Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to sort columns in excel(csv) file Post 302445920 by Man83Nagesh on Tuesday 17th of August 2010 07:16:36 AM
Old 08-17-2010
Hi durden_tyler,

Thanks Very Much but i have to use unix script for this ....could help me

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

text file to excel or csv

Hi, I have a text file like ---------------------- aaa|bbb|ccc|ddd|eee fff|gggg|hhhhhh|kkkk -------------------- I have a script which will transfer(thourgh FTP) this text file to windows system. But I want to covert it into excel or CSF then upload into windows system.. thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthus2002
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to sort an Excel file

Hello! I need to sort a file that is partly in English partly in Bulgarian. The original file is an Excel file but I converted it to a tab-delimited text file. The encoding of the tab delimited file is UTF-8. To sort the text, the script should test every line of the text file to see if... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: degoor
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Excel File to CSV

Hi All, I have to convert the excel file which will be placed in the Unix box to a CSV file using a shell script. Please Advise. Thanks & Regards, Kumar66 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumar66
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

csv file to excel issue

Hi, I am trying to attach and email a csv file in the form of an excel sheet. And I have been successful in doing this. But after some days I realised that some fields in the csv file are also having commas because of which this field is getting splitted in columns in the excel sheet. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish1428
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort Excel File

Hi, I am new to scripting. I have a requirement 1.convert excel 2007 format to excel 2003 fromat 2.sort the excel file -( all columns in descending order). This needs to be done progarmmatically. Please let me know what would be the possible steps that I would need to take inorder to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eva13
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help in Deleting columns and Renaming Mutliple columns in a .Csv File

Hi All, i have a .Csv file in the below format startTime, endTime, delta, gName, rName, rNumber, m2239max, m2239min, m2239avg, m100016509avg, m100019240max, metric3min, m100019240avg, propValues 11-Mar-2012 00:00:00, 11-Mar-2012 00:05:00, 300.0, vma3550a, a-1_CPU Index<1>, 200237463, 0.0,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahi_mayu069
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting all the fields(columns) from a .csv file if all rows in that columns are blanks

Hi Friends, I have come across some files where some of the columns don not have data. Key, Data1,Data2,Data3,Data4,Data5 A,5,6,,10,, A,3,4,,3,, B,1,,4,5,, B,2,,3,4,, If we see the above data on Data5 column do not have any row got filled. So remove only that column(Here Data5) and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match columns from two csv files and update field in one of the csv file

Hi, I have a file of csv data, which looks like this: file1: 1AA,LGV_PONCEY_LES_ATHEE,1,\N,1,00020460E1,0,\N,\N,\N,\N,2,00.22335321,0.00466628 2BB,LES_POUGES_ASF,\N,200,200,00006298G1,0,\N,\N,\N,\N,1,00.30887539,0.00050312... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: djoseph
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to sort a column in excel/csv file?

I have to sort the 4th column of an excel/csv file. I tried the following command sort -u --field-separator=, --numeric-sort -k 2 -n dinesh.csv > test.csv But, it's not working. Moreover, I have to do the same for more than 30 excel/csv file. So please help me to do the same. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
6 Replies
Test::Script(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Test::Script(3)

NAME
Test::Script - Basic cross-platform tests for scripts DESCRIPTION
The intent of this module is to provide a series of basic tests for 80% of the testing you will need to do for scripts in the script (or bin as is also commonly used) paths of your Perl distribution. Further, it aims to provide this functionality with perfect platform-compatibility, and in a way that is as unobtrusive as possible. That is, if the program works on a platform, then Test::Script should always work on that platform as well. Anything less than 100% is considered unacceptable. In doing so, it is hoped that Test::Script can become a module that you can safely make a dependency of all your modules, without risking that your module won't on some platform because of the dependency. Where a clash exists between wanting more functionality and maintaining platform safety, this module will err on the side of platform safety. FUNCTIONS
script_compiles script_compiles( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script compiles' ); The "script_compiles" test calls the script with "perl -c script.pl", and checks that it returns without error. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. Note also that the test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. script_runs script_runs( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script runs' ); The "script_runs" test executes the script with "perl script.pl" and checks that it returns success. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. The test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. SUPPORT
All bugs should be filed via the bug tracker at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script> For other issues, or commercial enhancement and support, contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
prove, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2009-11-24 Test::Script(3)