Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Setting up bootblock on RAID 0 SVM Post 302445673 by hergp on Monday 16th of August 2010 02:30:16 PM
Old 08-16-2010
You cannot boot from a software implemented Raid 0, because the bootblock has to be read before the operating system and all md-drivers are loaded. metaroot's error message says it all:

Code:
Stripe d10 has more than 1 slice

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How do you remove a RAID 5 under SVM?

I have this setup, i can only find docs to unmirror a raid 1 set, how do you get rid of a raid 5 set? the same way? metadetach and metaclear? d8: RAID State: Okay Interlace: 32 blocks Size: 142245693 blocks (67 GB) Original device: Size: 142247872 blocks (67 GB) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

2. Solaris

RAID controller needed for SVM?

hi this may be a very stupid question, but im quite new to Solaris (gonna buid my first system, Solaris 10 on x86 system, connected to other windows systems in a home network) i wanna put a RAID 5 system in there to back up my other systems at home; iv read that its really so easy with SVM to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Landser
4 Replies

3. Solaris

How can i grow Raid 5 volume in SVM..?

Hello experts.. How can i grow Raid 5 volume in SVM? Thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
2 Replies

4. Solaris

What is mirror and sub mirror in RAID -1 SVM

Hi , I am new to SVM .when i try to learn RAID 1 , first they are creating two RAID 0 strips through metainit d51 1 1 c0t0d0s2 metainit d52 1 1 c1t0d0s2 In the next step metainit d50 -m d51 d50: Mirror is setup next step is metaattach d50 d52 d50 : submirror d52 is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr_mari
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Installing Solaris 8 bootblock without Solaris Install CD

Hello everyone, Background: I'm having an issue with booting a clone of hard drive with Solaris 8 installation. For cloning process I have used g4l, running under click'n'clone option. As far as I know the actual operation ran behind g4l's interface was dd, though I do not have any information... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnny994
12 Replies

6. Linux

Help Setting up Linux Raid Server

I just built a home computer with 3TB hard drives I wanted to set up in a RAID 5 and load Ubuntu server onto it. The first thing I did was set up the drives in a RAID 5 using just the motherboard chipset software to do it, so a 'hardware' RAID basically. I installed Windows first to see if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lorewap3
2 Replies

7. AIX

SCSI PCI - X RAID Controller card RAID 5 AIX Disks disappeared

Hello, I have a scsi pci x raid controller card on which I had created a disk array of 3 disks when I type lspv ; I used to see 3 physical disks ( two local disks and one raid 5 disk ) suddenly the raid 5 disk array disappeared ; so the hardware engineer thought the problem was with SCSI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Software RAID on top of Hardware RAID

Server Model: T5120 with 146G x4 disks. OS: Solaris 10 - installed on c1t0d0. Plan to use software raid (veritas volume mgr) on c1t2d0 disk. After format and label the disk, still not able to detect using vxdiskadm. Question: Should I remove the hardware raid on c1t2d0 first? My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

RAID Configuration for IBM Serveraid-7k SCSI RAID Controller

Hello, I want to delete a RAID configuration an old server has. Since i haven't the chance to work with the specific raid controller in the past can you please help me how to perform the configuraiton? I downloaded IBM ServeRAID Support CD but i wasn't able to configure the video card so i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
0 Replies
vxr5check(1M)															     vxr5check(1M)

NAME
vxr5check - verify RAID-5 volume parity SYNOPSIS
/etc/vx/bin/vxr5check [-i | -v] [-g diskgroup] volume DESCRIPTION
The vxr5check utility compares the parity of each stripe of a RAID-5 volume specified by volume. vxr5check reads the data for each stripe, generates the parity for this stripe, and compares this parity with the existing parity. vxr5check can be run against the entire RAID-5 volume, or incrementally on RAID-5 stripe boundaries, by specifying the -i option. OPTIONS
-g diskgroup Specifies the Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) disk group name for the RAID-5 volume name for verification. If this option is not specified, the default disk group is determined using the rules given in the vxdg(1M) manual page. -i Verifies the RAID-5 volume incrementally per stripes. If a parity mismatch is found, that stripe location is displayed. -v Verbose output for the incremental vxr5check verification. The verbose option outputs each stripe number that is being verified. OUTPUT FORMAT
In verbose mode and incremental mode, summary reports for each stripe of the RAID-5 volume are printed in output records. If an error is returned for a stripe, then an error message and stripe number are displayed. In non-verbose mode, if an error is returned, an error mes- sage is displayed. If a parity mismatch error is determined on a stripe, vxr5check exits on that stripe and does not continue for the remaining stripes in the RAID-5 volume. FILES
/usr/lib/vxvm/bin/vxr5vrfy The utility that vxr5check calls to perform RAID-5 parity verification operations for the specified RAID-5 volume. EXIT CODES
The vxr5check utility exits with a non-zero status if the attempted operation fails. A non-zero exit code is not a complete indicator of the problems encountered, but rather denotes the first condition that prevented further execution of the utility. See vxintro(1M) for a list of standard exit codes. NOTES
Do not run vxr5check on a volume that is in degraded mode. SEE ALSO
vxevac(1M), vxintro(1M), vxmend(1M), vxvol(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxr5check(1M)