Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting difference in unix vs. linux sort Post 302446447 by aj.schaeffer on Wednesday 18th of August 2010 05:48:22 PM
Old 08-18-2010
I created the file file.txt within linux in gedit, manually putting in two spaces. I then ran the sort on it, with the same incorrect output.

I then scp'd the file to a sun computer, ran sort, and the output was sorted in the same order as yours.

Then I scp'd the file back to a new file on the linux computer, and ran sort again, but got the same output as the original sort I had carried out on linux (Ubuntu 9.10 x86_64). What *nix are you running?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference between unix and linux?

Ok, I'm confused. Can someone answer these (stupid) questions please for me? 1. What is the difference between unix and linux? 2. Is FreeBSD a unix distribution? 3. If not, then what is Unix? I actually gone to Unix.com because I thought this is it's official website where I could download... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RellioN
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between UNIX and Linux

OK, I've used various versions of UNIX(Solaris, HPUX, etc..) over the years. Now the organization I work for is leaning towards more Linux based systems(Redhat, Suse, etc..) I do see differences in in comands and how to accomplish basic adminstration, but nothing mind blowing. So, what is it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbonilla
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What is the difference between Unix & linux

:confused: Hi All Can anyone help me in finding the answer of the question mentioned below. What is the difference between Unix & linux ? Thanks in Advance to all CSaha (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaha
1 Replies

4. AIX

difference between AIx and Linux and Unix

Sir , Can any body explain the difference between linux , Unix and AIx on command Reference all the command on AIx and unix is same or not please reply (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arif185
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference between unix and linux

Hi I am new to linux I have dout waht is the difference between UNIX and LINUX Is there any soft for insatallation for UNIX OS Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjaya
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between UNIX and Linux

hi experts please tell me the real difference between unix and linux at kernel structure (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linurag
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX compare, sort lines and append difference

Hi, I have a file that needs to be converted: content is: a, b, 4 a ,b, 5 x, y, 1 a, b, 1 x, y, 3 how can i get: a, b, 1|4|5 x,y 1|3 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nike27
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To make it easier, i gave following example. It is not homework or classwork. Instead, i have a huge csv file dump from tsql with 15 columns and around 300 rows. I was able to extract content that needs to be really converted. Here is the extract: ES FP,B1ES FP,70000,I,SL22,SL22 (70000) ES... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To make it easier, i gave following example. It is not homework or classwork. Instead, i have a huge csv file dump from tsql with 15 columns and around 300 rows. I was able to extract content that needs to be really converted. Here is the extract: ES FP,B1ES FP,70000,I,SL22,SL22 (70000) ES... (8 Replies)
8 Replies
oggz-sort(1)						      General Commands Manual						      oggz-sort(1)

NAME
oggz-sort -- Sort the pages of an Ogg file in order of presentation time. SYNOPSIS
oggz-sort [-o filename | --output filename ] filename oggz-sort [-h | --help ] [-v | --version ] Description oggz-sort sorts an Ogg file, interleaving pages in order of presentation time. It correctly interprets the granulepos timestamps of Ogg CELT, CMML, Dirac, FLAC, Kate, PCM, Speex, Theora and Vorbis bitstreams. Run oggz-known-codecs(1) for a full list of codecs known by the installed version of oggz. Some encoders produce files with incorrect page ordering; for example, some audio and video pages may occur out of order. Although these files are usually playable, it can be difficult to accurately seek or scrub on them, increasing the likelihood of glitches during playback. Players may also need to use more memory in order to buffer the audio and video data for synchronized playback, which can be a problem when the files are viewed on low-memory devices. Some older Ogg encoders also produce pages which incorrectly have granulepos timestamps recorded that shouldn't be: pages which have no completed packets must have a granulepos of -1. oggz-sort will correct such granulepos during the process of sorting. The tool oggz-validate can be used to check the relative ordering of packets in a file, and also to detect incorrect granulepos on pages with no completed packets. If either of these errors are reported, or use oggz-sort to fix the problem. Options oggz-sort accepts the following options: Miscellaneous options -o filename, --output filename Write output to the specified filename instead of printing it to standard output. -h, --help Display usage information and exit. -v, --version Output version information and exit. EXAMPLES
Correct the page ordering in broken.ogv: oggz sort -o fixed.ogv broken.ogv AUTHOR
Conrad Parker January 25, 2008; COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 Annodex Association SEE ALSO
oggz-validate(1), oggz-merge(1), oggz-dump(1), oggz-diff(1), hogg(1) oggz-sort(1)