Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Script For Deleting Contents of "Live" Log File Post 302447858 by Corona688 on Tuesday 24th of August 2010 01:41:04 PM
Old 08-24-2010
Try renaming the logs then sending SIGHUP to whatever daemon is writing to these files. If the daemon is well-behaved, SIGHUP should cause it to reopen its logfiles without restarting(you should see new files created), after which you can safely delete the old, renamed logfiles.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script that echo " please insert your name " and store the output to a login.log file.

Hello All Nice to meet you all here in this forum, it's my 1rst time here i'm asking about a little issue that i face i added a ksh script that echo " please insert your name " and store the output to a login.log file. the script is working fine with normal telnet but Xstart is not working... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: islam.said
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl's substitution operator "s" with file contents?

Please show me how to make substitution over the contents of a file in a perl script. In a perl script, the core part of substitution operation is s/FINDPATTERN/REPLACEPATTERN/g; However, I cannot figure out how to make the substitution occur over the contents of a file. The following... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LessNux
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting "user input line number" from a file using sed

Hi I want to delete a line from a txt file for which the line number is user input. Say when user selects 19, the 19th line would be deleted from the file. Can anyone please provide me with a sed one liner for the same... I tried sed -i. The interaction would be like this Enter the line to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudeep.id
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting "user input line number" from a file using sed

Hi I want to delete a line from a txt file for which the line number is user input. Say when user selects 19, the 19th line would be deleted from the file. Can anyone please provide me with a sed one liner for the same... I tried sed -i. The interaction would be like this Enter the line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudeep.id
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a file which are not ends with ".zip" and which are ends with "*.log*" or "*.out*"?

I am new to bash/shell scripting. I want to find all the files in directory and subdirectories, which are not ends with “.zip” and which are contains in the file name “*.log*” or “*.out*”. I know below command to get the files which ends with “.log”; but I need which are not ends with this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mallikgm
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace the contents of first column of file "X" with second Column of file "X" in file "Y"

Hi! I am having 02 files. In first file" X" I am having 02 Columns TCP-5100 Sybase_5100 TCP-5600 Sybase_5600 Second file "Y" for example-- :services ( :AdminInfo ( :chkpf_uid ("{A2F79713-B67D-4409-83A4-A90804E983E9}") :ClassName (rule_services) ) :compound ()... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahid1632
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
Log::Dispatch::Array(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Log::Dispatch::Array(3pm)

NAME
Log::Dispatch::Array - log events to an array (reference) VERSION
version 1.001 SYNOPSIS
use Log::Dispatch; use Log::Dispatch::Array; my $log = Log::Dispatch->new; my $target = []; $log->add(Log::Dispatch::Array->new( name => 'text_table', min_level => 'debug', array => $target, )); $log->warn($_) for @events; # now $target refers to an array of events DESCRIPTION
This provides a Log::Dispatch log output system that appends logged events to an array reference. This is probably only useful for testing the logging of your code. METHODS
"new" my $table_log = Log::Dispatch::Array->new(\%arg); This method constructs a new Log::Dispatch::Array output object. Valid arguments are: array - a reference to an array to append to; defaults to an attr on $table_log array This method returns a reference to the array to which logging is being performed. log_message This is the method which performs the actual logging, as detailed by Log::Dispatch::Output. AUTHOR
Ricardo Signes, "<rjbs@cpan.org>" BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests through the web interface at <http://rt.cpan.org>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2008 Ricardo SIGNES, all rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2008-04-29 Log::Dispatch::Array(3pm)