Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users problem in Unix Env. in Shell script Post 302446267 by girija on Wednesday 18th of August 2010 06:38:35 AM
Old 08-18-2010
Didn't get u

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem in incrementin a variable in UNIX shell script

I have a simple query If we have BATCH= 081675 and incremnting it by one as BATCH=`expr ${BATCH} + 000001`; We can't get BATCH = 081676 but gets BATCH = 81676 Can anyone tell why i am getting this value and not the rquired one and how i could get the required one? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: communicator
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run cmds after changing to a new env (shell) in a shell script

Hi, I am using HP-UNIX. I have a requirement as below I have to change env twice like: cadenv <env> cadenv <env> ccm start -d /dbpath ccm tar -xvf *.tar ccm rcv .... mv *.tar BACKUP but after I do the first cadenv <env> , I am unable to execute any of the later commands . ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlei
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Source Env file in the Shell Script

Hi I am having a script which sets the application environment. In this script i am sourcing the applications env file, when i am debugging the script i see its executing all the environment values and all the variable values are set properply. Once this main shell script executes, then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: umakanthly
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to reuse a shell script to change env from perl

Hi: I am trying to reuse an existing shell script foo1.csh to set environment variables inside a perl script and its childern processes. Is it possible at all to make those environment variables persistent in the main perl process and its children processes? Do I have to create a new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil518
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set/Export Env Vars from with Shell Script With Input Variable

I have a shell script I want to run that will set environment variables based on the value of an input variable submitted when the shell script is called. For example: $ mgenv.sh prod This would set environment variables for prod $ mgenv.sh test This would set environment variables... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brtaylor73
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with a Unix script Env setting

Hi, I have the below script #------------------------------------------------------------------------------ #Set up environment variables #------------------------------------------------------------------------------ SCRIPTS_DIR=/remedy/scripts/ServerVolumeBilling... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilvaranasi_02
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh env setting using shell script

Hi All, I have made a file file usercreate.sh & it has to run in tcsh env & needs some path to be set. my script is as below. ########################## #!/bin/csh setenv PATH "/usr/lib/java/class" setenv LD_LIBRARAY_PATH ########################### but when i am ruuning my script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to set/get shell env variable in python script

greetings, i have a sh script that calls a python script. the sh script sets an env variable BIN: export BIN=bin64i need to get that BIN variable's value and use it within this python script. anyone know how to do this? thanx in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - ENV Variable context problem using su

Hello I have found some piece of code to verify and then run shell script with root permission from normal user. see : http://blog.mecworks.com/articles/2006/02/23/bash-scripting-tip-running-a-script-as-root I have wrote two scripts using this tips. - one to copy file from server to local... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for Setting Env Variables

Hello All. Good Afternoon. I need one small help regarding setting of env variables for a particular host by getting it from the DB. For ex : 1. I am using LOCALHOST. 2. When I run a ./hostset.sh it should pick up the Oracle home details from associated DB and set it. Please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PavanPatil
1 Replies
fblocked(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands						       fblocked(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
fblocked - Test whether the last input operation exhausted all available input SYNOPSIS
fblocked channelId _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The fblocked command returns 1 if the most recent input operation on channelId returned less information than requested because all avail- able input was exhausted. For example, if gets is invoked when there are only three characters available for input and no end-of-line sequence, gets returns an empty string and a subsequent call to fblocked will return 1. ChannelId must be an identifier for an open channel such as a Tcl standard channel (stdin, stdout, or stderr), the return value from an invocation of open or socket, or the result of a channel creation command provided by a Tcl extension. EXAMPLE
The fblocked command is particularly useful when writing network servers, as it allows you to write your code in a line-by-line style with- out preventing the servicing of other connections. This can be seen in this simple echo-service: # This is called whenever a new client connects to the server proc connect {chan host port} { set clientName [format <%s:%d> $host $port] puts "connection from $clientName" fconfigure $chan -blocking 0 -buffering line fileevent $chan readable [list echoLine $chan $clientName] } # This is called whenever either at least one byte of input # data is available, or the channel was closed by the client. proc echoLine {chan clientName} { gets $chan line if {[eof $chan]} { puts "finishing connection from $clientName" close $chan } elseif {![fblocked $chan]} { # Didn't block waiting for end-of-line puts "$clientName - $line" puts $chan $line } } # Create the server socket and enter the event-loop to wait # for incoming connections... socket -server connect 12345 vwait forever SEE ALSO
gets(n), open(n), read(n), socket(n), Tcl_StandardChannels(3) KEYWORDS
blocking, nonblocking Tcl 7.5 fblocked(n)