Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Change in Input feed based on condition file Post 302446896 by varunrbs on Friday 20th of August 2010 04:56:58 AM
Old 08-20-2010
1 record in 3 lines

One single record is taking 3 lines. All the records are starting with TSCM. There are 10 records in total.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search file, change existing value based on input (awk help)

I have a file (status.file) of the form: valueA 3450 valueB -20 valueC -340 valueD 48 I am tailing a data.file, and need to search and modify a value in status.file...the tail is: tail -f data.file | awk '{ print $3, ($NF - $(NF-1)) }' which will produce lines that look like this: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nortonloaf
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to print on condition in input file

I need only those records which has $2 equal to "DEF" independent of case (i.e upper or lower) nawk -F"," '$2 ~ //{print $0}' file This returns 3rd record also which i dont want I tried this but this doesnt work as expected. nawk -F"," '$2 == ""{print $0}' file i dont... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy input file based on condition

Hi, I am new to unix shell programming. I want to write a shell script for a functionality existing in mainframe system. I have one file as below as input 123456 &__987 &12yuq abcdef _ referes to blank condition:whenever the input file is having &__ ,it should be replaced... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: charan0703
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move input file based on condition

Hello, I have File1 in a directory A, a File2 in a directory B. If the File2 is not empty Then I have to move File1 from directory A to a directory archive Else no action. Is it possible to do this from one command line? Thank you in advance for your answers. Madi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AngelMady
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I change file value based on condition

Hi, Gurus, I got a problem to resolve following issue: I have one file file1as following: start_dt=2010-01-01 12:00:02 start_dt=2011-01-01 09:00:02 start_dt=2009-01-01 11:00:02I have another file file2 as following: title1, 2010-01-03 10:00:02 title2, 2011-01-04 11:00:02 title3,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Feed Input to a script running on bash

Hi Sir, I am just learning bash scripting and I came across a challenge. I need to input F11 to a script among many text inputs. For all the text inputs i did following. # sh test.sh < input.txt where input.txt contains all the text inputs in new lines. This worked fine until i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gaurav kumar
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to select the rows from the feed file based on the input value provided

Hi Folks, I have the below feed file named abc1.txt in which you can see there is a title and below is the respective values in the rows and it is completely pipe delimited file ,. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to change contents of field based on condition in same file

In the awk below I am trying to copy the entire contents of $6 there may be multiple values seperated by a ;, to $8, if $8 is . (lines 1 and 3 are examples). If that condition $8 is not . (line2 is an example) then that line is skipped and printed as is. The awk does execute but prints the output... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Change the field color based on condition in email

Request your help to change the field color based on condition , if it is otherthan 0. using html in unix. Here is my condition for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) { print "<td> "$i"</td> } Please use CODE tags when displaying sample input, output, and code segments. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: CatchMe
17 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk to add +1 to value based on condition in input

In the awk below I am trying to add a | that will adjust $2 in the ouput by adding +1 if the original value from file that was used in $3 had a - in it. Line 3 of file is an example of this. In my current awk I just subtract one but I am not sure how to only apply this to those values without a -.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)