Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Count todays created files and old files Post 302446027 by kevintse on Tuesday 17th of August 2010 11:51:13 AM
Old 08-17-2010
Ensure
Code:
ssh user@server "ls --full-time /modify/this/to/your/directory/"

returns something.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script help to eliminate files of todays date

Hi I am very new to shell scripting and have written a script (below). However the directory I am searching will contain a file with a .trn extension each day which I want to eliminate. Each day the file extension overnight will change to trx, if this fails I want to know. Basically what I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: richM
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files having todays date and hostname in its name.

Hello, I am quite new to unix/shell and want to write a script using bash which will process the files. Basically i want to search files having name as "date+hostname+somestring.out" i am using below variables and then will use them in find command :- TODAY_DATE=$('date +%d')... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apm
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need to zip all the files excluding todays file

HI All, At present in my server the log folder was filled up and causing memory issue. So I am planning to write a script in such a way that the files which are older than 30 days will be deleted and also need to find the files which were not compressed and need to compress this file.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arumilli
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count for only todays files.

Hi, I unable to find the direct command get the total count for the below files with today date. ls -lrt c90.txt n5.txt t1.txt k3.txt h9.txt s1.txt n2.txt a123.txt -rw-rw-r-- kkk klkl 980 Apr 26 19:00 c90.txt -rw-rw-r-- kkk klkl 80 Apr 26 19:00 n5.txt -rw-rw-r-- kkk klkl 12890 Apr 26... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing the file name and no of records in each files for the files created on a specific day

Hi, I want to display the file names and the record count for the files in the 2nd column for the files created today. i have written the below command which is listing the file names. but while piping the above command to the wc -l command its not working for me. ls -l... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Showdown
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the count of files by last created date based on the given date range

My unix version is IBM AIX Version 6.1 I tried google my requirement and found the below answer, find . -newermt “2012-06-15 08:13" ! -newermt “2012-06-15 18:20" But newer command is not working in AIX version 6.1 unix I have given my requirement below: Input: atr files: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yuvaa27
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error files count while coping files from source to destination locaton as well count success full

hi All, Any one answer my requirement. I have source location src_dir="/home/oracle/arun/IRMS-CM" My Target location dest_dir="/home/oracle/arun/LiveLink/IRMS-CM/$dc/$pc/$ct" my source text files check with below example.text file content $fn "\t" $dc "\t" $pc "\t" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to keep todays files based on Timestamp

Hi i need to keep todays files based on timestamp and archive the remaining files ex: Managerial_Country_PRD_20150907.csv Managerial_Country_PRD_20150906.csv Managerial_Country_PRD_20150905.csv (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram1228
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to keep todays files based on Timestamp

Hi i need to keep todays files based on timestamp and archive the remaining files ex: Managerial_Country_PRD_20150907.csv Managerial_Country_PRD_20150907.csv Managerial_Country_PRD_20150906.csv Managerial_Country_PRD_20150905.csv (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram1228
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find todays files

I am trying to find todays files only in the "root directories like /etc, /opt etc. I do not want to search in my home directory or any of its subdirectories. That's hard because a directory listing does not show the year? -rw------- 1 andy andy 22487 Oct 12 13:40 .xsession-errors ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
8 Replies
vino-preferences(1)						   User Commands					       vino-preferences(1)

NAME
vino-preferences - remote desktop configuration SYNOPSIS
vino-preferences [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
vino-preferences is the configuration dialog for remote desktop server. vino-preferences provides a GUI to configure options of remote desktop server, include view-only mode and control mode for desktop sharing. And it also be used to configure the security mode and specify user password. There are some check boxes in vino preferences dialog. the four check boxes are divided into 2 groups: Sharing and Security. The Sharing group controls if the server allow other users to view your desktop and if the server allow other users to control your desktop. The Secu- rity group control what kind of security method the server will take when there is a remote request. Vino server can be configured to ask user confirm every time there is a connection request, and the server also can be configured to require users to provide password for the remote access. A password editbox is provided to input server password. This password will be saved in gnome keyring. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more information. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Start the vino preferences dialog from command line example% vino-preferences FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/vino-preferences The executable file for the vino preferences application. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-remote-desktop | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
vino-passwd(1), vino-server(1), attributes(5), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Steven Zhang, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006, 2007. Updated by Halton Huo, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 15 Aug 2008 vino-preferences(1)