Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Argumenting passed not echoing inside the script Post 302447238 by sathish.shanmug on Saturday 21st of August 2010 11:41:33 PM
Old 08-22-2010
Hi Phil

Thanks,

I just added the path where i am running this program in to $PATH.

Now its working fine.

Thanks a lot.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with script not able to take parameters passed to it

when I pass any 2 parameters it always says: Number of parameters passed: 1 and the job_name as x Can some body help? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get files names passed to a script

I need to get files names passed to a script. Here number of files passed may vary like MyScript.ksh file1 file2 file3..... so on I am writting script somthing like this set -A Files while (i<=$#) do File=$i let i=i+1 done Is this correct way doing this. Is there any other way.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: unishiva
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with script not able to take parameters passed to it

debug output: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
3 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Loosing formatting when echoing an awk script

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: When I echo out the output of my awk script I loose the formatting that I set in my awk script (it should be in a table format). 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms: 3. The attempts at a solution (include all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROFL
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

flags passed to an awk script

I have an awk script script.awk for example and want to pass a flag (let's call it "neat") so that the data is put into nice columns. For example like this awk -v neat -f script.awk fin > fout Then check inside the program if the use has put neat, if yes I output the lines in nice columns,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the file name passed to a shell script

Hi all I want to use the filename passed into a shell script within the shell it self. The file will be passed as shown below ./myScript < myFile.file i tried $1 but i think since myFile is not passed as a command line arg its not saving the file name in $1 any help is appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridanu
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Value of variable not getting passed in child script

Hi, I am facing a challenge in fixing an issue in my installation scripts.Here is a situation: There are 3 files which are invoked at a below given order: Installer.ksh----->Installer.xml(Ant script)------->common.ksh I am outputting a message from common.ksh at a terminal, after that trying to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baig_1988
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Three parameters passed from a script to other at different time

nothing (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shikha84
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find the sum of argument passed to the script

I want to make a script which takes the number of argument, add those argument and gives output to the user, but I am not getting through... Script that i am using is below : #!/bin/bash sum=0 for i in $@ do sum=$sum+$1 echo $sum shift done I am executing the script as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to create runtime variables based on the number of parameters passed in the script

Hi All, I have a script which intends to create as many variables at runtime, as the number of parameters passed to it. The script needs to save these parameter values in the variables created and print them abc.sh ---------- export Numbr_Parms=$# export a=1 while do export... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev.devil.1983
3 Replies
FILECAP:(8)						  System Administration Utilities					       FILECAP:(8)

NAME
filecap - a program to see capabilities SYNOPSIS
filecap [ -a | -d | /dir | /dir/file [cap1 cap2 ...] ] DESCRIPTION
filecap is a program that prints out a report of programs with file based capabilities. If a file is not in the report or there is no report at all, no capabilities were found. For expedience, the default is to check only the directories in the PATH environmental variable. If the -a command line option is given, then all directories will be checked. If a directory is passed, it will recursively check that directory. If a path to a file is given, it will only check that file. If the path to the file includes capabilities, then they are written to the file. OPTIONS
-a This tells the program to show all capabilities starting from the / directory. Normally the PATH environmental variable is used to show you capabilities on files you are likely to execute. -d This dumps all capabilities for reference. EXAMPLES
To check file capabilities in $PATH: filecap To check file capabilities of whole system: filecap -a To check file capabilities recursively in a directory: filecap /usr To check file capabilities of a specific program: filecap /bin/passwd To list all possible capabilities: filecap -d To set a file capability on a specific program: filecap /bin/ping net_raw net_admin SEE ALSO
pscap(8), netcap(8), capabilities(7). AUTHOR
Steve Grubb Red Hat March 2009 FILECAP:(8)