Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK: Remove spaces before processing each line? Post 302447369 by pravin27 on Monday 23rd of August 2010 12:40:37 AM
Old 08-23-2010
How about perl
Code:
perl -lne 'if(/date:\s+(\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2})/) { print $1;}' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove leading spaces from a line

Hi friends I need some help, I have a file which looks as follows TEMP 014637065 014637065 517502 517502 RTE 517502 517502 RTE AWATER_TEST 12325 23563 588323 2323 5656 32385 23235635 ANOTHER_TEST 12 5433 FTHH 5653 833 TEST 123 123 3235 5353 353 53 35 353 535 3 YTERS GJK JKLS ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lijojoseph
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove extra spaces in a line

Hi, I need a help in deleting extra spaces in a text. I have a huge file, a part of it is :- 3 09/21/08 03:32:07 started undef mino Oracle nmx004.wwdc.numonyx.com Message Text : The Oracle session with the PID 1103 has a CPU time ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas027
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove trailing spaces from a line

I want to remove the trailing spaces from any line of file. line ending does not follow any pattern. plz help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas_kesarwani
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading a file inside awk and processing line by line

Hi Sorry to multipost. I am opening the new thread because the earlier threads head was misleading to my current doubt. and i am stuck. list=`cat /u/Test/programs`; psg "ServTest" | awk -v listawk=$list '{ cmd_name=($5 ~ /^/)? $9:$8 for(pgmname in listawk) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anteus
6 Replies

5. Programming

awk processing / Shell Script Processing to remove columns text file

Hello, I extracted a list of files in a directory with the command ls . However this is not my computer, so the ls functionality has been revamped so that it gives the filesizes in front like this : This is the output of ls command : I stored the output in a file filelist 1.1M... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
5 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

To remove the extra spaces at the end of each line in a file

I have a file of about 10k records and eace line is having an extra space of 5 byte at the end.. Iwant to remove the extra spaces at the end of each line.. Can someone please help me out.. I tried using sed command and its not working... can someone please help me out. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rammohan
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File Processing: Handling spaces in a line

Hi All, Iam trying to get a file processed and some lines have spaces...the below is not working Want to remove empty line Want to remove lines that start with # Avoid line with substring WHOA When trying to get the substring from the var also Iam having trouble file is like VAR=VALUE,... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: baanprog
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove spaces on a line?

Hi, suppose I have the following data: albert music=top40 age=20 bob music=punk rock age=25 candy music=r n b age=22 dave music=mozart or bach only age=30 I want to extract and manipulate the music column but it's got spaces in it. How can I substitute the space with an underscore... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: almonds
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using sed to remove spaces from middle of the line

Hi, I need to correct href portion of the lines to edit out spaces from the line starting with position "<a href=" and ending at "target=" Below are 2 examples of extra space added by the server: <td width=251 colspan=9 rowspan=22> <font size=2 face="courier"><tt><style>{font:7pt Courier ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: friedmi
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Remove line breaks and extra spaces

Hi, I want to remove all extra spaces, line breaks . Need a new line entry only for term starting"array" For eg: my input is array(), array(), array(), and my expected output is array(), array(), array(), Is it possible using awk? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsi.245
5 Replies
Gtk2::PageSetup(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Gtk2::PageSetup(3)

NAME
Gtk2::PageSetup HIERARCHY
Glib::Object +----Gtk2::PageSetup METHODS
pagesetup = Gtk2::PageSetup->new pagesetup = Gtk2::PageSetup->new_from_file ($file_name) o $file_name (localized file name) May croak with a Glib::Error in $@ on failure. Since: gtk+ 2.12 pagesetup = Gtk2::PageSetup->new_from_key_file ($key_file, $group_name) o $key_file (Glib::KeyFile) o $group_name (string or undef) May croak with a Glib::Error in $@ on failure. Since: gtk+ 2.12 double = $setup->get_bottom_margin ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $setup->set_bottom_margin ($margin, $unit) o $margin (double) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) double = $setup->get_left_margin ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $setup->set_left_margin ($margin, $unit) o $margin (double) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $setup->load_file ($file_name) o $file_name (string) May croak with a Glib::Error in $@ on failure. Since: gtk+ 2.14 $setup->load_key_file ($key_file, $group_name) o $key_file (Glib::KeyFile) o $group_name (string or undef) May croak with a Glib::Error in $@ on failure. Since: gtk+ 2.14 pageorientation = $setup->get_orientation $setup->set_orientation ($orientation) o $orientation (Gtk2::PageOrientation) double = $setup->get_page_height ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) double = $setup->get_page_width ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) double = $setup->get_paper_height ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $setup->set_paper_size_and_default_margins ($size) o $size (Gtk2::PaperSize) papersize = $setup->get_paper_size $setup->set_paper_size ($size) o $size (Gtk2::PaperSize) double = $setup->get_paper_width ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) double = $setup->get_right_margin ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $setup->set_right_margin ($margin, $unit) o $margin (double) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $setup->to_file ($file_name) o $file_name (localized file name) May croak with a Glib::Error in $@ on failure. Since: gtk+ 2.12 $setup->to_key_file ($key_file, $group_name) o $key_file (Glib::KeyFile) o $group_name (string or undef) Since: gtk+ 2.12 double = $setup->get_top_margin ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $setup->set_top_margin ($margin, $unit) o $margin (double) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) ENUMS AND FLAGS
enum Gtk2::PageOrientation o 'portrait' / 'GTK_PAGE_ORIENTATION_PORTRAIT' o 'landscape' / 'GTK_PAGE_ORIENTATION_LANDSCAPE' o 'reverse-portrait' / 'GTK_PAGE_ORIENTATION_REVERSE_PORTRAIT' o 'reverse-landscape' / 'GTK_PAGE_ORIENTATION_REVERSE_LANDSCAPE' enum Gtk2::Unit o 'pixel' / 'GTK_UNIT_PIXEL' o 'points' / 'GTK_UNIT_POINTS' o 'inch' / 'GTK_UNIT_INCH' o 'mm' / 'GTK_UNIT_MM' SEE ALSO
Gtk2, Glib::Object COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2008 by the gtk2-perl team. This software is licensed under the LGPL. See Gtk2 for a full notice. perl v5.12.1 2010-07-05 Gtk2::PageSetup(3)