Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple Variables in Array from Existing Directories Post 302448470 by ygemici on Thursday 26th of August 2010 05:57:44 AM
Old 08-26-2010
Code:
x=0;for i in adrian bryan caren derrick; do document[x]=`echo "$i"`; echo "${document[x]} --> document[$x]";let x=x+1; done
adrian --> document[0]
bryan --> document[1]
caren --> document[2]
derrick --> document[3]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving directories to new directories on multiple servers

Hi - I am new to unix scripts...I need to move several directories on multiple servers to new directories. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mackdaddy07
0 Replies

2. Solaris

adding existing disks to a 3510 array

I would like to extend a logical drive on our 3510. I have four unallocated disks which I would like to use for this purpose. The 3510 supports a Sun Cluster but for now all I wish to see is a "new" disk when I run format. I am a little familiar with the telnet/ssh session on the 3510 but am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcqv
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

append newline to existing variables

firstly, i check is the variable empty or not, if so vesselNameList=`echo $vesselName` if not vesselNameList="${vesselNameList}""\n"`echo "$vesselName"` and it produces this result BUNGA TERATAI 3 5055\ JADE TRADER 143W\ MOL SPLENDOR 0307A BUNGA TERATAI 3 5055\ JADE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: finalight
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if multiple directories exist else create missing directories

Hi , I 'm trying to check if multiple directories exist on a server, if not create the missing ones and print " creating missing directory. how to write this in a simple script, I have made my code complex if ; then taskStatus="Schema extract directory exists, checking if SQL,Count and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up existing Directories using facls to recursively add an individual user

I've been working with Solaris/Linux for about 4 months now. Let me explain the scenario. There will be two users involved. The owner (curOwner) and the new user (newUser). The server in question is a Solaris 10 box. So curOwner runs an application that is constantly writing logs to lets say.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amadont12
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perform 3 awk commands to multiple files in multiple directories

Hi, I have a directory /home/datasets/ which contains a bunch (720) of subdirectories called hour_1/ hour_2/ etc..etc.. in each of these there is a single text file called (hour_1.txt in hour_1/ , hour_2.txt for hour_2/ etc..etc..) and i would like to do some text processing in them. Each of... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarn
20 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting multiple directories inside multiple directories

Hi, Very unfamiliar with unix/linux stuff. Our admin is on vacation so, need help very quickly. I have directories (eg 40001, 40002, etc) that each have one subdirectory (01). Each subdir 01 has multiple subdirs (001, 002, 003, etc). They are same in each dir. I need to keep the top and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkouraus1
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding non-existing words in a list of files in a directory and its sub-directories

Hi All, I have a list of words (these are actually a list of database table names separated by comma). Now, I want to find only the non-existing list of words in the *.java files of current directory and/or its sub-directories. Sample list of words:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhanu Dhulipudi
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Chksum on two directories then copy if they are not identical or existing

How can I have an intelligent script that will copy from source to destination directory if the file doesnt exist there or the chksum is not match. SOURCE directory: for i in `ls` > do > echo $i > md5sum $i > echo "" > done asdasda 00039a616135792fb609d04cf27aed95 asdasda ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enhance existing script: Extract Multiple variables & Input in an echo string

Hi Experts I need your help to optimize my script to execute better as I have nearly 1M records & the script is taking close to 40 minutes to execute, so would need support on a faster alternative. Input: file {"house":"1024","zip":"2345","city":"asd","country":"zzv"}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nk1984
2 Replies
JE::Object::Array(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    JE::Object::Array(3pm)

NAME
JE::Object - JavaScript Array object class SYNOPSIS
use JE; use JE::Object::Array; $j = new JE; $js_array = new JE::Object::Array $j, 1, 2, 3; $perl_arrayref = $js_array->value; # returns [1, 2, 3] $js_array->[1]; # same as $js_array->value->[1] "$js_array"; # returns "1,2,3" DESCRIPTION
This module implements JavaScript Array objects. The "@{}" (array ref) operator is overloaded and returns a tied array that you can use to modify the array object itself. The limitations and caveats mentioned in "JE::Object/"USING AN OBJECT AS A HASH"" apply here, too. METHODS
See JE::Types for descriptions of most of the methods. Only what is specific to JE::Object::Array is explained here. $a = JE::Object::Array->new($global_obj, @elements) $a = JE::Object::Array->new($global_obj, $length) $a = JE::Object::Array->new($global_obj, @elements) This creates a new Array object. If the second argument is an unblessed array ref, the elements of that array become the elements of the new array object. If there are two arguments and the second is a JE::Number, a new array is created with that number as the length. Otherwise, all arguments starting from the second one become elements of the new array object. $a->value This returns a reference to an array. This is a copy of the Array object's internal array. If you want an array through which you can modify the object, use @$a. SEE ALSO
JE JE::Types JE::Object perl v5.14.2 2012-03-18 JE::Object::Array(3pm)