Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to retrieve value from xml tags Post 302446478 by rdcwayx on Wednesday 18th of August 2010 09:52:08 PM
Old 08-18-2010
Code:
awk '{gsub(/></,">\n<")}1' 2site.xml|awk -F ">|<" '           # the first awk split each record, you can run it directly to understand it:  awk '{gsub(/></,">\n<")}1' 2site.xml
/<TCRMService>/{printf "\n"}               # each record by each line.
/requestID/||/ResultCode/||/SitePartyId/||/AddressUsageType/||/TransportZoneType/ {printf $3","}                     # take the value that you ask for, if you need more, you can add by yourself.
END{printf "\n"}'|cut -d, -f2-               # remove the first value "SUCCESS"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to retrieve the particular value from a same list of xml tags

Hi All, I have the following code in one of my xml file: <com:parameter> <com:name>secretKey</com:name> <com:value>31XA874821172E89B00B1C</com:value> </com:parameter> <com:parameter> <com:name>tryDisinfect</com:name> <com:value>false</com:value> </com:parameter> <com:parameter>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to retrieve specific parameters using a xml tag

Hi, I have the following code in my xml file: <aaaRule loginIdPattern=".*" orgIdPattern=".*" deny="false" /> <aaaRuleGroup name="dpaas"> <aaaRule loginIdPattern=".*" orgIdPattern=".*" deny="false" /> I want to retrieve orgIdPattern and loginIdPattern parameter value based on... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve the value from XML tag whose end tag is in next line

Hi All, Find the following code: <Universal>D38x82j1JJ </Universal> I want to retrieve the value of <Universal> tag as below: Please help me. (3 Replies)
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add the multiple lines of xml tags before a particular xml tag in a file

Hi All, I'm stuck with adding multiple lines(irrespective of line number) to a file before a particular xml tag. Please help me. <A>testing_Location</A> <value>LA</value> <zone>US</zone> <B>Region</B> <value>Russia</value> <zone>Washington</zone> <C>Country</C>... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Command to compare two xml lines while ignoring xml tags

I've got two different files and want to compare them. File 1 : HTML Code: <response ticketId="944" type="getQueryResults"><status>COMPLETE</status><description>Query results fetched successfully</description><recordSet totalCount="1" type="sms_records"><record... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two xml files while ignoring some xml tags

I've got two different files and want to compare them. File 1 : <response ticketId="944" type="getQueryResults"><status>COMPLETE</status><description>Query results fetched successfully</description><recordSet totalCount="1" type="sms_records"><record id="38,557"><columns><column><name>orge... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add Xml tags to an existing xml using shell or awk?

Hi , I have a below xml: <ns:Body> <ns:result> <Date Month="June" Day="Monday:/> </ns:result> </ns:Body> i have a lookup abc.txtt text file with below details Month June July August Day Monday Tuesday Wednesday I need a output xml with below tags <ns:Body> <ns:result>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nevergivup
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: InstallMedia.

Most of my commands are returning this error on RHEL 6 64 bit: Also I tried installing many sofwtares, but it fails to correctly work. For example I treid installing dos2unix: # rpm -ivh dos2unix-5.3.3-5.ram0.98.src.rpm 1:dos2unix warning: user mockbuild does not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: India_2014
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve values from XML file and update them in the same position! PLEASE HELP?

Good Day All Im quiet new to ksh scripting and need a bit of your help. I am attempting to write a script that reads in an XML and extracts certain field values from an XML file. The values are all alphanumeric and consist of two components: e.g "Test 1". I need to to create a script that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JulioAmerica
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pull multiple XML tags from the same XML file in Shell.?

I'm searching for the names of a TV show in the XML file I've attached at the end of this post. What I'm trying to do now is pull out/list the data from each of the <SeriesName> tags throughout the document. Currently, I'm only able to get data the first instance of that XML field using the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hungryd
9 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWgawk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for gawk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)