Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP from Windows to Solaris
Operating Systems Solaris FTP from Windows to Solaris Post 302447436 by solaris_user on Monday 23rd of August 2010 07:26:00 AM
Old 08-23-2010
Add your user in user file list

Code:
/etc/ftpd/ftpusers

Set which directory is going to be a shared directory under /export/home/user/directory

restart ftp

Code:
scvamd restart ftp

login form windows to solaris using ftp

Code:
ftp address of Solaris

login and move you documents to Solaris

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp to windows box

I want to be able to connect from my UNIX box to my Windows box via FTP. I am able to succesfully connect to my Windows box via FTP as anonymous, however I can not navigate directories. Issuing the followings commands provides no help: cd c:\ cd c: Both return with "c:: The filename,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: here2learn
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp file to Windows

I need to ftp Unix log file to Windows and using VB code to read file. After I ftped my Unix log file to Windows side, I found out that there is no carriage return, so I turned off 'cr' when ftp the file. But my VB code can't see "EOF" signal from this file, should I just add additional line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP from windows to unix

Hi all, How to FTP an excel format file located in windows to unix using shell script.Any particular commands we have to use? Thanks& Regards, rrs (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrs
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script to FTP file to UNIX - Solaris

Hello, A couple of times per week, i receive emails notifications when files are available for processing. Currently i read these eamails with a java program and store the attachement on my C: drive and would now like to generate a PC script to send this file name up to UNIX-Solaris and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP from Solaris to Windows

I know how to ftp from a unix server to another unix server, but how do I ftp frmo unix to a sepcified windows folder? For example, test file to transfer unix location of file - /tmp/test windows location to receive file c:\application\interface normally I would open the connection to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miredale
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows to UNIX FTP

Good Morning, I am currently having a setup of running a batch file in windows to ftp certain files to unix and after that one i login to a unix box to manually run a script to clean up those files and combine them into one and get go back to windows to run another batch of file to get the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryan_estiya
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

ftp to windows

Hi I am trying to do an ftp to window w2k using the script ------------------------------------------------------ #!/bin/ksh #script2 I found this script on UNIX script website userstr="dt4406\iusr_vantage_dev" W2Kservername="130.13.1.165" pwstr="verint1!" file1="TRP1run.sql"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: avivcohen
4 Replies

8. Solaris

NTFS under Solaris (switching from windows to Solaris server)

I want just to keep Solaris OS as my default OS . I have installed linux and windows as well but all my critical data is stored on NTFS partition so question is how to mount HDD with NTFS on Solaris (tried FUSE + NTFS-3g but that did`t worked for me system was down) And why Solaris does not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: microbot
2 Replies

9. Solaris

file showing 0 byte after ftp from windows to solaris 10 box

Dear All I am trying to put a file from window system to solaris 10 box through ftp, but after connected to solaris 10 through window via ftp, I put a file( its a solaris package) through put command to solaris box. When I checked it on solaris box I get a file having 0 bytes. even I try to put... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
3 Replies

10. AIX

Do I need to configure my local windows to FTP files from local windows to a UNIX AIX server?

Hi Friends, I have this script for ftping files from AIX server to local windows xp. #!/bin/sh HOST='localsystem.net' USER='myid_onlocal' PASSWD='mypwd_onlocal' FILE='file.txt' ##This is a file on server(AIX) ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD put $FILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies
FTPUSERS(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						       FTPUSERS(5)

NAME
ftpusers, ftpchroot -- tnftpd(8) access control file DESCRIPTION
The ftpusers file provides user access control for tnftpd(8) by defining which users may login. If the ftpusers file does not exist, all users are denied access. A ``'' is the escape character; it can be used to escape the meaning of the comment character, or if it is the last character on a line, extends a configuration directive across multiple lines. A ``#'' is the comment character, and all characters from it to the end of line are ignored (unless it is escaped with the escape character). The syntax of each line is: userglob[:groupglob][@host] [directive [class]] These elements are: userglob matched against the user name, using fnmatch(3) glob matching (e.g, 'f*'). groupglob matched against all the groups that the user is a member of, using fnmatch(3) glob matching (e.g, '*src'). host either a CIDR address (refer to inet_net_pton(3)) to match against the remote address (e.g, '1.2.3.4/24'), or an fnmatch(3) glob to match against the remote hostname (e.g, '*.NetBSD.org'). directive If ``allow'' or ``yes'' the user is allowed access. If ``deny'' or ``no'', or directive is not given, the user is denied access. class defines the class to use in ftpd.conf(5). If class is not given, it defaults to one of the following: chroot If there is a match in /private/etc/ftpchroot for the user. guest If the user name is ``anonymous'' or 'ftp'. real If neither of the above is true. No further comparisons are attempted after the first successful match. If no match is found, the user is granted access. This syntax is backward-compatible with the old syntax. If a user requests a guest login, the tnftpd(8) server checks to see that both ``anonymous'' and ``ftp'' have access, so if you deny all users by default, you will need to add both ``anonymous allow'' and ``ftp allow'' to /private/etc/ftpusers in order to allow guest logins. /private/etc/ftpchroot The file /private/etc/ftpchroot is used to determine which users will have their session's root directory changed (using chroot(2)), either to the directory specified in the ftpd.conf(5) chroot directive (if set), or to the home directory of the user. If the file does not exist, the root directory change is not performed. The syntax is similar to ftpusers, except that the class argument is ignored. If there's a positive match, the session's root directory is changed. No further comparisons are attempted after the first successful match. This syntax is backward-compatible with the old syntax. FILES
/private/etc/ftpchroot List of normal users who should have their ftp session's root directory changed by using chroot(2). /private/etc/ftpusers This file. /usr/share/ftpd/examples/ftpusers A sample ftpusers file. SEE ALSO
fnmatch(3), inet_net_pton(3), ftpd.conf(5), tnftpd(8) BSD
February 28, 2003 BSD