Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help with FTP Variable Transfer Post 302447154 by piking on Saturday 21st of August 2010 11:23:14 AM
Old 08-21-2010
Thanks, I'll try it. As for the passwords and usernames, I am going to convert it to an executable when I am finished.

EDIT:
Thanks it worked, but I messed something up and it won't load it know. Oh well, I'll keep messing with it.

EDIT 2:
Thanks it is now fixed! Smilie

Last edited by piking; 08-21-2010 at 01:37 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Transfer Success

Hi I'm using Shell script which will ftp (download) a file from a host. I need to check whether the file has been transfered completley or not. Can anyone tell me how to do that? Thanks Ben (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abrd600
1 Replies

2. Solaris

ftp transfer

Hi ....I'm trying to ftp 2 pkgs SUNWqlc & SUNWqlcx since they were accidentally deleted from my servers. For one reaseon or the other my server is not loading the cdrom, so I mounted the cdrom on a differernt server & ftp's to it. I tried to get this pkg using the bin & I get an error message... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Remi
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Transfer error

Hi ! I created a similar script as shown below to automate an FTP transfer and encountered errors. Appreciate any advice to resolve this issue. The script: #!/usr/bin/ksh ftp 'IP ADD' << cmd user 'user' 'pass' lcd /home/data get 'FileA' FileB quit cmd Connected to 'IP_ADD'.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosec
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp transfer permission denied

I am using a Cobalt Raq4 with Apache web server. I am trying to set the intermediate SSL certificate. I have edited httpd.conf and have created the intermediate SSL certificate text file. However when I try to upload the text file via ftp I get a "Permission denied" message. I am the server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dennisheazle
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

file transfer using Ftp

Hi All, I am very new to shell scripting,I have some doubts how we can do a file transfer using ftp I wanted to transfer files using non_secure ftp and secure ftp(sftp) mode, for secure ftp i am using following code verbose="verbose" ftp="/usr/bin/ftp" user="ABC" pass="123"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhi
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Transfer through FTP

Hi Guys, I wanted to transfer files from FTP machine to Linux Machine. In this, I need to create a batch file that will connect to the Linux Machine and Transfer the files specified as the parameter to the files. Ex : transferfiles Product Time Geography Here transferfiles shld contain... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Swapna173
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP (File Transfer)

I am going to transfer file from UNIX directory to remote windows location and i wrote the script but i am getting the error as 'FTP: not found' or i am getting this error 'The file path is not found'. Please help me to resolve this problem as early as possible.(urgent). my script is, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp transfer in a for loop

Frdz, i have scenorio like i have to open ftp connection in a for loop and connect to the other server and upload the file again and again till the for loop ends but i am getting problem when i use the following code. for i in `ls ${SOURCE_DIR}/` do FOLDER_NAME=`basename $i` for j in `ls... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KiranKumarKarre
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer multiple different files in FTP

Hi All, i am doing ftp how can i transfer multiple different files example- 03-21-13 06:33AM 46800 CATT_HOURS.pgp 03-21-13 06:33AM 266392 CATT_TAX.txt 03-21-13 06:33AM 91448 CATT_STATUS.txt 03-21-13 06:33AM 468 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to see the status of all the ftp put & get files logs and curent ftp transfer status ?

How to see the status of all the ftp put & get files logs and curent ftp transfer status if any active ftp running in the background ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i4ismail
2 Replies
dput(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   dput(1)

NAME
dput - package upload tool for Debian SYNTAX
dput [options] [host] package.changes ... DESCRIPTION
This is a tool for uploading Debian packages into the archive. You may specify to which host it should upload the file by passing it an host argument. If omitted, dput uses the host specified by default_host (or, historically default_host_non-us) configuration option. Also you have to pass the program one or more name of package.changes files and then they will be sequentially uploaded. This program will then upload the package for you into the archive, using a selected upload method. Currently dput supports ftp, scp, rsync, http, https, and local. The method scripts have been split from the main script so it is easy to add new methods. Look in /usr/share/dput/ for examples. Should something go wrong with your upload to destinations using the Debian upload queue daemon (e.g. ftp-master), you can remove files from the upload queue with dcut(1). OPTIONS
-c, --config - define a config file to use. -d, --debug - activate debugging mode, helpful if bugs occur. -D, --dinstall - do a dry run of dinstall after the upload. -f, --force - force an upload of an already uploaded package. -h, --help - print help information and exit. -H, --host-list - print the lists of hosts that dput knows about. -l, --lintian - run lintian before the upload. -U, --no-upload-log - do not write a .upload log file after uploading. -o, --check-only - check only the package and do not upload. -p, --print - print the configuration that dput is using. -P, --passive - use passive ftp instead of active. Note that passive ftp is the default unless specified otherwise in the configuration file. -s, --simulate - simulate an upload only. -u, --unchecked - don't check GnuPG signature on the changes file. -e, --delayed - Upload to a DELAYED queue, rather than the usual Incoming. This takes an argument from 0 to 15. Note that a delay of 0 is different from no delay at all. -v, --version - print version information and exit. -V, --check-version - check if the user has already installed and tested the package before putting it into the archive. ENVIRONMENT
This program doesn't depend on any environment variables. But if the variable USER is set, it will be used. LICENSE
This program is distributed under the terms of the GPL. BUGS
Please send bug reports to the author. FILES
/etc/dput.cf global dput configuration file ~/.dput.cf peruser dput configuration file SEE ALSO
dput.cf(5) dcut(1) /usr/share/doc/dput /usr/share/dput AUTHOR
dput was written Christian Kurz. The current maintainer is Thomas Viehmann <tv@beamnet.de>. Many other people have contributed to this code. See the Thanks file. COMMENTS
The author does appreciate comments and suggestions from you. October 5, 2001 dput(1)