Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Install gcc with 750 permission Post 302448054 by rajamohan on Wednesday 25th of August 2010 06:31:04 AM
Old 08-25-2010
MySQL Install gcc with 750 permission

Hi All,

I need gcc with permission 750, while installation itself. or how can i change the permission without using chmod command.
My requirement is User and Group only use the gcc. since i am having ldap users.

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

gcc install error

I download a gcc3.0.tar.gz file ,then tar it. Continue,I change current path to gcc3.0 and press ./configure The error appeared ,it is CC command not found . Please tell me What can I do to pass on. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fansings
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing 750 permission file

Hi, I've chmod my home directory to 750 and have problem printing a text file inside 1 of my sub-folder. I'm confused on this printing problem as I the owner of the file but why I can't print. I received no error message on the screen when I issue lp <filename>. But the printer connected... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jennifer
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Can`t install gcc compiler

Hi, Installed the gcc compiler off the Solaris 9 Companion CD a while back , but needed to delete it due to disk space issues. Now that I have sorted out our root disk space I can`t reinstall the compiler. If I select all the packages off the Development/Languages menu , the install list... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdr011
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Install GCC on Solaris 8

Hi, I tried to install apache web server on solaris 8 and was prompted that i do not have any valid compiler. I tried to install GCC on solaris 8 using the command #pkgadd -d gcc-2.95.2-sol17-sparc-local (hit enter). May I know how I should set the environment variables to make it work... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagolo
1 Replies

5. AIX

The problem after install gcc on AIX 5.3

The problem after install gcc on AIX 5.3 I download 5 rpm packages from IBM AIX Toolbox Download Page - Alphabetical Listing and install them. rpm -ivh gcc-4.0.0-1.aix5.3.ppc.rpm rpm -ivh libgcc-4.0.0-1.aix5.3.ppc.rpm rpm -ivh libstdcplusplus-4.0.0-1.aix5.3.ppc.rpm rpm -ivh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zither
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Build and install GCC-3.2.3

Hi, I have problem to build the gcc-3.2.3. I downloaded the source code. Here is what I did. 1) cd /usr/local/src 2) tar zxf gcc-3.2.3.tar.gz 3) cd .. 4) mkdir gcc-3.2.3 5) cd gcc-3.2.3 6) ../src/gcc-3.2.3/configure --prefix=/usr/local/gcc-3.2.3/ 7) make And I received the below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beeloo
2 Replies

7. Solaris

GCC install

well, i know wich GCC can be download by Manager package, easy! but I want install gcc "whith myself hands" I have gcc .tar and i cant install by console. after comand $make: erro ok! i dont have compiler, but i want install gcc! sorry my english... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hyagosallet
6 Replies

8. SuSE

Can't compile or install GCC

Hi all! I have posted in the Shell Programming Scripting Forum for a problem with the use of shc and so on... You can read it complete here: shell-programming-scripting/148510-problems-using-shc.html I think the problem is: that there aren't compiler installed on the SuSe 10.2 server,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Magius
4 Replies

9. AIX

Unable to install gcc in AIX 5.3

Hello... I have downloaded RPM for gcc in a directly where I tried installing using rpm but it says the following /oracle/dB>rpm -iv gcc-4.2.0-3.aix5.3.ppc.rpm failed to open /var/opt/freeware/lib/rpm/packages.rpm: Permission denied error: cannot open... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahnazurs
4 Replies

10. AIX

Problems to install gcc 7.2 on AIX 7.2

We need gcc 7.2 on AIX 7.2 and so I tried to install the rpm package from IBM (<https://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/software/aix/linux/toolbox/alpha.html>) The steps were as follows (I downloaded all packages from the given IBM toolbox page): # :-)rpm -ihv gcc-7.2.0-1.aix7.2.ppc.rpm error:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BuSchu
2 Replies
sticky(5)						Standards, Environments, and Macros						 sticky(5)

NAME
sticky - mark files for special treatment DESCRIPTION
The sticky bit (file mode bit 01000, see chmod(2)) is used to indicate special treatment of certain files and directories. A directory for which the sticky bit is set restricts deletion of files it contains. A file in a sticky directory can only be removed or renamed by a user who has write permission on the directory, and either owns the file, owns the directory, has write permission on the file, or is a privi- leged user. Setting the sticky bit is useful for directories such as /tmp, which must be publicly writable but should deny users permission to arbitrarily delete or rename the files of others. If the sticky bit is set on a regular file and no execute bits are set, the system's page cache will not be used to hold the file's data. This bit is normally set on swap files of diskless clients so that accesses to these files do not flush more valuable data from the sys- tem's cache. Moreover, by default such files are treated as swap files, whose inode modification times may not necessarily be correctly recorded on permanent storage. Any user may create a sticky directory. See chmod for details about modifying file modes. SEE ALSO
chmod(1), chmod(2), chown(2), mkdir(2), rename(2), unlink(2) BUGS
The mkdir(2) function will not create a directory with the sticky bit set. SunOS 5.11 1 Aug 2002 sticky(5)