Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mv command not found bug
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting mv command not found bug Post 302447263 by bartus11 on Sunday 22nd of August 2010 04:31:40 AM
Old 08-22-2010
I think you should post your whole script. Then we might identify source of your problem.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i check in csh if command found or not found ?

hello all im trying to use in sun Solaris the information received from the top command now i several machines that dont have install the top program so when im running the script im geting error saying after im running this code : set MemoryInfo = `top | grep Memory` if (... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Have I found a bug?

When searching for new posts, I see that my voting in one of the polls counts as a 'new post'. However, while the '<blah> minutes ago' entry updates correctly, the 'by <username>' is the last user to actually post a comment in the poll instead. Result: Poll: vB Guest Book 39... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smiling Dragon
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: <command nm> command not found

I created a script that I need to run from time to time, but get this error message. To get it working again I run this command from time to time: export PATH="$PATH:~/scripts" I put all my automated scripts in the /scripts directory and would like to run my scripts from any directory... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: catalinawinemxr
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

When i am trying to execute export command within a shell script it is saying command not found.

I am running the export command within a view to use that value inside my build script. But while executing it it is saying "export command not found" My code is as follows: -------------------------- #!/bin/sh user="test" DIR="/bldtmp/"$user VIEW="test.view1" echo "TMPDIR before export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchoudhury
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to terminate command execution when string found in the command output

Hi Experts, I am very much new to linux scripting, I am currently working on reducing my manual work and hence writing a script to automate few task. I am running below command to snmpwalk the router.. snmpwalk -v 3 -u WANDL_SU -a MD5 -A vfipmpls -x DES -X VfIpMpLs -l authPriv... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hanumant.madane
19 Replies

6. Linux

Bug in date command?

Why is the result of this command off (or less) by one hour date --date "1979-10-26 +54 hours" +%Y%m%d%H The result is 1979102805 It actually should be 1979102806 It does it with adding minutes as well and only occurs on Oct. 26, from what I can tell. What's going on here? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hsemune
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Strange bug crontab command line php / bcompiler

Hello everyone, I have a small problem that I'm stuck for several days and I do not go out. I tell you, I have a php script that I want to run crontab, it uses a compiled bcompiler file. In my php file if(file_exists("php/Alibrary.phb")){ include_once("php/Alibrary.phb"); What I do... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicolas33770
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Command not found

On my MAC - I get Command not found error for some command like mvn , java_home etc . I CD to the actual directory to take path out of picture and even then i get the command not found error . anyone else have the same problem ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambm01
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Has AudioScope found a bug in bash 4.4.5?

Using AudioScope.sh on Ubuntu 17.04 from a live DVD disc I came across an error. Consider the code below it is a MUCH shortened version of the KEYBOARD input in AudioScope. #!/bin/bash bash --version uname -a status=0 KEYBOARD() { read -r -p "Enter QUIT or EXIT to quit:- " kbinput if ||... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies
curs_move(3)						     Library Functions Manual						      curs_move(3)

NAME
curs_move, move, wmove - Move the Curses window cursor SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int move( int y, int x ); int wmove( WINDOW *win, int y, int x ); LIBRARY
Curses Library (libcurses) STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: move, wmove: XCURSES4.2 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. DESCRIPTION
These routines move the cursor associated with the Curses window to line y and column x. They do not move the physical cursor of the ter- minal until refresh is called. The specified position is relative to (0,0), which is the upper left-hand corner of the window. NOTES
The header file <curses.h> automatically includes the header file <stdio.h>. Note that move may be a macro. RETURN VALUES
These routines return the integer ERR upon failure and OK upon successful completion. SEE ALSO
Functions: curses(3), curs_refresh(3) Others: standards(5) curs_move(3)