Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LINUX in NIM
Operating Systems AIX LINUX in NIM Post 302446745 by borek on Thursday 19th of August 2010 01:18:19 PM
Old 08-19-2010
I see 2 options :

1. Using file-backed devices (if you have VIO 1.5+) (sth like wirtual cdrom, you can mount iso and assign it to lpar)
2. NIM + tftpboot + nfs / (see NIM from A to Z in AIX 5L redbook)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

migrate NIM server through NIM installation

I try to migrate a NIM server from one server to another. I try to do a mksysb on NIM server restore the NIM server's mksysb to a client through NIM installation shutdown NIM server start newly installed client as NIM server Does anyone do this before? who can give me some suggestion? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanzhang
1 Replies

2. AIX

Linux install from NIM

Has anyone ever done this and is it easy to do with SLES9/10? All I can find so far is this link http://www-941.ibm.com/collaboration/wiki/display/Wikip5/16Jan07+Using+NIM+to+Install+VIO+and+Linux Can you still use all the feature of autoyast etc? TIA. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: backslash
1 Replies

3. AIX

NIM From Linux Machine - Is it real?

Hello! My name is Daniel, and I have a "hard" question. I have 8 pSeries old servers, that I need to install from scratch every month - The OS version is AIX 5L 5.2 I have mksysb images of this computers (same image to all - same hardware), and I know that I can use NIM for this kind of... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmor
16 Replies

4. AIX

How to backup and restore Linux uisng NIM.

Hi Friends, I've a hard question to ask. I have a NIM server running on AIX 5.3. Now my requirement is that , " From This NIM Server i would like to take the Image of Linux servers ". I mean that using NIM server i should be able to backup / restore the linux Servers. In Simple terms... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdkumarj
3 Replies

5. AIX

Nim

Hello guys, what is a sure-shot single command to find out if the NIM environment is working properly from both master as well as client side? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
2 Replies

6. AIX

Nim

Hello everyone I have two questions. 1.-The NIM and EZNIM are the same. 2.-If I have in one partition NIM installed I need to install EZNIM or I need to unistall NIM and then install EZNIM. Thanks for your comments. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

7. AIX

Back up a client NIM from nim master

Hello everyone Im trying to backup a nim client from nim master but I got this message COMMAND STATUS Command: failed stdout: yes stderr: no Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below. 0042-001 nim:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

8. AIX

NIM : remove nim client info from the client

Hi. I change my client's IP and hostname but I forgot to change anything on the master. How can I redefine or modify my client's resource from my master, or with using smit niminit from my client ? Tks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephnane
2 Replies

9. AIX

Problem in communication nim client with nim master

Hello, I have an AIX6.1 machine which is a nim client to my nim master which is also AIX6.1 machine. I had some problem to perform an installation on my client using smit nim . i removed /etc/niminfo file in order to do the initialization again but when i run the command niminit -a name=client... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
0 Replies

10. AIX

How to know NIM name from NIM client?

Friend's, I was playing around with NIM in my environment & had a quick question in mind which I didn't/couldn't find answer to, which is -- how to find the name of the NIM server sitting on the NIM client? All leads to the answer would be much appreciated, many thanks! -- Souvik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thisissouvik
2 Replies
MOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
mount.nfs, mount.nfs4 - mount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
mount.nfs remotetarget dir [-rvVwfnsh ] [-o options] DESCRIPTION
mount.nfs is a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. mount.nfs is meant to be used by the mount(8) command for mounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. remotetarget is a server share usually in the form of servername:/path/to/share. dir is the directory on which the file system is to be mounted. Under Linux 2.6.32 and later kernel versions, mount.nfs can mount all NFS file system versions. Under earlier Linux kernel versions, mount.nfs4 must be used for mounting NFSv4 file systems while mount.nfs must be used for NFSv3 and v2. OPTIONS
-r Mount file system readonly. -v Be verbose. -V Print version. -w Mount file system read-write. -f Fake mount. Don't actually call the mount system call. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip making an entry. -s Tolerate sloppy mount options rather than fail. -h Print help message. nfsoptions Refer to nfs(5) or mount(8) manual pages. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and mount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), mount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 5 Jun 2006 MOUNT.NFS(8)