Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Role of sys admin during power outage in Data center Post 302447017 by rigin on Friday 20th of August 2010 01:45:56 PM
Old 08-20-2010
Role of sys admin during power outage in Data center

i am new to aix environment and all my servers are @ remote location

just curious to know , what issues/tasks we will be facing when there is a power outage in a data centre, i heard outage's will be a challenging task for administrators.. any example of that sort will be a great help

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Raid help for new sys admin

Hi, I have a Sunfire v240 with 4 72GB internal disks (drive 0 is the system disk). Scratch the following ( Revised requirements below) I need to set up a Raid using the remaining 3 disks for a Oracle database, but don't know how to do it (or the size of the database). I don't know if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: antalexi
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Network Sys Admin

Hi, my name is wesly. I an IT tech at the Junior Level. I have a bachelors degree in Computer Information Systems. I would like to fully become a Unix Sys Admin. Can anyone please tell me what I have to do. Do I have to set up a Unix or Linux server. How about Apache. Please give me clues and tips... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wes.lat
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Booting up problem after power outage

hi guys, i'm new so don't bite too hard. having a problem booting up a V210 running sol9 on after a power outage... an init5 was done but not a init0 before the power cut... so now when booting up it gives the ff: SC Alert: Host System has Reset Probing system devices Probing memory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lungsta
2 Replies

4. AIX

Help training for Unix Sys Admin

I have worked on AIX for a number of years now and want to upskill to Sys Admin. My problem is my employer won't give root access etc to their servers so I must find my own way of training. Can anyone suggest a virtual environment I could use to train for AIX sys admin tasks, or suggest an old... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackmeadow
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Sys Admin Certification

Hi, I am planning to get certified in Solaris 10 for my own interest. Although I don't have much experience in sys admin, I have got some background in scripting and some sort of beginner level administration. But I have read in many places that one must have a good amount of experience in sys... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
8 Replies

6. Linux

Administrator responsibilities, in case of power outage?

Hi guys, I was wondering if you could share some of your knowledge, in the event of a power outage. Let presume you are on duty and you get a call at midnight because half of your cabinets have no power, air conditioning is down and you deal with a ton of 500 error messages on your boxes. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: TECK
9 Replies

7. AIX

System can't boot up after power outage

Hello Forum, I am very newbie with AIX. We have 2 AIX 9111-285 servers. The OS version is 5.3. After the power outage, they did not come up. I try to unplug the power cable and re-connect after 1 minutes but do not help. Both display the same reference code 110000AC on the front panel... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lilyn
6 Replies

8. AIX

Automatic Server bootup after power outage?

Hi everyone, We had a power outage few days ago, and I got the servers up and running but I was informed to look into, if there is a way to bring up the servers automatically/defaultly. I was told the windows admin has their server set up where the servers are up automatically if there is a... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adnans2k
11 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

OUTAGE: Data Center Problem Resolved.

There was a problem with our data center today, creating a site outage (server unreachable). That problem has been resolved. Basically, it seems to have been a socially engineered denial-of-service attack against UNIX.com; which I stopped as soon as I found out what the problem was. Total... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
TASKSEL(8)						      Debian specific manpage							TASKSEL(8)

NAME
tasksel - a user interface for installing tasks SYNOPSIS
tasksel install <task> tasksel remove <task> tasksel [options] DESCRIPTION
tasksel shows all available tasks and allows to user to select ones to install OPTIONS
-t, --test test mode; don't actually install or remove packages --new-install automatically select some tasks without even displaying them to the user; default other tasks to on; used during new Debian installs. --list-tasks list on stdout the tasks that would be displayed in the tasksel interface --task-packages task lists on stdout the packages that are available and part of the given task Note that this option may be given more than once. --task-desc task outputs the extended description of the given task --debconf-apt-progress options Pass the specified options to the debconf-apt-progress command that tasksel runs. SEE ALSO
dpkg(8), apt-get(8) FILES
/usr/share/tasksel/*.desc and /usr/local/share/tasksel/*.desc are used to define tasks. AUTHOR
tasksel was written by Randolph Chung <tausq@debian.org> and Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> HISTORY
This document first appeared with tasksel-1.0 3.14.1 2012-08-27 TASKSEL(8)