Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Copy entire contents of file to clipboard Post 302446107 by JCA70 on Tuesday 17th of August 2010 08:18:41 PM
Old 08-17-2010
Thanks for the info guys. To be more specific, I'm trying to copy the contents of a text file into a UNIX terminal command on Mac OSX. Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic Copy of File Contents to Clipboard

Could someone show me how to copy the contents of a file to the clipboard automatically without manually selecting its contents? I just want to press the "Paste Key" to show the results. I wish to use this in a ksh script. I'm using Solaris. Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilak1008
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy text from a file from VI editor to Windows clipboard

Copy text from a file from VI editor to Windows clipboard, I mean copy entire file in vi editor to notepad. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove spaces from first field, and write entire contents into other text file

Hi all, I have searched and found various threads about removing spaces from a field within a text file. Unfortunately, I have not found exactly what I'm looking for, nor am I adept enough to modify what I've found into what I need. I use the following command to remove the first line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: carriehoff
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing the entire file contents using unix shell script.

I need to remove the entire file contents in file using the shell script. Actually the grap -v command will create one more file and it occupy the space also. I need to remove the entire file contents without creating new file using the shell scripting. Please help me. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy entire file content into another file being in last line mode of vi ?

How to copy entire file content into another file being in last line mode of vi ? ---------- Post updated at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:56 AM ---------- Got it : :1,30w file.txt (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: presul
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to manipulate contents of clipboard

Hi there, I'm a total newbie and would like some help. I'd like to have a script to - load the contents of the clipboard into a variable - manipulate the variable by adding the characters /* to the beginning of every line and */ to the end of every line - load the variable back into the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: js8765
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subsituting contents of entire file to middle of another file using awk

Hi I have a data file 'File2' consisting of 105670 lines. I want to copy and paste 17928 lines from 'File1' to 'File2' but I want to place it in between lines 21 and 17950 of 'File2'. How do I do it in awk? For example- File A has 5 lines X Y 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 and File B has A b... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ananyob
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subsituting contents of entire file to middle of another file using awk

Hi I have a data file 'File2' consisting of 105670 lines. I want to copy and paste 17928 lines from 'File1' to 'File2' but I want to place it in between lines 21 and 17950 of 'File2'. How do I do it in awk? For example- File A has 5 lines X Y 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 and File B has A b... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ananyob
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I copy from windows clipboard into VI session?

trying to add my Google analytics code to every page on my site. I want to paste in into every file. I have it in Notepad++. If I open a file in VI, using Putty to connect is it easy to just paste into the VI session? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: waynehazle
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 : command to copy text to the clipboard.

I'm searching a command to copy text to the clipboard. xclip and xsel are commands which are available on several kind Linux and Unix OS, but is unfortenuately not available on solaris 10. REF : xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/nix/x/general/xwin12-Xclipboard/single/ clipboard of openSolaris is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: droopy4u
9 Replies
CU(1C)																	    CU(1C)

NAME
cu - call UNIX SYNOPSIS
cu telno [ -t ] [ -s speed ] [ -a acu ] [ -l line ] DESCRIPTION
Cu calls up another UNIX system, a terminal, or possibly a non-UNIX system. It manages an interactive conversation with possible transfers of text files. Telno is the telephone number, with minus signs at appropriate places for delays. The -t flag is used to dial out to a terminal. Speed gives the transmission speed (110, 134, 150, 300, 1200); 300 is the default value. The -a and -l values may be used to specify pathnames for the ACU and communications line devices. They can be used to override the fol- lowing built-in choices: -a /dev/cua0 -l /dev/cul0 After making the connection, cu runs as two processes: the send process reads the standard input and passes most of it to the remote sys- tem; the receive process reads from the remote system and passes most data to the standard output. Lines beginning with `~' have special meanings. The send process interprets the following: ~. terminate the conversation. ~EOT terminate the conversation ~<file send the contents of file to the remote system, as though typed at the terminal. ~! invoke an interactive shell on the local system. ~!cmd ... run the command on the local system (via sh -c). ~$cmd ... run the command locally and send its output to the remote system. ~%take from [to] copy file `from' (on the remote system) to file `to' on the local system. If `to' is omitted, the `from' name is used both places. ~%put from [to] copy file `from' (on local system) to file `to' on remote system. If `to' is omitted, the `from' name is used both places. ~~... send the line `~...'. The receive process handles output diversions of the following form: ~>[>][:]file zero or more lines to be written to file ~> In any case, output is diverted (or appended, if `>>' used) to the file. If `:' is used, the diversion is silent, i.e., it is written only to the file. If `:' is omitted, output is written both to the file and to the standard output. The trailing `~>' terminates the diver- sion. The use of ~%put requires stty and cat on the remote side. It also requires that the current erase and kill characters on the remote sys- tem be identical to the current ones on the local system. Backslashes are inserted at appropriate places. The use of ~%take requires the existence of echo and tee on the remote system. Also, stty tabs mode is required on the remote system if tabs are to be copied without expansion. FILES
/dev/cua0 /dev/cul0 /dev/null SEE ALSO
dn(4), tty(4) DIAGNOSTICS
Exit code is zero for normal exit, nonzero (various values) otherwise. BUGS
The syntax is unique. CU(1C)