Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Unable to remove shared memory in Redhat Linux Post 302447058 by fpmurphy on Friday 20th of August 2010 06:42:05 PM
Old 08-20-2010
What error code or message are you getting when you try to remove the shared memory?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Clear / Remove / Create Shared Memory...

Hi all... am not so much brilliant in this area... here i think many good hearted peoples around... so if anybody have intention to reply for my problem please give me a cut and clear picture of how... Thanks. ok comming to my problem... In our MHC server (Sco Unix 4.*) running 19 C process... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yocks
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

pny adp648tm-50 memory not working with redhat linux

I had two high speed 1gb mem installed on my primary mem slots. When i tried to add two PNY adp648tm-50 mem, 1gb each on the two empty mem slots, it didn't work. However both the old and the pny mem by themselves work and the system boot up, but fails if I put all the memories in there. Any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: return_user
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

WAS 6.1 ND/Lawson ERP/HP-UX 11.23 PA-RISC - unable to attach shared memory segment

I'm not an HP-UX Admin professional, but rather a Lawson ERP installer. I'm looking for clues on how to troubleshoot this issue. I have WAS 6.1 ND running on HP-UX 11.23 PA-RISC with the Lawson ERP application . When I start the Lawson application, no errors arise. When I start WAS app server, an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrvitas
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

about shared memory space in Linux !

Dear Friends , I am confused about shared memory in Linux . plz look @ the below output : $ df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda1 126G 61G 59G 52% / tmpfs 1.7G 0 1.7G 0% /dev/shm Here , I see that every time... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Shared memory in linux

Hello, I am using Linux os. $ df -k /dev/shm Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on tmpfs 2023256 1065000 958256 53% /dev/shm $ Based on my google this, it is shared memory. What is this shared memory and where exactly it is used? Can you... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Unable to install datastage server on Redhat Linux

Hi, i have tried to install datastage server on redhat Linux operating system. But i unable to install the datastage sevrer. here are the details of the system. 1. Lynix installed using vmwear. vmwear Version :7.0.1 build-227600 2. lynix version information. uname -a ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onesuri
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

unable to send mail from redhat linux server

While sending mail from linux server we observed below logs, stat=Deferred: Name server: xxxxxxxxxx.: host name lookup failure Kindly suggest what we need to change? Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hydoss1
2 Replies

8. Programming

Linux Shell Piping w/Shared Memory

So I am pretty new to the linux environment, and I am trying to create a shell that uses multiple pipes, and I read online that piping using shared memory space is more efficient than using regular piping. However, I have zero clue how to use shared memory space with pipes. Has anyone done this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Greg_MC
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Unable to mount shared folder from Linux server

Hi all, I have 3 servers, rx2600, rx2600, and rx2660. I have another x86 server running on Suse, and create a shared folder named /public From 1 of the rx2600 server I can mount that shared folder : intaqa:/>mount 10.1.2.82:/public /bkup intaqa:/>cd /bkup But from 2 others server I... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: rexmale
29 Replies
IPCRM(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  IPCRM(1)

NAME
ipcrm -- remove the specified message queues, semaphore sets, and shared memory segments SYNOPSIS
ipcrm [-M shmkey] [-m shmid] [-Q msgkey] [-q msqid] [-S semkey] [-s semid] ... DESCRIPTION
ipcrm removes the specified message queues, semaphores, and shared memory segments. These System V IPC objects can be specified by their creation ID or any associated key. The following options are used to specify which IPC objects will be removed. Any number and combination of these options can be used: -M shmkey Mark the shared memory segment associated with key shmkey for removal. This marked segment will be destroyed after the last detach. -m shmid Mark the shared memory segment associated with ID shmid for removal. This marked segment will be destroyed after the last detach. -Q msgkey Remove the message queue associated with key msgkey from the system. -q msqid Remove the message queue associated with the ID msqid from the system. -S semkey Remove the semaphore set associated with key semkey from the system. -s semid Removes the semaphore set associated with ID semid from the system. If the id or key argument is ``all'' then all entries of the appropriate type are removed. The identifiers and keys associated with these System V IPC objects can be determined by using ipcs(1). SEE ALSO
ipcs(1), shmat(2), shmctl(2), shmdt(2), shmget(2) BSD
May 31, 2008 BSD