Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Linux machine performance issue. Post 302445856 by thegeek on Tuesday 17th of August 2010 04:25:32 AM
Old 08-17-2010
How many CPUs you have ?

If it is only 1, then you have to do something for process performance, like increasing the processor, or restricting unwanted process in that machine and make it exclusive for your purposes.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

the performance impaction of TCP communication in same machine?

Two processes at the same machine communicaton with each other use TCP. The communicaton flow between them is very heavy. My question is How the impaction of "processes at the same machine communicaton " .If I mv one process to another machine and send the same data, the impact is less than... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
1 Replies

2. AIX

performance issue

We have a AIX v5.3 on a p5 system with a poor performing Ingres database. We added one CPU to the system to see if this would help. Now there are two CPU's. with sar and topas -P I see good results: CPU usage around 30% with topas I only see good results in the process output screen, the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rein
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

performance issue

Hi, on a linux server I have the following : vmstat 2 10 procs memory swap io system cpu r b w swpd free buff cache si so bi bo in cs us sy id 0 4 0 675236 39836 206060 1617660 3 3 3 6 8 7 1 1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies

4. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Announcing collectl - new performance linux performance monitor

About 4 years ago I wrote this tool inspired by Rob Urban's collect tool for DEC's Tru64 Unix. What makes this tool as different as collect was in its day is its ability to run at a low overhead and collect tons of stuff. I've expanded the general concept and even include data not available in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarkSeger
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH into a linux machine from a windows machine

I basically want to login into different linux machines( on the same network) from a windows machine. I know i can use ssh <machine name>. But i want to automate this process. I dont want to enter the username and password. Is there any way to do it. Can i make some sort of a batch script for it. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

run win app on Linux -performance issue

We develop software for diagnostic tools for cars. we a use a portable PC(x86) runs Win98 to run our applications. Hence the working environment in the company is Windows, specifically we use BASIC to develop the GUI, communication functions, DLL, etc. and run them on the Win98 PC. We suggested... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raedbenz
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Performance issue

hi I am having a performance issue with the following requirement i have to create a permutation and combination on a set of three files such that each record in each file is picked and the output is redirected in a specific format but it is taking around 70 odd hours to prepare a combination... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP

I need a shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP. The files keeps changing day-to-day. I have to copy the latest file to the windows machine frm the linux machine. for example :In Linux, On July 20, the file name will be 20.txt and it should be copied to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithin6034
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Performance issue in Linux

IN solaris, for network high-availability we are using IPMP concept, can u tell me in REDHAT LINUX what we are using... also pls share good step to read & understand the that concept... Also performance issue in linux what are step & cmd can u tell me??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiger09
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux shell programming performance issue

Hi All, can any one help me on this please. Replace sting in FILE1.txt with FILE2.txt. FILE1.txt record must have at least one state is repeated once.But need to replace only from second occurrence in record in FILE1.txt Condition: order of searching the records in FILE2.txt is impartent.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ureddy
8 Replies
TALLY.UNWANTED(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 TALLY.UNWANTED(8)

NAME
tally.unwanted - keep track of unwanted newsgroups. SYNOPSIS
tally.unwanted DECSRIPTION
tally.unwanted is normally invoked by scanlogs(8). It parses the article log file to update the cumulative list of articles posted to unwanted newsgroups, unwanted.log. HISTORY
Written by Landon Curt Noll <chongo@toad.com> and Rich $alz <rsalz@uunet.uu.net> for InterNetNews. This is revision 1.1, dated 1996/10/29. SEE ALSO
innd(8) innlog.pl(8), news.daily(8), newslog(5), nnrpd(8), scanlogs(8), tally.control(8), tally.unwanted(8), writelog(8). TALLY.UNWANTED(8)