Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to pass a field from awk in a pipe? Post 302445822 by Kingsley on Tuesday 17th of August 2010 02:46:48 AM
Old 08-17-2010
I am new to this forum. Thanks Kumaran. I am not sure how to do that, i.e. testing the change of $1. Also the source data is not sorted by $1 so it's hard to tell tell if I get more of the same over the entire bigfile.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing a field in pipe delimited TEXT File

Hi, I want to replace a field in a text delimited file with the actual number of records in the same file. HDR|ABCD|10-13-2008 to 10-19-2008.txt|10-19-2008|XYZ DTL|0|5464-1|0|02-02-2008|02-03-2008||||F||||||||| DTL|1|5464-1|1|02-02-2008|02-03-2008|1||JJJ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi0435
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: Pattern match between 2 files, then compare a field in file1 as > or < field in file2

First, thanks for the help in previous posts... couldn't have gotten where I am now without it! So here is what I have, I use AWK to match $1 and $2 as 1 string in file1 to $1 and $2 as 1 string in file2. Now I'm wondering if I can extend this AWK command to incorporate the following: If $1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

add new 'date field' in a pipe delimited file

i need to add a new field in a pipe delimited line. the field will be the current date today. aa|a|s|w|1 as|oiy|oiy|oiy|2 given that all lines are uniformed in the number of fields i want it to look like this:\ aa|a|s|w|1|20120126 as|oiy|oiy|oiy|2|20120126 please help :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kokoro
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass awk field to a command line executed within awk

Hi, I am trying to pass awk field to a command line executed within awk (need to convert a timestamp into formatted date). All my attempts failed this far. Here's an example. It works fine with timestamp hard-codded into the command echo "1381653229 something" |awk 'BEGIN{cmd="date -d... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuxer
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass parameter to pipe command row-wise?

Hi, I have a list of parameter in a file. I want to pass them one by one to piped command and syntax is like <command> <parameter> <command continues> How to achieve that ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ezee
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pivoting csv field from pipe delimited file

Hello All, Thanks for taking time to read through the thread and for providing any possible solution. I am trying to pivot a comma separated field in a pipe delimited file. Data looks something like this: Field1|Field2 123|345,567,789 234|563,560 345|975,098,985,397,984 456|736 Desired... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: svks1985
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass the value from pipe

am trying to pass the date calculated to variable so that i can use the same for my further reporting and tracking of the changes as per the variable value. System = SunOS Release = 5.9 KernelID = Generic_122300-61 date '+%m %d %Y' | { read MONTH DAY YEAR DAY=`expr "$DAY" - 1` case... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeep84in
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse field and include the text of 1 pipe in field 4

I am trying to parse the input in awk to include the |gc= in $4 but am not able to. The below is close: awk so far: awk '{sub(/\|]+]++/, ""); print }' input.txt Input chr1 955543 955763 AGRN-6|pr=2|gc=75 0 + chr1 957571 957852 AGRN-7|pr=3|gc=61.2 0 + chr1 970621 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function in one-linef and pass arguments in a pipe

I need to declare a function, this function will contain a script, this script cannot be in a file but must be piped. and then, for the script to run, i need to pass arguments to it. everything has to be on one line. so i'm basically looking for a one-liner here's what i'm doing: myfunc ()... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat a script, pipe it, then pass arguments to it?

suppose i have a perl script that is normally run this way: ./checkdisk.pl -H hostname -w 40 -c 80 but, for whatever reason, i cannot run the script directly as it should. But i can cat it through pipe. How can i pass the arguments "-H hostname -w 40 -c 80"? so this is what i'm doing,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies
ALCC(1) 							  aMule utilities							   ALCC(1)

NAME
alcc - text based eD2k links calculator for aMule SYNOPSIS
alcc [-p] [-v] <inputfiles_list> alcc [-h] DESCRIPTION
Compute the eD2k links of all the input files given in the <inputfiles_list> (There can be one or more files). [ -p, --parthashes ] Compute and add part hashes to the computed eD2k links. [ -h, --help ] Prints a short usage description. [ -v, --verbose ] Be verbose - show also calculation steps. REPORTING BUGS
Please report bugs either on our forum (http://forum.amule.org/), or in our bugtracker (http://bugs.amule.org/). Please do not report bugs in e-mail, neither to our mailing list nor directly to any team member. COPYRIGHT
aMule and all of its related utilities are distributed under the GNU General Public License. SEE ALSO
alc(1), amuled(1), amulecmd(1), amuleweb(1), cas(1), ed2k(1), wxcas(1), xas(1) AUTHOR
This manpage was written by Vollstrecker <amule@vollstreckernet.de> aMule eD2k links calculator November 2011 ALCC(1)