Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming select value from 'value' column if the Value2 is having a particular value. Post 302446406 by Corona688 on Wednesday 18th of August 2010 02:44:21 PM
Old 08-18-2010
What is the pattern or rule that decides god belongs in the same row as hulk?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select Record based on First Column

Hi, I have a file with multiple records...and I have to select records based on first column....here is the sample file... I01,abc,125,1a2,LBVI02 I01,abc,126,2b5,LBVI02 I02,20070530,254,abc,LLBI01 I02,20070820,111,bvd,NGBI01 I need all records with I01 in first field in one file and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

select a column

I've a file like this: andrea andre@lol.com october antonio@lol.com marco 45247@pop.com kk@pop.com may pollo@lol.com mary mary@lol.com can I select only the column with email adress? can I utilise a filter with @ ? I want obtain this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfreale
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

select first column of file

Hi, Following is my file output 247 Sleep 25439 NULL 259 Sleep 25460 NULL 277 Sleep 15274 NULL 361 Sleep 2 NULL 362 Sleep 202 NULL I want to select only first column to other file How can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to select and edit on a particular column?

How can I use awk to pick a particular column and work on it? For example, I want to count the number of characters in column10 that are separated by |? Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivpz
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL select all but not if it is already in an other column

I know I know.. for sure one of the easier mysql statements. But somehow I can not figure out this. I expect to see all distinct items of 'data_12' where 'kwroot' has 'straxx' in, and in the same row 'data_12' ist (not = 'kwsearched' in any existing row) data_12 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to select according to the second column..!!

the input is : 6298 | anna | chennai | 7/4/08 3981 | dastan | bagh | 8/2/07 6187 | galma | london | 9/5/01 3728 | gonna | kol | 8/2/10 3987 | hogja | mumbai | 8/5/09 2898 | homy | pune | 7/4/09 9167 | tamina | ny | 8/3/10 4617 | vazir | ny now how to get the following output : 3987 |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityamitra
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

select last column

Hi! From a file the format of whichis as in the sample here below, I need to get two files having just 2 columns, being - for the first file - the 2nd than the 1st from the original file; and - for the second file - the LAST then the 1st column of the original file. Moreover, I would sort the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjomba
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To select only column starting with a particular value

Hi all, Am using awk to reformat an existing file cat $INP_FILE1 | while read line do echo "$line" | nawk ' BEGIN {FS=","} {print("5",$1,$28,"$27",$26)}' >> $OUT_FILE1 done my question is, i would like to read lines that are starting with particular value only example ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvankj
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select record having different value in second column

I want records which have more than one and different value in the second column on the below sample file. Ex, I have the samle file below :- XYZ 1 XYZ 3 abc 1 abc 1 qwe 2 qwe 1 qwe 3 I want to select XYZ and QWE line only. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev Yadav
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SELECT and wrapping to next column

Hi all, Am trying to write a menu driven script using SELECT and if I have more than 4 options, it wraps to the next column. That is if I have 6 choices, items 5 and 6 are in the second column. Is there any settings that control this behavior or is it due to some stty settings? stty -a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies
envelopes(5)							File Formats Manual						      envelopes(5)

NAME
envelopes - sender/recipient lists attached to messages INTRODUCTION
Electronic mail messages are delivered in envelopes. An envelope lists a sender and one or more recipients. Usually these envelope addresses are the same as the addresses listed in the mes- sage header: (envelope) from djb to root From: djb To: root In more complicated situations, though, the envelope addresses may differ from the header addresses. ENVELOPE EXAMPLES
When a message is delivered to several people at different locations, it is first photocopied and placed into several envelopes: (envelope) from djb to root From: djb Copy #1 of message To: root, god@brl.mil (envelope) from djb to god@brl.mil From: djb Copy #2 of message To: root, god@brl.mil When a message is delivered to several people at the same location, the sender doesn't have to photocopy it. He can instead stuff it into one envelope with several addresses; the recipients will make the photocopy: (envelope) from djb to god@brl.mil, angel@brl.mil From: djb To: god@brl.mil, angel@brl.mil, joe, frde Bounced mail is sent back to the envelope sender address. The bounced mail doesn't list an envelope sender, so bounce loops are impossi- ble: (envelope) from <> to djb From: MAILER-DAEMON To: djb Subject: unknown user frde The recipient of a message may make another copy and forward it in a new envelope: (envelope) from djb to joe From: djb Original message To: joe (envelope) from joe to fred From: djb Forwarded message To: joe A mailing list works almost the same way: (envelope) from djb to sos-list From: djb Original message To: sos-list (envelope) from sos-owner to god@brl.mil From: djb Forwarded message To: sos-list to recipient #1 (envelope) from sos-owner to frde From: djb Forwarded message To: sos-list to recipient #2 Notice that the mailing list is set up to replace the envelope sender with something new, sos-owner. So bounces will come back to sos- owner: (envelope) from <> to sos-owner From: MAILER-DAEMON To: sos-owner Subject: unknown user frde It's a good idea to set up an extra address, sos-owner, like this: the original envelope sender (djb) has no way to fix bad sos-list addresses, and of course bounces must not be sent to sos-list itself. HOW ENVELOPE ADDRESSES ARE STORED
Envelope sender and envelope recipient addresses are transmitted and recorded in several ways. When a user injects mail through qmail-inject, he can supply a Return-Path line or a -f option for the envelope sender; by default the envelope sender is his login name. The envelope recipient addresses can be taken from the command line or from various header fields, depending on the options to qmail-inject. Similar comments apply to sendmail. When a message is transferred from one machine to another through SMTP, the envelope sender is given in a MAIL FROM command, the envelope recipients are given in RCPT TO commands, and the message is supplied separately by a DATA command. When a message is delivered by qmail to a single local recipient, qmail-local records the recipient in Delivered-To and the envelope sender in Return-Path. It uses Delivered-To to detect mail forwarding loops. sendmail normally records the envelope sender in Return-Path. It does not record envelope recipient addresses, on the theory that they are redundant: you received the mail, so you must have been one of the envelope recipients. Note that, if the header doesn't have any recipient addresses, sendmail will move envelope recipient addresses back into the header. This situation occurs if all addresses were originally listed as Bcc, since Bcc is automatically removed. When sendmail sees this, it creates a new Apparently-To header field with the envelope recipient addresses. This has the strange effect that each blind-carbon-copy recipient will see a list of all recipients on the same machine. When a message is stored in mbox format, the envelope sender is recorded at the top of the message as a UUCP-style From (no colon) line. Note that this line is less reliable than the Return-Path line added by qmail-local or sendmail. SEE ALSO
qmail-header(5), qmail-local(8), qmail-inject(8) envelopes(5)