Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu save audio thats being played. Post 302448199 by verdepollo on Wednesday 25th of August 2010 12:34:42 PM
Old 08-25-2010
You can use Audacity to record any audio from your computer (including streaming). However the process only works by using the GUI.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Audio HELP Please!

I know about next to nothing, and I am trying to play an audio file on HP-UX 10.2 (743i) every time I try to use the ‘/opt/audio/bin/AudioCP &' command I get an error message that says “Unable to access audio hardware.” I checked the man page on audio, and both Aserver and rpcd are running. Am I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

playing audio

Hi all, I play audio through the web browser and it plays ok on windows. When i try the same thing on unix i get the error message "sh: /usr/local/bin/sox: not found. I've tried 'locate sox' and can't seem to find it. Is there some way I can change the browser settings so they play the audio... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: molli_81
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save cURL verbose output to file or do it like browser "save as.."

hi there ! i have exactly the same problem like this guy here https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/127668-getting-curl-output-verbose-file.html i am not able to save the curl verbose output.. the sollution in this thread (redirecting stderr to a file) does not work for me.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: crabmeat
0 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Tip: get MPD to remember the last played song for all playlists

Hi to all MPD users or those who are willing to use it! If you don't already know what is MPD, it is the Music Player Daemon, which is very easy to use and has tons of good clients to manage it. It loads all your music collection database instantly (mine is about 50GB!) into the memory, is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: teresaejunior
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Audio Problem

Hi I recently installed BT 5 Gnome on my Asus laptop running on Intel HD graphics. I've been having problems with audio, at first I experienced the basic problem that was solved by adding pulse audio to the starting programs. This allowed me to open Sound preferences but I still have no sound.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: edreeso
0 Replies

6. Slackware

Problems with audio recording in Audacity 2.0.5. Slackware64 14.1; Intel HD Audio.

I'm trying to record audio using Audacity 2.0.5 installed from SlackBuilds. My system is 64-bit Slackware 14.1 and a sound card is Intel HD Audio. I didn't change my sound system to OSS. (Default sound system in Slackware 14.1 is ALSA, isn't it?) First, I set Internal Microphone slider in KMix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qzxcvbnm
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save value from output of Corestat and save in a list for each core

I am trying to modify the "corestat v1.1" code which is in Perl.The typical output of this code is below: Core Utilization CoreId %Usr %Sys %Total ------ ----- ----- ------ 5 4.91 0.01 4.92 6 0.06 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
0 Replies
usb_as(7D)							      Devices								usb_as(7D)

NAME
usb_as - USB audio streaming driver SYNOPSIS
sound@unit-address DESCRIPTION
The usb_as driver is a USBA (Solaris USB Architecture) compliant client driver that supports the USB Audio Class 1.0 specification. The usb_as driver processes audio data messages during play and record and sets sample frequency, precision, encoding and other functions on request from the USB audio control driver. See usb_ac(7D). This driver is plumbed under the USB audio control driver and does not directly interface with the user application. FILES
/kernel/drv/usb_as 32-bit x86 ELF kernel module /kernel/drv/amd64/usb_as 64-bit x86 ELF kernel module /kernel/drv/sparcv9/usb_as 64-bit SPARC ELF kernel module ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Architecture |SPARC, x86, PCI-based systems | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWusb | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Stability level |Evolving | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mixerctl(1), attributes(5), usba(7D), usb_ac(7D), audio(7I), mixer(7I), streamio(7I) Writing Device Drivers Universal Serial Bus Specification 1.0 and 1.1 System Administration Guide: Basic Administration http://www.sun.com/io DIAGNOSTICS
In addition to being logged, the following messages may appear on the system console. All messages are formatted in the following manner: Warning: <device path> (usb_as<instance num>): Error Message... where <device path> is the physical path to the device in /devices directory. No bandwidth available. There is no bandwidth available for the isochronous pipe. As a result, no data will be transferred during play and record. Operating a full/high speed audio device on a high speed port is not supported. The USB software does not currently support full or high speed audio devices connected to an external USB 2.0 hub that is linked to a port of a USB 2.0 host controller. Audio devices must be connected directly to a port of a USB 2.0 controller or to any USB 1.1 port. Cannot access device. Please reconnect <name>. There was an error in accessing the device during reconnect. Please reconnect the device. Device is not identical to the previous one on this port. Please disconnect and reconnect. A USB audio streaming interface was hot-removed while open. A new device was hot-inserted which is not identical to the original USB audio device. Please disconnect the USB device and reconnect the device to the same port. NOTES
The USB audio streaming interface will be power managed if the device is idle. SunOS 5.10 9 Oct 2004 usb_as(7D)