Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: noninteractive SFTP
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting noninteractive SFTP Post 302445845 by rajamadhavan on Tuesday 17th of August 2010 03:59:22 AM
Old 08-17-2010
Yes. Please create a file authorized_keys and copy the public key.

On the safer side, make a copy of this file as authorized_keys2 on the same directory.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Sftp

Hi All, Greetings! when a script file is passed to the SFTP command at the unix prompt, Is it possible to supress the keyboard input for user authentication. If yes, please let me know the way to do it. Thanks for any/all help at the earliest. Regards, Dheeraj. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dheeruchakri
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sftp

Hi, I am trying to setup a sftp connection to the local host for testing purposes. The machine is on a extranet behind a firewall which makes it difficult to test to other machines on the network as I do not manage to Firewall. I am just testing the concept for now to determine what needs to be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hugow
2 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

sftp

can anyone suggest somewhere i might learn how to set up sftp and ssh on os x tiger? I dont find any literature on it other then suggestions of thirdparty programs to do this for you.:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahJiggah
3 Replies

4. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

5. Ubuntu

I want to upload file on remote machine in noninteractive mode through SFTP

Hi All, I want to upload file through SFTP in non interactive mode on remote server. please tell me what will have to do in oreder to do SFTP . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kulbhushan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp

Hi, Can you please tell me what the below command does cat <<EOF1 > $tmp1 binary lcd $targetDir cd ${remoteDir} ls quit EOF1 cat $tmp1 set -x sftp6 -P 2246 -B $tmp1 --password=file://<ctl>/.gspass | tee outputfile Actually my requirement is if the sftp succeed, then only it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: help_scr_seeker
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Chroot sftp users, remote sftp login shows wrong timestamp on files

Hello, I have a weird issue, I have RHEL 5.7 running with openssh5.2 where sftpgroup OS group is chroot. I see the difference difference in timestamp on files, when I login via ssh and SFTP, I see four hour difference, is something missing in my configuration. #pwd... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp : not able to print the echo statements after the sftp transfer

I had the below sftp script working perfectly but the problem is I am not able to send the echo statements . #!/bin/sh echo "Starting to sftp..." sftp admin@myip << END_SCRIPT cd /remotepath/ lcd /localpath/ mget myfiles*.csv bye END_SCRIPT echo "Sftp successfully." echo echo... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed SFTP script from windows to UNIX server and from UNIX to windows server(reverse SFTP)

hi guys, i need a script to sftp the file from windows to unix server ....(before that i have to check whether the file exists in the windows server or not and again i have to reverse sftp the files from unix to windows server..... regards, Vasa Saikumar. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
13 Replies
gesftpserver(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   gesftpserver(8)

NAME
gesftpserver - Green End SFTP Server SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/gesftpserver [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
gesftpserver implements the SFTP protocol. It is normally run as an SSH subsystem but can be run in other contexts if necessary. CONFIGURING OPENSSH
By default, OpenSSH will use its native SFTP server in response to requests for the SFTP subsystem. To use gesftpserver instead, add a suitable Subsystem command to sshd_config (and remove the existing one if present). For example: Subsystem sftp /usr/lib/gesftpserver IMPLEMENTATION DETAILS
gesftpserver supports up to version 6 of the SFTP protocol and the following extensions: newline Reports the server's newline convention to the client. space-available Equivalent to df(1). supported v5 capability details supported2 v6 capability details text-seek Used for resuming text file downloads. vendor-id Reports server name and version to client. gesftpserver reports a vendor of "Green End" and a server name of "Green End SFTP Server". versions Lists available versions. version-select Select version. posix-rename@openssh.org Provides POSIX rename semantics even in pre-v5 SFTP. SEE ALSO
sshd_config(5) gesftpserver(8)