Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to Set up a cronjob On 4th Sunday of every Month? Post 302448142 by jag7720 on Wednesday 25th of August 2010 11:32:19 AM
Old 08-25-2010
well, you were right, it fired last night.

So where did I go wrong?

i found this while searching around... will this work?

1 0 22-28 * * test 'date +\%a' != Sun || /path/to/script >/dev/null 2>&1

---------- Post updated at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:47 AM ----------

Or would it be
1 0 22-28 * * test 'date +\%a' != Sun && /path/to/script >/dev/null 2>&1

I forget...

Last edited by jag7720; 08-25-2010 at 12:05 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron job -- to execute at every first Sunday of every month

Dear all How can I schedule the cronjob to be run sometime at every first Sunday at every month? I have the edit the cronjob every month now, thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanemcmahon
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron to get executed on 2nd and 4th saturday of every month

Hi , i need to reboot a server during 2nd and 4th saturday every month. i have come up with the below cron 30 17 8-14 * * if ; then /rebootscript; fi # to reboot every second saturday 30 17 22-28 * * if ; then /rebootscript; fi # to reboot every fourth saturday I am wondering why it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Cronjob doesnot exist on the machine but running every sunday

I have deleted a particular cronjob couple of months ago but the jb is still running every sunday, even though it is not present in /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root file. Please assist. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get first sunday of the month?

Hi, Please can someone help me in getting first sunday date of a month. i_year=`date +%Y` ny_first_sun_nov=`cal 10 $i_year | sed '/^$/d' |head -3 |tail -1| rev | cut -c1` This works good if the first sunday has a value but not if it is blank and first sunday falls on second week. ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
17 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a cronjob for the 3rd business day of every month?

Hello, Can you please help me out in creating a cronjob that runs every 3rd business day of the month. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AReddy
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Set crontab for 4th and 25th of every month?

Hello, I wanted to set Crontab for 4th and 25th of every month at 5:00 PM. Script should take previous month and current year as command line arguement like... /home/test1.sh -f ABCD 03 2014 so above script will run on 4th and 25th April 2014 but argument should be like previous month... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajju
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to setup cronjob 3rd sunday of every month?

Hi All, I need to set up cronjob for every third sunday of the month. here i have seen one example for 4th sunday for every month in another post and it looks perfect.can anyone please help me to understand this and help me to get the setup for third sunday of every month.Thanks. this is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trigger the script if it is first sunday of the quarterly month

Hello All, I have script which needs to be scheduled in crontab which needs to be run only on the first sunday of the quarterly months (March, June, September,Dec). Can anyone please help me out on this. Thanks, Arun. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun1992
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script on every last sunday of the month

Hi ALL, I have been testing this script to run for every last Sunday of the month,looks like month which have 5 sunday (july 2016 )is not passing this and failing every time. Here is what I am using, current_date=31 echo " CURRENT DAY -> $current_date" if ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
2 Replies

10. AIX

cron job on 3rd sunday of every month

Hi, Actually scheduled my test scripts on test severs as shown below. They are supposed to run on 3rd sunday of every month. Unfortunately it ran on 2nd sunday of the month (suspecting that it will run every sunday). I am sorry if I miss something. Could you please let me know if I did any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
1 Replies
COLOR.4TH(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      COLOR.4TH(8)

NAME
color.4th -- FreeBSD color-detection boot module DESCRIPTION
The file that goes by the name of color.4th is a set of commands designed to simplify color logic. The commands of color.4th by themselves are not enough for most uses. Please refer to the examples below for the most common situations, and to loader(8) for additional commands. Before using any of the commands provided in color.4th, it must be included through the command: include color.4th This line is present in /boot/loader.4th file, so it is not needed (and should not be re-issued) in a normal setup. The commands provided by it are: loader_color? Returns FALSE if the loader_color environment variable is set to ``NO'' (case-insensitive) or ``0''. Otherwise returns TRUE (unless booting serial). The environment variables that effect its behavior are: loader_color If set to ``NO'' (case-insensitive) or ``0'', causes loader_color? to return FALSE, indicating to many modules that color should not be used. FILES
/boot/loader The loader(8). /boot/color.4th color.4th itself. /boot/loader.rc loader(8) bootstrapping script. EXAMPLES
Standard i386 /boot/loader.rc: Use color where applicable: loader_color="YES" SEE ALSO
loader.conf(5), loader(8), loader.4th(8) HISTORY
The color.4th set of commands first appeared in FreeBSD 9.0. AUTHORS
The color.4th set of commands was written by Devin Teske <dteske@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
August 6, 2013 BSD