Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Different hostnames with reboot while lan cable, no lan cable Post 302446887 by Mubeen Nakade on Friday 20th of August 2010 04:04:53 AM
Old 08-20-2010
Check if hostname is picked from dhcp when network cord connected..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cable modem to sparc

hi , i have sparc machine , i want to connect my le0 (ethernet interface) directly to cable modem , i have created a file resolv.conf,hosts, dhcp.le0,defaultrouter,nisswitch,hostname.le0. i dont know my cable companies <domain name> and <name server assigned to me> , also they even dont know how... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raju
5 Replies

2. BSD

cable modem problem

hi I want to setup my cable modem under OpenBSD. I did not configure my network while installing the system. When I type, I get # ifconfig -a lo0 : .... ... ... rl0 : .... ... ... vr0 : ... ... ... I have two network cards (the machine will be a router). I created... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fnoyan
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Is the cable you are using a null modem cable or a modem cable

Hi all, Is there any difference between a null modem cable or a modem cable ? i assume that a null modem cable is a normal cable that i used from cpu serial ports to a modem for dialup. please correct if i am wrong, thks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: waterbear
2 Replies

4. Solaris

How to configure private LAN and coporate LAN on the same machine-Solaris10

Hi , I am trying to configure a private LAN and corporate LAN on the same machien on Solaris 10. How can I achieve this? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deedee
1 Replies

5. AIX

need AIX console cable

Hello ... I am newbie and will be very grateful for any help. I need a serial console cable for my AIX boxes (seems we have lost the one we had!). However I am confused about the one one to order - UK based if possible. I wonder if anyone can point me at a specific one or the exact spec i need to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tim441
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Cable link down

We are unable to ping from Sun Ultra 60 to Ultra 10 machine and vice versa. We are getting an error message Cable Link Down ?. It was working fine. Troubleshooting steps taken. 1) Changed the IPaddresses on both machines 192.168.10.10 and 192.168.10.20. These machines connected through 8 port... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaykrishna
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

Local Lan, no-ip directed DNS forward, surf within lan

Hi, We have a website running on a local centos 5.4 surfer, static IP. The domain.com uses no-ip.com to take care of the DNS, it forwards all to my server. My router receives the port 80 call, routes it to my server and the world can see domain.com perfectly fine. However, we cannot see... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawstudent
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

question on RJ-45 cable

Hi, Quick question on RJ-45 cable. I ran ethernet cable, this cable is about 200 feet long. I only need 100 feet cable, does the extra length going to hurt in terms of speed or signal? Please advise. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
3 Replies

9. Hardware

Cable for SUN x4200 DC

Hello, I have a spare SUN server X4200 with a DC PSU (oracle part number 300-2186) The PSU is the one in the photo I was looking in the net about what cable i can order but i couldn't find anything that fit there :) Any idea? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
2 Replies
DHCP-HELPER(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    DHCP-HELPER(8)

NAME
dhcp-helper - A DHCP/BOOTP relay agent. SYNOPSIS
dhcp-helper [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
dhcp-helper is a DHCP and BOOTP relay agent. It listens for DHCP and BOOTP broadcasts on directly connected subnets and relays them to DHCP or BOOTP servers elsewhere. It also relays replies from the remote servers back to partially configured hosts. Once hosts are fully config- ured they can communicate directly with their servers and no longer need the services of a relay. OPTIONS
The only required option is at least one DHCP server to relay to. The simplest way to configure dhcp-helper on a router is just to give the interface to the network containing the DHCP server with a -b option. All the other interfaces present on the machine will then accept DHCP requests. On a machine which does not have an interface on the network containing the DHCP server, use a -s option instead. -s <server> Specify a DHCP or BOOTP server to relay to. The server may be given as a machine name or dotted-quad IP address. More than one server may be specified. -b <interface> Relay to a DHCP or BOOTP server using broadcast via <interface>. This eliminates the need to give a server address. <interface> is automatically added to the list of interfaces which will not receive DHCP requests. -i <interface> Specify which local interfaces to listen on for DHCP/BOOTP broadcasts. If no -i flags are given all interfaces are used except those specified by -e flags and those specified by -b flags. -e <interface> Specify which local interfaces to exclude. -p Use alternative ports (1067/1068) for the DHCP client and server. -v Report the software release version and copyright information. -d Debug mode, do not change UID, write a pid-file or go into the background. -r <file> Specify an alternate path for dhcp-helper to record its process-id in. Normally /var/run/dhcp-helper.pid. -u <username> Specify the userid to which dhcp-helper will change after startup. The daemon must normally be started as root, but it will drop root priviledges after startup by changing id to another user. Normally this user is "nobody" but that can be over-ridden with this switch. NOTES
Dhcp-helper requires a 2.2 or later Linux kernel. The "Linux packet filter" and "packet socket" facilities are not required, which is the chief advantage of this software over the ISC DHCP relay daemon. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Simon Kelley <simon@thekelleys.org.uk>. DHCP-HELPER(8)