Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Log Management
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Log Management Post 302447380 by Lekha Rajesh on Monday 23rd of August 2010 02:17:06 AM
Old 08-23-2010
I am creating a script.so this action should be scripted.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with directory management

Hey guys.... I'm new to the unix environment. I'm trying to formulate a code with which I'm clueless. I want to write a code to save file(s) which were copied into a separate directory in my home directory with copied files having the same permissions both before and after they were copied. If... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: richardspence2
5 Replies

2. Solaris

sar log management

Im trying to manage solaris sar files, where are the log files kept, and do I need to delete them or are they cicular log files? Essentially do I need to manage them... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaunders
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Software management HP/UX 9.00

Hello, all! I'm newbie in HP/UX and at my job I'm dealing with HP/UX 9.00. Due this OS is an old one, I couldn't find some info, concretely, about software management on it. Can you please help me? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Che_G
5 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Password management / centralized password management

Hello all, I need help for build server call as Password management / centralized password management server. My situation and example: I have 600 server in my server room running on Linux then I need 1 server only can create login/password and then user can login to all 600 server no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheikh76
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

IP Management

Hello all, I was wondering which way do you use to manage you IPs? For example in our case we have excel sheets and we export them in html first and import it to a server running apache, so to be visible from all. But i was wondering if there are any way (prefer a way running in web server)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Audit.log Management

Hi, I'm fairly new to administering RedHat (or any Linux system for that matter), and was wondering if someone could help me work out how to best manage audit logs. In a nutshell, this is what I need to do: - Compress audit.log file(s) once a month and delete the originals - The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Seonix
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Password management

You know those lists of "the most common passwords"? I was looking at one of those because I actually want to use a really common password or two on occasion. The thing is I'm skeptical that these are legitimate lists. Most things these days require at least 8 chars with a numeral. But these lists... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jutnobs
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Individual Risk Management (Personal IT Security) and Browser Cache Management

Original post from this thread on browser caching. To add to this, it is an effective security measure to clear absolutely all cached data (cookies, web content, ....) when closing the browser - i.e. in case of a shutdown. It takes a bit of work to re-login to all the sites but websites will not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
7 Replies
source(3tcl)						       Tcl Built-In Commands						      source(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
source - Evaluate a file or resource as a Tcl script SYNOPSIS
source fileName source -encoding encodingName fileName | _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command takes the contents of the specified file or resource and passes it to the Tcl interpreter as a text script. The return value from source is the return value of the last command executed in the script. If an error occurs in evaluating the contents of the script then the source command will return that error. If a return command is invoked from within the script then the remainder of the file will be skipped and the source command will return normally with the result from the return command. The end-of-file character for files is "32" (^Z) for all platforms. The source command will read files up to this character. This restriction does not exist for the read or gets commands, allowing for files containing code and data segments (scripted documents). If you require a "^Z" in code for string comparison, you can use "32" or "u001a", which will be safely substituted by the Tcl interpreter into "^Z". The -encoding option is used to specify the encoding of the data stored in fileName. When the -encoding option is omitted, the system | encoding is assumed. EXAMPLE
Run the script in the file foo.tcl and then the script in the file bar.tcl: source foo.tcl source bar.tcl Alternatively: foreach scriptFile {foo.tcl bar.tcl} { source $scriptFile } SEE ALSO
file(3tcl), cd(3tcl), encoding(3tcl), info(3tcl) KEYWORDS
file, script Tcl source(3tcl)