated to non-clustered Solaris node

Hi, Is it possible to have a Solaris cluster of 2 nodes at SITE-A using SVM and creating metaset using say 2 LUNs (on SAN). Then replicating these 2 LUNs to remote site SITE-B via storage based replication and then using these LUNs by importing them as a metaset on a server at SITE-B which is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dn2011
0 Replies

7. Solaris

How to check SVM version Solaris 9 and 10?

How to check Solaris Volume Manager Version in 9 & 10? Which are the packages that are installed in the SVM? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajhal04
1 Replies

8. Solaris

svm implementation problem

hi all please help me with the following i am new to solaris i want to umount /test mount point and make it 8gb each i.e. /test1 and /test2 and using SVM wants to make RAID5 bash-3.00# df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 6.9G ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Problem in SVM after live upgrade

Hi I am new to live upgrade. I would like to tell you about my new setup, where my boot disk(c0d0) is mirrored with secondary disk(c0d1). I have remove the secondary whole disk(C0d1) from the mirror, so that I can do live upgrade on this secondary disk. I have done live upgrade on s0 partition... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Help with installing SVM on solaris 10

Hello Gurus, I am setting up a V240 with solaris 10 for learning purpose. I have 4 x 36Gb disk installed and I now want to install SVM just tp learn this disk management utility. What I want to know is where do I look for the SVM pkg ? is this the right command pkgchk -L SUNWsvm . Can anyone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moh
3 Replies
LINTIAN-INFO(1) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   LINTIAN-INFO(1)

NAME
lintian-info - give detailed information about Lintian's error tags SYNOPSIS
lintian-info [log-file...] lintian-info --tags tag ... DESCRIPTION
The lintian-info command parses the output of the lintian command and gives verbose information about the listed Lintian error tags, parses a Lintian override file and gives verbose information about the tags included, or (if given the -t or --tags option) explains a given tag or tags. If no log-file is specified on the command line, this command expects its input on stdin. Thus, the output of lintian can either be piped through lintian-info or a log file produced by lintian can be processed with this command. (Note, though, that the lintian command has a command line option -i to display the same results as lintian-info, so you will not normally need to pipe the output of lintian into this command.) OPTIONS
-a, --annotate Read from standard input or any files specified on the command line and search the input for lines formatted like Lintian override entries. For each one that was found, display verbose information about that tag. -h, --help Display usage information and exit. --profile prof Use the severities from the vendor profile prof when displaying tags. If the profile name does not contain a slash, the default profile for than vendor is chosen. If not specified, lintian-info loads the best profile for the current vendor. Please Refer to the Lintian User Manual for the full documentation of profiles. -t, --tags Rather than treating them as log file names, treat any command-line options as tag names and display the descriptions of each tag. EXIT STATUS
If -t or --tags was given and one or more of the tags specified were unknown, this command returns the exit code 1. Otherwise, it always returns with exit code 0. SEE ALSO
lintian(1) AUTHORS
Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl> Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> perl v5.14.2 2013-02-16 LINTIAN-INFO(1)