Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Integrating bash with sql.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Integrating bash with sql. Post 302446284 by kailash19 on Wednesday 18th of August 2010 07:33:26 AM
Old 08-18-2010
This can be done by capturing the output of ps command and then storing it in a database table.
I use Perl DBI to store the results and then compute the desired output from it.

I use UNIX95 variable as certain options dont work with ps like -o.

If you need any help on using this , pls post it.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

about wave file integrating.

Now I have two wave file(*.wav) at Tru64 Unix machine. I want to make a new wave file including the two wave file. how I should finish this programmer. If you know, can you give me the format of the wave file(*.wav) and Sun au file(*.au). Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: livic
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to MS SQL database from bash (using unixODBC)

I've installed unixODBC and I would like to connect to a MS SQL (2005) database from a bash script. Can you post a code example? Thank you! :D J. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ph0enix
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bash script & sql query

Hi Guys, I would like with this script "DATA=`ora123 su -c 'echo "SET HEADING OFF;\n SET FEED OFF;\n select USER NAME, ACCOUNT_STATUS from dba_users;\n exit" | sqlplus / as sysdba -s /' ` echo $DATA >> $DAT" make a sql query, but the statement "select USER NAME, ACCOUNT_STATUS from... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ixibits
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Integrating bash script into php (page)

I have written a bash script...now i need to call the script from php page. Can you give me an example to demonstrate how it is done?:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xerox
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert sql output to csv file via bash tools

hi Can anybody help me with converting such structure into csv file for windows : BAT_ID ID_num CVS_LINE A_SEG SKILL_TO A_CUSTOMER_TYPE --------- ---------- --------------------------------- ---------- ------------------ ----------- 14-MAY-11 777752 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvok
4 Replies

6. Programming

Integrating Jconsole with Eclipse

Hi Guys, I was hoping someone has integrated Eclipse with jconsole to monitor their applications. I have not seen this in action . Any help is much appreciated http://images.devshed.com/fds/smilies/smile.gif Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with integrating shell script with sendmail

Hi friends, I want to converting a task ,of making few words in my task mail bold and underlined sometimes, automated through sendmail. I have never used sendmail/mailx before. What i want is my ouput which looks like below: +++++++++++++++ DETAILS: sqlid:6mbiosdfsdff parsing_schema_name:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kunwar
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing string from SQL to a BASH script

OS Solaris 10, DB oracle 10g Hello, We currently have a BASH script that runs and moves image files from a remote server to the local db server. A snippet of the code shows that we are picking up all Images that are 'mtime -1' some code... for file in `ssh user@10.200.200.10 'find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JonP
3 Replies

9. Programming

Integrating bash shell

Hi folks... I am working on a project where I need to have online bash bash shell integrated in my web page. I am not clear of how to do it. can any one suggest?? The UI needs to be developed in c#. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: keerthi koneru
11 Replies
Catalyst::Model::DBI(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Catalyst::Model::DBI(3pm)

NAME
Catalyst::Model::DBI - DBI Model Class SYNOPSIS
# use the helper create model DBI DBI dsn username password # lib/MyApp/Model/DBI.pm package MyApp::Model::DBI; use base 'Catalyst::Model::DBI'; __PACKAGE__->config( dsn => 'dbi:Pg:dbname=myapp', password => '', username => 'postgres', options => { AutoCommit => 1 }, ); 1; my $dbh = $c->model('DBI')->dbh; #do something with $dbh ... DESCRIPTION
This is the "DBI" model class. METHODS
new Initializes DBI connection $self->dbh Returns the current database handle. $self->stay_connected Returns a connected database handle. $self->connected Returns true if the database handle is active and pingable. $self->connect Connects to the database and returns the handle. $self->disconnect Executes rollback if AutoCommit is active, disconnects and unsets the database handle. SEE ALSO
Catalyst, DBI AUTHOR
Alex Pavlovic, "alex.pavlovic@taskforce-1.com" COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005 - 2009 the Catalyst::Model::DBI "AUTHOR" as listed above. LICENSE
This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2010-01-28 Catalyst::Model::DBI(3pm)