Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Integrating bash with sql.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Integrating bash with sql. Post 302446284 by kailash19 on Wednesday 18th of August 2010 07:33:26 AM
Old 08-18-2010
This can be done by capturing the output of ps command and then storing it in a database table.
I use Perl DBI to store the results and then compute the desired output from it.

I use UNIX95 variable as certain options dont work with ps like -o.

If you need any help on using this , pls post it.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

about wave file integrating.

Now I have two wave file(*.wav) at Tru64 Unix machine. I want to make a new wave file including the two wave file. how I should finish this programmer. If you know, can you give me the format of the wave file(*.wav) and Sun au file(*.au). Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: livic
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to MS SQL database from bash (using unixODBC)

I've installed unixODBC and I would like to connect to a MS SQL (2005) database from a bash script. Can you post a code example? Thank you! :D J. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ph0enix
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bash script & sql query

Hi Guys, I would like with this script "DATA=`ora123 su -c 'echo "SET HEADING OFF;\n SET FEED OFF;\n select USER NAME, ACCOUNT_STATUS from dba_users;\n exit" | sqlplus / as sysdba -s /' ` echo $DATA >> $DAT" make a sql query, but the statement "select USER NAME, ACCOUNT_STATUS from... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ixibits
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Integrating bash script into php (page)

I have written a bash script...now i need to call the script from php page. Can you give me an example to demonstrate how it is done?:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xerox
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert sql output to csv file via bash tools

hi Can anybody help me with converting such structure into csv file for windows : BAT_ID ID_num CVS_LINE A_SEG SKILL_TO A_CUSTOMER_TYPE --------- ---------- --------------------------------- ---------- ------------------ ----------- 14-MAY-11 777752 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvok
4 Replies

6. Programming

Integrating Jconsole with Eclipse

Hi Guys, I was hoping someone has integrated Eclipse with jconsole to monitor their applications. I have not seen this in action . Any help is much appreciated http://images.devshed.com/fds/smilies/smile.gif Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with integrating shell script with sendmail

Hi friends, I want to converting a task ,of making few words in my task mail bold and underlined sometimes, automated through sendmail. I have never used sendmail/mailx before. What i want is my ouput which looks like below: +++++++++++++++ DETAILS: sqlid:6mbiosdfsdff parsing_schema_name:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kunwar
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing string from SQL to a BASH script

OS Solaris 10, DB oracle 10g Hello, We currently have a BASH script that runs and moves image files from a remote server to the local db server. A snippet of the code shows that we are picking up all Images that are 'mtime -1' some code... for file in `ssh user@10.200.200.10 'find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JonP
3 Replies

9. Programming

Integrating bash shell

Hi folks... I am working on a project where I need to have online bash bash shell integrated in my web page. I am not clear of how to do it. can any one suggest?? The UI needs to be developed in c#. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: keerthi koneru
11 Replies
DB2_NUM_FIELDS(3)							 1							 DB2_NUM_FIELDS(3)

db2_num_fields - Returns the number of fields contained in a result set

SYNOPSIS
int db2_num_fields (resource $stmt) DESCRIPTION
Returns the number of fields contained in a result set. This is most useful for handling the result sets returned by dynamically generated queries, or for result sets returned by stored procedures, where your application cannot otherwise know how to retrieve and use the results. PARAMETERS
o $stmt - A valid statement resource containing a result set. RETURN VALUES
Returns an integer value representing the number of fields in the result set associated with the specified statement resource. Returns FALSE if the statement resource is not a valid input value. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Retrieving the number of fields in a result set The following example demonstrates how to retrieve the number of fields returned in a result set. <?php $sql = "SELECT id, name, breed, weight FROM animals ORDER BY breed"; $stmt = db2_prepare($conn, $sql); db2_execute($stmt, $sql); $columns = db2_num_fields($stmt); echo "There are {$columns} columns in the result set."; ?> The above example will output: There are 4 columns in the result set. SEE ALSO
db2_execute(3), db2_field_display_size(3), db2_field_name(3), db2_field_num(3), db2_field_precision(3), db2_field_scale(3), db2_field_type(3), db2_field_width(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_NUM_FIELDS(3)