Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Something is filling hard disk on its own. Post 302448504 by methyl on Thursday 26th of August 2010 07:45:41 AM
Old 08-26-2010
Quote:
/dev/disk2s3 466G 170G 295G 37% /Volumes/Files_Backup_1 1
The find with "-xdev" parameter should not have looked anywhere except the root filesystem and yet it found files such as:
Quote:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root admin 593M 17 Aug 04:36 ///Volumes/Files_Backup_1/Backup_2010-08-17_043000/webmaster.tar.gz
Just to be sure, can you do the following "df".
Code:
df /Volumes/Files_Backup_1

If it comes back as the root filesystem we are getting warm.

Also, what is the output from this command:
Code:
mount

Last edited by methyl; 08-26-2010 at 08:56 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hard disk problems

Hi all I am facing a strange problem. I am using a sun ultra10 spark machine. first i took a 20gb IDE hard disk and installed solaris 5.8. But due to some requirement i have to reinstall the OS but this time solaris 2.6. and now the hard disk capacity is only showing 8gb. Where the 12gb... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Adding hard Disk

Hi all, I am using SCO Openserver V and I want to add one more harddisk (/dev/hd1) Hw can I do it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skant
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RAM, Hard Disk

Hi, I work in a production support environment. All our PROD machines SPARC machines and Solaris O/S. I want to know how to find out what the hard disk size, RAM size etc. of our PROD machines. Please let me know if there is any way to find out this (other than from system administrator). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramaraju
2 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Hard Disk

I have a cuestion. How Can I to add other hard disk to my computer? I need to configurate anyone? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmaraver
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hard Disk at 99% Help!

:eek: I use this Solaris to run CMS a call acounting software package for my job. No one could run reports today because it said the this when you logged on "The following file systems are low, and could adversely affect server performance: File system /: 99%full" Can some one please explain... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannyisme
9 Replies

6. SCO

declare disk driver for IDE hard disk

hi I've a fresh installation of SCO 5.0.7 on the IDE hard disk. For SCSI hard disk I can declare, for example blc disk driver using: # mkdev hd 0 SCSI-0 0 blc 0but it works for IDE hard disk? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Need help for getting hard-disk traces

When we write a programme,we declare variables and compiler allocates memory to them.I want to get access to the physical block number of hard-disk where actually the data is stored by the programme " Some one help me out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nagraz007
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help for getting hard-disk traces

When we write a programme,we declare variables and compiler allocates memory to them.I want to get access to the physical block number of hard-disk where actually the data is stored by the programme " Some one help me out... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagraz007
3 Replies

9. Linux

C++ Code to Access Linux Hard Disk Sectors (with a LoopBack Virtual Hard Disk)

Hi all, I'm kind of new to programming in Linux & c/c++. I'm currently writing a FileManager using Ubuntu Linux(10.10) for Learning Purposes. I've got started on this project by creating a loopback device to be used as my virtual hard disk. After creating the loop back hard disk and mounting it... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: shen747
23 Replies

10. BSD

Migrate a Hard Disk

hi Has anyone already tried to migrate a hard disk with FreeBSD using recoverdisk? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccc
1 Replies
vximportdg(1M)															    vximportdg(1M)

NAME
vximportdg - import a disk group into the Veritas Volume Manager configuration SYNOPSIS
vximportdg daname new_dgname DESCRIPTION
The vximportdg utility performs a temporary import of the disk group contained on the disk device specified by daname to the disk group specified by new_dgname. As the persistent disk group information is not changed within the private partition of the affected disk, the import is only valid for the duration of the bootload or until a vxdg deport is performed. ARGUMENTS
daname Specifies the device name (disk access name) of one of the member disks of the disk group to be imported. The other members are imported automatically. new_dgname Specifies the disk group to be imported. USAGE
One reason to use the vximportdg utility is to import a second generation of the rootdg disk group so that its objects are available for use while a system is running on a different rootdg. To prevent volumes on the second generation rootdg from having the same device minor numbers as volumes (such as rootvol) on the active rootdg, the importation assigns temporary non-conflicting device minor numbers. If this occurs, vximportdg outputs warning messages detailing the mapping of the minor numbers. SEE ALSO
vxdg(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vximportdg(1M)