Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Making CapsLock a Unique Modifier Post 302447850 by Corona688 on Tuesday 24th of August 2010 01:15:21 PM
Old 08-24-2010
ESC+other stuff? It sounds like you're trying to make capslock into the META key(which is what is emulated by ESC+combo on a PC keyboard). Try making it the META key, not the super key, and see if key combos start working then.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Getting back reference from s modifier

My input text has the following pattens: func_a(3, 4, 5); I want to replace it with this: func_b(3, 4, 5, 6); I'm trying the following expression, but it does not work: perl -p -e "s/func_a\((.*)?\);/func_b(\1,\n6)/s" <... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cooldude
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

convert column into row with some modifier

A file content have 1 1:-0.289433 2:0.833778 3:0.314471 4:-0.289433 5:-0.81876 6:-0.456693 7:-0.17511 8:-0.644555 9:-0.00666341 10:-1.13603 I will like to have that column into row with numbers to be printed (red color) only after colon output shud be like that -0.289433... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

get part of file with unique & non-unique string

I have an archive file that holds a batch of statements. I would like to be able to extract a certain statement based on the unique customer # (ie. 123456). The end for each statement is noted by "ENDSTM". I can find the line number for the beginning of the statement section with sed. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrewsc
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Tar too large to archive. Use E function modifier.

hey all, i am trying to tar up a folder with sub folders the over all size will be about 70gb but when i use the normal command tar -cvf tar -cvf CLPSI_PRU_Escrow_31994.tar CLPSI_PRU_Escrow_31994 i get an error tar: CLPSI_PRU_Escrow_31994/dump1/PROD_SAE_jria3_dump.5 too large to archive. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change unique file names into new unique filenames

I have 84 files with the following names splitseqs.1, spliseqs.2 etc. and I want to change the .number to a unique filename. E.g. change splitseqs.1 into splitseqs.7114_1#24 and change spliseqs.2 into splitseqs.7067_2#4 So all the current file names are unique, so are the new file names.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avonm
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print unique lines without sort or unique

I would like to print unique lines without sort or unique. Unfortunately the server I am working on does not have sort or unique. I have not been able to contact the administrator of the server to ask him to add it for several weeks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Capslock and Python Question

Hello All, I was looking for a solution for enabling/disabling the Capslock from the command line and came across some Python code for doing just that... Well, in this case the code was written to ONLY turn-off Capslock but I assume there has to be a way to turn it on too. Site where I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
0 Replies
glutSpecialFunc(3GLUT)						       GLUT						    glutSpecialFunc(3GLUT)

NAME
glutSpecialFunc - sets the special keyboard callback for the current window. SYNTAX
void glutSpecialFunc(void (*func)(int key, int x, int y)); ARGUMENTS
func The new special callback function. DESCRIPTION
glutSpecialFunc sets the special keyboard callback for the current window. The special keyboard callback is triggered when keyboard func- tion or directional keys are pressed. The key callback parameter is a GLUT_KEY_* constant for the special key pressed. The x and y callback parameters indicate the mouse in window relative coordinates when the key was pressed. When a new window is created, no special callback is initially registered and special key strokes in the window are ignored. Passing NULL to glutSpecialFunc disables the generation of special callbacks. During a special callback, glutGetModifiers may be called to determine the state of modifier keys when the keystroke generating the call- back occurred. An implementation should do its best to provide ways to generate all the GLUT_KEY_* special keys. The available GLUT_KEY_* values are: GLUT_KEY_F1 F1 function key. GLUT_KEY_F2 F2 function key. GLUT_KEY_F3 F3 function key. GLUT_KEY_F4 F4 function key. GLUT_KEY_F5 F5 function key. GLUT_KEY_F6 F6 function key. GLUT_KEY_F7 F7 function key. GLUT_KEY_F8 F8 function key. GLUT_KEY_F9 F9 function key. GLUT_KEY_F10 F10 function key. GLUT_KEY_F11 F11 function key. GLUT_KEY_F12 F12 function key. GLUT_KEY_LEFT Left directional key. GLUT_KEY_UP Up directional key. GLUT_KEY_RIGHT Right directional key. GLUT_KEY_DOWN Down directional key. GLUT_KEY_PAGE_UP Page up directional key. GLUT_KEY_PAGE_DOWN Page down directional key. GLUT_KEY_HOME Home directional key. GLUT_KEY_END End directional key. GLUT_KEY_INSERT Inset directional key. Note that the escape, backspace, and delete keys are generated as an ASCII character. SEE ALSO
glutSpecialUpFunc, glutKeyboardFunc, glutMouseFunc, glutSpaceballButtonFunc, glutButtonBoxFunc, glutTabletButtonFunc, glutGetModifiers AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutSpecialFunc(3GLUT)