Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove lines from XML based on condition Post 302447741 by giles.cardew on Tuesday 24th of August 2010 06:36:25 AM
Old 08-24-2010
man, easy when you know how!

Legend

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search then remove based on condition

Folks; I'm trying to write a script to scan through a directory tree then for each file it finds, it run a command line tool, then if the results include the word "DONE", it removes the file. In more details; i have a Linux directory tree such as "/opt/grid/1022/store" I'm trying to write a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl XML, find matching condition and grep lines and put the lines somewhere else

Hi, my xml files looks something like this <Instance Name="New York"> <Description></Description> <Instance Name="A"> <Description></Description> <PropertyValue Key="false" Name="Building A" /> </Instance> <Instance Name="B"> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tententen
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract xml tag based on condition

Hi All, I have a large xml file of invoices. The file looks like below: <INVOICES> <INVOICE> <NAME>Customer A</NAME> <INVOICE_NO>1234</INVOICE_NO> </INVOICE> <INVOICE> <NAME>Customer A</NAME> <INVOICE_NO>2345</INVOICE_NO> </INVOICE> <INVOICE> <NAME>Customer A</NAME>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace text inside XML file based on condition

Hi All, I want to change the name as SEQ_13 ie., <Property Name="Name">SEQ_13</Property> when the Stage Type is PxSequentialFile ie., <Property Name="StageType">PxSequentialFile</Property> :wall: Input.XML <Main> <Record Identifier="V0S13" Type="CustomStage" Readonly="0">... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmsekhar
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the value in xml based on condition

Hi, I have a log file having n number of xml's like the one below. <uOStatus xmlns:env="http://abc.org/def/ghi/"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neethu
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print certain lines based on condition

Hi All, I have following listing Filesystem GB blocks Free Used Iused Iused Mounted on /dev/hd2 4.00 0.31 93 63080 43 /usr Filesystem GB blocks Free Used Iused Iused Mounted on Filesystem GB blocks Free Used Iused Iused... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line based on condition in awk

In the following tab-delimited input, I am checking $7 for the keyword intronic. If that keyword is found then $2 is split by the . in each line and if the string after the digits or the +/- is >10, then that line is deleted. This will always be the case for intronic. If $7 is exonic then nothing... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with XML tag value extraction based on matching condition

sample xml file part <DocumentMinorVersion>0</DocumentMinorVersion> <DocumentVersion>1</DocumentVersion> <EffectiveDate>2017-05-30T00:00:00Z</EffectiveDate> <FollowOnFrom> <ContractRequest _LoadId="export_AJ6iAFoh6g0rE9"> <_LocalId>CRW2218451</_LocalId> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paul1234
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with XML tag value extraction based on condition

sample xml file part <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><ContractWorkspace xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" _LoadId="export_AJ6iAFmh+pQHq1" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="ContractWorkspace.xsd"> <_LocalId>CW2218471</_LocalId> <Active>true</Active> ... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with tag value extraction from xml file based on a matching condition

Hi , I have a situation where I need to search an xml file for the presence of a tag <FollowOnFrom> and also , presence of partial part of the following tag <ContractRequest _LoadId and if these 2 exist ,then extract the value from the following tag <_LocalId> which is "CW2094139". There... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
XMLSTARLET(1)                                                    xmlstarlet Manual                                                   XMLSTARLET(1)

NAME
xmlstarlet - command line XML/XSLT toolkit SYNOPSIS
xmlstarlet [<options>] [<command>] [<cmd-options>] INTRODUCTION
XMLStarlet is a set of command line utilities (tools) which can be used to transform, query, validate, and edit XML documents and files us- ing simple set of shell commands in similar way it is done for plain text files using UNIX grep, sed, awk, diff, patch, join, etc commands. This set of command line utilities can be used by those who deal with many XML documents on UNIX shell command prompt as well as for auto- mated XML processing with shell scripts. OPTIONS
--version Display the version of xmlstarlet. --help Display help. COMMANDS
Type: xmlstarlet <command> --help <ENTER> for command help Available commands include: ed (or edit) Edit/update XML document(s). sel (or select) Select data or query XML document(s) (XPATH, etc). tr (or transform) Transform XML documents(s) using XSLT. val (or validate) Validate XML document(s) (well-formed/DTD/XSD/RelaxNG). fo (or format) Format XML document(s). el (or elements) Display element structure of XML document. c14n (or canonic) XML canonicalization. ls (or list) List directory as XML. esc (or escape) Escape special XML characters. unesc (or unescape) Unescape special XML characters. pyx (or xmln) Convert XML into PYX format (based on ESIS - ISO 8879). p2x (or depyx) Convert PYX into XML. REFERENCES
XMLStarlet is a command line toolkit to query/edit/check/transform XML documents (for more information see http://xmlstar.source- forge.net/). AUTHOR
Mikhail Grushinskiy. XMLSTARLET(1)