Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat comm: mysqld Not tainted ... Kernel Panic , System totally unresponsive Post 302448584 by Corona688 on Thursday 26th of August 2010 11:17:55 AM
Old 08-26-2010
The kernel is not supposed to panic under any circumstances, there's no "normal" circumstances beyond a hardware failure or kernel bug that should cause one. As such, there's no magic technique for avoiding potential kernel panics. Try upgrading your kernel.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RH 7.3 Kernel Panic.

I've installed rh 7.3 a fewday ago and I'm trying to boot it and I get this" Kernel panic: no init found. try passing init=options to kernel" ????? What do I do. Thanks. F,Ruiz. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruizf
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel panic

hello :-) I have one problem with my LiLO... I installed PLD Linux on my computer but when it boots, the last thing I can see is: request_module Root fs not mounted VFS: Cannot open root device 03:01 Kernel panic: VFS: unable to mount root fs on 03:01 and the system stops :-( what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pgas
1 Replies

3. Linux

kernel panic

I have compiled kernel version 2.6.12 in my linux box mandrake 10.1. I have followed www.digitalhermit.com/linux/Kernel-Build-HOWTO.html instructions. I have copied .config file from /usr/src/linux and lightly modified it (only the processor type) by xconfig. I have compiled the source and modules.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Davide71
3 Replies

4. Linux

Kernel panic - not syncing: cannot execute a PAE-enabled kernel on PAE-less CPU

ok so I just installed fedora core 6 on my dell inspiron 700m and I go to boot into linux and I get this error. Has anyone seen this before? I also had XP Pro and Vista installed on this pc prior to putting fedora core 6 on the machine. I'm trying to setup a triple boot system. Please Help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave043
2 Replies

5. AIX

Disabling saving of system dump while kernel panic

Hi, Is there an option to disable saving of system dump when a user invokes a kernel panic using sysdumpstart command. Also, is there any other way of invoking a kernel panic other than using sysdumpstart? Thanks, Kanna (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanna_geekworkz
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 - Unable to boot the system "panic: cannot open /kernel/amd64/unix"

Hi All, I have installed Solaris 10 on my AMD 64 3000+ system. I was playing with grub commands eeprom and bootadm commands. I screwed my boot-file and now am unable to boot the system. Gets error msg as "panic: cannot open /kernel/amd64/unix". I booted the system is filesafe and tried update the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath K V
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

what does the kernel panic mean?

Hi, all: How should I obtain the reason of kernel panic? How should I debug the program which result in a kernel panic? What can I get from the panic information? li, kunlun (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: liklstar
3 Replies

8. Solaris

solaris 10 system unresponsive

Hi guys, I have solaris 10 installed in sun240 server. While I was practicing, the system became unresponsive. How can I fix this issue? Thanks for your help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
3 Replies

9. SCO

Kernel Panic

Hello when i booting my SCO Server I become this Message PLS can anyone help me? Cheers Christoph (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cga
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Kernel panic-not syncing

dear experts linux i am using RHEL 5.5 run on a physical server. i am front of a big trouble, the Rhel can't run correctly , it show me this error message in black screen: reading all physical volumes. this my take a while .. found volume group "VolGroup00" using metadata type lvm2 9... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wassimpb
1 Replies
select_enqueue(9r)														select_enqueue(9r)

NAME
select_enqueue - General: Adds the current kernel thread SYNOPSIS
void select_enqueue( sel_queue_t *selq ); ARGUMENTS
Specifies a pointer to a sel_queue structure. DESCRIPTION
The select_enqueue routine adds the current kernel thread to the list of kernel threads waiting for a select event on the specified device. This routine is called when a kernel module's select routine has been called and the requested event cannot be immediately satisfied. For example, the requested event cannot be immediately satisfied when xxselect is called for the following reasons: To select on input and there are no characters available When called for output and the kernel module's output buffers are currently full By calling select_enqueue, the kernel module's select routine ensures that the kernel thread issuing the select call will be blocked until the requested event can be satisfied or until the select call terminates. CAUTIONS
You must call the queue_init routine to initialize the sel_queue structure pointer prior to calling select_enqueue. Failure to do so causes the kernel to panic. RETURN VALUES
None FILES
SEE ALSO
Routines: queue_init(9r), select_dequeue(9r), select_dequeue_all(9r), select_wakeup(9r) Data Structures: sel_queue(9s) System Calls: select(2) select_enqueue(9r)