Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting KSH Script to watch log files for 2 strings Post 302447301 by Pouchie1 on Sunday 22nd of August 2010 10:00:49 AM
Old 08-22-2010
KSH Script to watch log files for 2 strings

Hi all,

How can I do a ksh script to watch a log file for 2 specific alarms that have one this string : "Connection Error" and the other one: "Failure in sending". I would like to watch for these two alarms in the log and then if each of them repeats for about 30 times to go kill 2 processes.

Thanks,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script to analyze log files on AIX 5.2

Hi, I have written a script that traps errors on different servers from the log files based on the current system date. The trapped errors are written to a file and file is sent as an attachment to an email. I would like to run this script for every 2hrs. when i run the script from the second... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itzcoolbuddy
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which log files to watch for size?

I'm rusty with unix admin, and I was just informed by a peer in another city that I need to watch my unix log files for size, but she never told me which ones to watch - and of course, now she's gone for two weeks! I am using Sco OpenServer 5.5 (I believe), can anyone tip me off on the trouble log... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: citygov
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh-script "arithmetic syntax error" comparing strings

Hi all, Iīve already searched the forum but canīt find what i am doing wrong. I am trying to compare two variables using ksh under red hat. The error I get is: -ksh: .: MDA=`md5sum /tmp/ftp_dir_after_transfer | cut -d' ' -f1 ` MDB=`md5sum /tmp/ftp_dir_before_transfer | cut -d' ' -f1 `... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: old_mike
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple script to find common strings in two files

Hi , I want to write a simple script. I have two files file1: BCSpeciality Backend CB CBAPQualDisp CBCimsVFTRCK CBDSNQualDisp CBDefault CBDisney CBFaxMCGen CBMCGeneral CBMCQualDisp file2: CSpeciality Backend (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find NOT common strings in two files

Hi all, I'd like you to help or give any advise about the following: I have two (2) files, file1 and file2, both files have information common to each other. The contents of file1 is a subset of the contents of file2: file1: errormsgadmin esdp esgservices esignipa iprice ipvpn irm... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hnux
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find NOT common strings in two files

Hi all, I'd like you to help or give any advise about the following: I have two (2) files, file1 and file2, both files have information common to each other. The contents of file1 is a subset of the contents of file2: file1: errormsgadmin esdp esgservices esignipa iprice ipvpn irm... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: hnux
18 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving log files based on month - help with ksh shell script

Hello, I'm trying to move the log files from the parent directory to respective monthly folder and I would be running this script on a weekly basis through cron. I'm new to this scripting and here is what i could come up and it runs without really doing anything. I even tried placing echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jusblues
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Watch a directory for new files

In Solaris, and other distros without the "watch" command, use the following code watch for files added to a directory. #!/bin/bash while ; do watchdir=/var/tmp newfile=$watchdir/.newer touch $newfile find $watchdir -newer $newfile; touch -a -m $newfile; ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Watch a directory for files with a pecific pattern

I dont know if this possible. I need to watch a directory and if any file gets appeneded with a particular entry say, nologin.php, we should get output of that. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil510
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pass strings from a list of strings from another file and create multiple files?

Hello Everyone , Iam a newbie to shell programming and iam reaching out if anyone can help in this :- I have two files 1) Insert.txt 2) partition_list.txt insert.txt looks like this :- insert into emp1 partition (partition_name) (a1, b2, c4, s6, d8) select a1, b2, c4, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nubie2linux
2 Replies
INOTIFY_RM_WATCH(2)					     Linux Programmer's Manual					       INOTIFY_RM_WATCH(2)

NAME
inotify_rm_watch - remove an existing watch from an inotify instance SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/inotify.h> int inotify_rm_watch(int fd, int wd); DESCRIPTION
inotify_rm_watch() removes the watch associated with the watch descriptor wd from the inotify instance associated with the file descriptor fd. Removing a watch causes an IN_IGNORED event to be generated for this watch descriptor. (See inotify(7).) RETURN VALUE
On success, inotify_rm_watch() returns zero. On error, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the cause of the error. ERRORS
EBADF fd is not a valid file descriptor. EINVAL The watch descriptor wd is not valid; or fd is not an inotify file descriptor. VERSIONS
Inotify was merged into the 2.6.13 Linux kernel. CONFORMING TO
This system call is Linux-specific. SEE ALSO
inotify_add_watch(2), inotify_init(2), inotify(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2017-09-15 INOTIFY_RM_WATCH(2)