Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Getting Email from script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting Email from script Post 302447804 by Scott on Tuesday 24th of August 2010 10:53:31 AM
Old 08-24-2010
Hi.

Try adding this to the end of your cronjob:

Code:
2> /dev/null

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email alert script

I need to code a script, which will run via cron, every 30 minutes. The script will read a file containing a date&time and number (which represents disk space). The file gets appended to every 30 minutes. Here's a sample of the file: CPU 1:04/25/02 1:00 am:1972554 CPU 1:04/25/02 1:30... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moon
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

route email to a script.

Issue: when i send an email to edi@qgatu001.con-way.com it is supposed to get sent to the deliveryagent es_mime_in so it can get proccessed. ok i got this to happen 1x. Will update over the weekend when i can test to let you know if it works completely. sendmail: 8.12.10. sendmail.mc was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
2 Replies

3. Programming

email extract script

i want to extract the field from, subject and email body part from an inbox on linux redhat 7.x. prefer perl script or any unix utilities script. please help. :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gxiong
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email through Script

I have a script to sent email when error occur in the process. The scripts use a config file where I dot . ./config.cfg into the environment. However, when I export the message below into the environment and echo $msg, it shows only "THERE" the first word in the sentence. export msg=THERE WERE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkumar28
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email Attachment Script

Hello, I created the following script but i'm trying to figure out why i keep getting an error. #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use warnings; my $baseDir = '/export/home/omcadmin/bin'; my $attachment = "$baseDir/message.txt"; my $from = 'xxx@xxx.com'; my $to = 'xxx@xxx.com'; my... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: xmaverick
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Caller Script should produce and email from 4 different script within it

Hi I wrote a shell script , which includes one output file which is emailed back to me , when the script runs . Now i want to slip the script into 4 different shell scripts each of which taking the parameter PROD or DEV, and include all the 4 different shell scripts in a caller script. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rxg
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email not being sent from shell script

Hi All, I have prepared the below shell script but no email is being sent from the shell script.Not sure what's wrong here: echo $SHELL /bin/bash . $HOME/.profile . /home/oracle/Oracle_xyz.env export log=/orabin/Oracle/rman_Oracle_arch.out rman target /... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Email Script

Hi All, Im completely new to scripting but I was wondering can somebody show me how to write a bash script so that if any file enters a specific directory that an email gets sent? I am running a few backups on a few different machines and rysncing them to a remote device, For each server I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgalvin
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need little script to send out email

Hi Scripters, good day. bash-4.2# df -g /apps/prd Filesystem GB blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on /dev/xxx 64.00 4.35 94% 1269284 8% /xxx bash-4.2# I was wondering if there is a script when the usage of the mountpoint above hit 98%, email would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaapar
3 Replies
FDFORMAT(8)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       FDFORMAT(8)

NAME
fdformat - Low-level formats a floppy disk SYNOPSIS
fdformat [-n] device DESCRIPTION
fdformat does a low level format on a floppy disk. device is usually one of the following (for floppy devices, the major = 2, and the minor is shown for informational purposes only): /dev/fd0d360 (minor = 4) /dev/fd0h1200 (minor = 8) /dev/fd0D360 (minor = 12) /dev/fd0H360 (minor = 12) /dev/fd0D720 (minor = 16) /dev/fd0H720 (minor = 16) /dev/fd0h360 (minor = 20) /dev/fd0h720 (minor = 24) /dev/fd0H1440 (minor = 28) /dev/fd1d360 (minor = 5) /dev/fd1h1200 (minor = 9) /dev/fd1D360 (minor = 13) /dev/fd1H360 (minor = 13) /dev/fd1D720 (minor = 17) /dev/fd1H720 (minor = 17) /dev/fd1h360 (minor = 21) /dev/fd1h720 (minor = 25) /dev/fd1H1440 (minor = 29) The generic floppy devices, /dev/fd0 and /dev/fd1, will fail to work with fdformat when a non-standard format is being used, or if the for- mat has not been autodetected earlier. In this case, use setfdprm(8) to load the disk parameters. OPTIONS
-n No verify. This option will disable the verification that is performed after the format. SEE ALSO
fd(4), setfdprm(8), mkfs(8), emkfs(8) AUTHOR
Werner Almesberger (almesber@nessie.cs.id.ethz.ch) AVAILABILITY
The fdformat command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. Linux 0.99 1 February 1993 FDFORMAT(8)