Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed tricky problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed tricky problem Post 302447359 by alister on Sunday 22nd of August 2010 11:06:17 PM
Old 08-23-2010
Choose a different delimiter for sed's s command.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Tricky one...

Here's my problem: I have a laptop running Windows XP Pro with no internal CD or Floppy drives. I want to install Linux on it. I don't care about the Windows XP Pro installation, in fact I would like to install Linux over the entirety of the HD. However I cannot boot from any external CD drive... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saabir
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tricky Sed

Hello. I am trying to convert occurrences of 'NULL' from a datafile. The 'NULL' occurences appears at this: |NULL| NULL|NULL| NULL|NULL| NULL|NULL| NULL| There should be 52 fields per line. I would like any occurrence of | NULL| or |NULL| to appear as '||' Currently I am using this sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bestbuyernc
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tricky script question

Hi, I'm in the midst of writing a UNIX script that sftp's files to an external host and am stuck with a problem. The problem is that the files created on my server as a order number that correlates to a sequence of directories on the remote host which is where the file should be ftp'ed. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: budrito
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tricky sed or awk question

Hello everyone, unfortunately I am no unix nor scripting guru, which is why I am asking for help here. I am trying to reformat a .csv file using sed or awk which has the following format: a,b,C-D-E,f,g h,i,J,k,l m,n,O-P-Q-R-S,t,u v,w,X-Y,z,a It's basically a 5-field text file which has an... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: awayand
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Another tricky sed or awk question

This post is in reference to https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/137977-tricky-sed-awk-question-post302428154.html#post302428154 I am trying to go the opposite direction now: I have the following file: a,b,C,f,g a,b,D,f,g a,b,E,f,g h,i,J,k,l m,n,O,t,u m,n,P,t,u m,n,Q,t,u... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: awayand
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tricky little problem, send signal to other machine without user

Hi everyone! I want to be able to send a signal to another machine on the same network, and have it trigger a script on that machine. Here's the reason why I can't just ssh: I don't have a username on that machine, but there is a user that is always logged on that I can do stuff on. So, I want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: declannalced
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Tricky egrep

Hi folks! My first post here. I'm working on a script that retrieves a range of files from a list depending on a range of time. UPDATE: I've seen it could be difficult to read all this thing, so I'll make a summarize it.. How come I do this and take a result.. grep "..\:.." lista.new |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kl0x
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tricky GREP question..

I have some large login files that I need to extract (user)@(server) from. Where it gets tricky is that there is usually more than one '@' sign on each line(although it does have a leading space if it's not part of the (user)@(server) string), I need only the (user)@(server) section, I need only... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mordaris
6 Replies

9. HP-UX

Tricky situation getting IP address

Hi, I have a multihomed system HP-UX with two NIC cards having IP address 10.9.0.13 & 10.9.0.45 I have two weblogic servers running one listening on "10.9.0.13" and the other on "10.9.0.45" Given a PID how is it possible to extract the IP Address that the weblogic server is using and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tricky sed required

Hi All I need to put some sed together for a task and its a bit advanced for me, so I thought I'd ask if anyone here could help. I have a csv file with content like this - "","abcde","","" "'","abcde","","" "","","","1234" "'e'","","","" I need to remove any single quotes that fall... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
17 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)