Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Having problem with mounting in HPUX Post 302448017 by vbe on Wednesday 25th of August 2010 04:36:33 AM
Old 08-25-2010
What your OS is saying is that it has no such filesystems to mount... ( not the mount points...).
I would start by looking if the VG is available :
Code:
vgdisplay vgsap
# If youre prompted:
vgdisplay: Volume group not activated.
vgdisplay: Cannot display volume group "vgsap".
# OR
vgdisplay: Volume group "/dev/vgsap" does not exist in the "/etc/lvmtab" file.
vgdisplay: Cannot display volume group "vgsap".
# then find out why , else
#  it exist then
vgdisplay -v vgsap|more    
# now look if the logical volumes oraarch orasapreorg and ora10264 exist

Last edited by vbe; 08-25-2010 at 05:45 AM.. Reason: addendum
This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mounting disk problem

i am using Interactive Unix 4.1.1 and i have a disk from a another unix machine which is Unix Slackware 2.1 i'm having problem mounting the disk. it gives me an error message, ??? is there any solution to this ??? it say the disk has invalid file system (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mharck29
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Oracle problem with HPUX 11.0

HI all I think i can get a perfect solution for our problem here. we r using oracle 7i on hpux 11.0 as a billing server .The thing is it used to get hanged sometime and we need to unmount and need to mount the oracle DB then we need to start the oracle process.The process running in that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: edwin_francis
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HPUX mounting problems

Hi all We are using two HPUX servers one C-class and one K-class.... But only one of this server has tape drive......and to back up the filesystem in the othe server i need to mount the file systems on the server having tape device....But i don't know how to mount the file system of one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with mounting

Hi people, I've made some search about it but i didn't find anything. I tried to mount my floppy, mount -t /dev/fd0 /mnt but it didn't work... it says : "Device not configured". Can you help me please??? And mounting my dos partiton... mount -t vfat /dev/hdc1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Erythro73
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mounting problem.

Hi, I wanted to mount my windows folder under linux using samba server.. I just run this command : $mount -t smbfs -o fmask=666,ajay //16.100.225.179/Build_stage /mnt/share ajay is user name .. it prompted for password i have given that now i saw error message like 27893: session setup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajayyadavmca
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CD mounting problem

I have a Sun9 server. When I put a CD into it, I keep getting: Server1{root}:$PWD=> mount: Permission denied mount: cannot mount /vol/dev/dsk/c0t6d0/roxio1 It mounts fine in my Sun8 boxes. What am I doing wrong? (I'm logged in as root). Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mounting problem

I have successfully installed redhat linux in my PC. But when i am trying to mount cdrom with the command "mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/cdrom" I am getting the following error "Unknown device /dev/sda1". Can anyone help me in this regard. cheers RRK (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
3 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Problem mounting harddisk

Hi all I am having a great deal of trouble mounting a harddisk on my Ubuntu 9.10 desktop. Output from "fdisk -l": Disk /dev/sda: 640.1 GB, 640135028736 bytes 86 heads, 15 sectors/track, 969196 cylinders Units = cylinders of 1290 * 512 = 660480 bytes Disk identifier: 0x00000001 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnymarkp
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Problem mounting iscsi filesystem

Hi, I have a strange problem with iscsi. My vfstab entry looks like this: /dev/md/dsk/d100 /dev/md/rdsk/d100 /zones/ssapp0895v01 ufs 2 iscsi - After rebooting, the filesystem gets mounted with the option "nosetuid". I believe the default should be "suid" /zones/ssapp0895v01 on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvaro66
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Problem mounting SAMBA please help

I am trying to mount SAMBA/CIFS and it just won't work Here are my settings...please let me know what i did wrong This is Centos 6.4 box Thanks! cat /etc/samba/smb.conf comment = Samba path = /home/vm1/Desktop/samba writable = yes public = yes findsmb ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nokia3310
3 Replies
QUOTAON(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						QUOTAON(8)

NAME
quotaon, quotaoff -- turn filesystem quotas on and off SYNOPSIS
quotaon [-g] [-u] [-v] filesystem ... quotaon [-g] [-u] [-v] -a quotaoff [-g] [-u] [-v] filesystem ... quotaoff [-g] [-u] [-v] -a DESCRIPTION
quotaon announces to the system that disk quotas should be enabled on one or more filesystems. quotaoff announces to the system that the specified filesystems should have any disk quotas turned off. The filesystems specified must have entries in /etc/fstab and be mounted. quotaon expects each filesystem to have quota files named quota.user and quota.group which are located at the root of the associated file system. These defaults may be overridden in /etc/fstab. By default both user and group quotas are enabled. Available options: -a If the -a flag is supplied in place of any filesystem names, quotaon/quotaoff will enable/disable all the filesystems indicated in /etc/fstab to be read-write with disk quotas. By default only the types of quotas listed in /etc/fstab are enabled. -g Only group quotas listed in /etc/fstab should be enabled/disabled. -u Only user quotas listed in /etc/fstab should be enabled/disabled. -v Causes quotaon and quotaoff to print a message for each filesystem where quotas are turned on or off. Specifying both -g and -u is equivalent to the default. FILES
quota.user at the filesystem root with user quotas quota.group at the filesystem root with group quotas /etc/fstab filesystem table SEE ALSO
quota(1), libquota(3), fstab(5), edquota(8), quotacheck(8), repquota(8) HISTORY
The quotaon command appeared in 4.2BSD. BSD
December 11, 1993 BSD