Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat problems after modifying modprobe.conf Post 302447229 by fpmurphy on Saturday 21st of August 2010 10:58:14 PM
Old 08-21-2010
From what you are showing us, it appears that the delay is within the initramfs. Is this correct? Did you include these HBA drivers within the initrd image?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Configuring snmpd.conf and snmptrapd.conf

HI, I want a help for Configuring snmpd.conf and snmptrapd.conf (i.e Configuring SNMP) for receiving TRAPS in my networks. I am using RHEL4.0 OS. Please tell me How I can configure above two files in a proper way and at an advanced level. Especially I am getting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagdish.machhi@
2 Replies

2. Solaris

basic question on sd.conf and lpc.conf file

Hello Guys, Do we need to configure this file only if we add SAN disk or even if we add local disk, do we need to modify? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
4 Replies

3. Linux

Modprobe problem

I'm trying to get a watchdog module working on a server. (Watchdog timers are little hardware devices that reboot the system if it becomes unresponsive.) The module takes some options like the timeout til reboot, what power action to take, etc. I've set these options up in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertigo23
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

Modifying limits.conf & pam.d

Hello all, I'm running Oracle 10.2 on RHEL5. Current value of ulimit -n is set to a low value of 1024. I need to increase it to 65536 using the following procedure. cat >> /etc/security/limits.conf <<EOF oracle soft nproc 2047 oracle hard nproc 16384 oracle soft nofile 1024 oracle hard... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Modifying syslog.conf

I have a RHEL box that I want to be the loghost for all of the other systems on my network and have set up a /logs partitions to hold all of the logs. I've also created a file called current.log that will contain daily logs and created it using the following command: cp /dev/null current.log. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goose25
4 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Problems with xorg.conf

Hi folks, I'm using a virtual machine to run Ubuntu 9.04 and I tried modify the xorg.conf following the steps by other pages and I always have problems when I restart the vmachine (Sun VirtualBox). This is my xorg.conf ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adiegorpc
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Modprobe prepare new IP address

Hello, I m working on virtualization and saved the templates in virtual server. On creating the new Virtual machine or linux system, is there a way where during booting, it should prompt for new IP address, gateway, DNS and hostname? Or is there any configuration in linux where we can modify... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alnhk
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modprobe error message

Hi anyone knows what this error message means and how to fix it? igb 0000:01:00.0: enabling device (0000 -> 0002) igb 0000:01:00.0: PCI INT D -> GSI 16 (level, low) -> IRQ 16 igb 0000:01:00.0: setting latency timer to 64 igb 0000:01:00.0: Hardware Initialization Failure igb 0000:01:00.0: PCI... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to update rsyslog.conf and auditd.conf

Hello all, Newbie here. I'm currently tasked with updating rsyslog.conf and auditd.conf on a large set of servers. I know the exact logging configurations that I want to enable. I have updated both files on on a server and hope to use the updated files as a template for the rest of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mide
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Configure resolv.conf and nsswitch.conf

Hi, I've installed Solaris 11.3(live media) and configured DNS. Everytime I reboot the server, resolv.conf got deleted and it created a new nsswitch.conf. I used below to configure both settings: # svccfg -s dns/client svc:/network/dns/client> setprop config/nameserver = (xx.xx.xx.aa... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: flexihopper18
1 Replies
MKDUMPRD(8)							   User Manuals 						       MKDUMPRD(8)

NAME
mkdumprd - (Re)build the initramfs for kdump SYNOPSIS
mkdumprd [-h] [-q] [-f] [-k kernelver] [-i opts] DESCRIPTION
mkdumprd (re-)builds the kdump initrd. For kdump, a special initrd is used because o the kdump initrd should include network modules and network configuration (and therefore is larger as the normal initrd used for booting), o the kdump initrd should use no splash screen, o the kdump initrd includes kdumptool(8) and all required libraries. This script calls mkinitrd(8) with all required parameters. If the initrd already exists, it checks first if the configuration file or the kernel are newer, and only rebuilds the initrd if necessary. OPTIONS
All option parsing is done via the getopt(3) function, and therefore follows all standard command line parsing rules. -h | --help Shows help output and exits. -k kernelversion Specifies the kernel version. If no version is specified and also no kernel or initrd are specified, then mkdumprd uses kdumptool(8) to find out the correct kernel and initrd. -K kernel Specifies the kernel binary. If you specify that option, also specify -I. -I initrd Specifies the resulting initrd. If you specify that option, also specify -K. -q Be quiet. Don't output status messages. Used to call mkdumprd(8) from /etc/init.d/kdump init script. -i parameters Append the specified parameters to mkinitrd(8) call. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/kdump Kdump configuration. See kdump(5). BUGS
Please report bugs and enhancement requests at https://bugzilla.novell.com. COPYING
Copyright (c) 2008 Bernhard Walle <bwalle@suse.de>. Free use of this software is granted under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL), version 2 or later. SEE ALSO
kdumptool(8), mkinitrd(8), http://en.opensuse.org/Kdump kdump 0.8.1 07/05/2010 MKDUMPRD(8)