Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX DR Recovery
Operating Systems AIX AIX DR Recovery Post 302445646 by mk8570 on Monday 16th of August 2010 01:13:21 PM
Old 08-16-2010
At this site we have bootable mksysb tapes for the servers. This would be a small DR test with only 3 servers.

My assumption is that the Storage and LPAR are already created at the DR iste. Looking at the DR documents it says the hardware is 570 with 6 lpars.

I will get these questions clarified thiis week during our meeting with the DR vendor.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Please Tell Me About Disaster Recovery

please tell me if this thinkin is correct, if not, please corret me: disaster recovery means when something bad happens and you need to retrieved a backed up file, all you have to do is cd into the tape drive and then look for the file you want and extract it from the drive. is this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disaster Recovery

Can anyone tell me of what to expect? I've been nominated to join a team of unix admins to do a DR testing. we already have the guys who are gono be doing the restores. besides the restore, anybody know what else to look forward to?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

3. Programming

C Code recovery

Hai, Is there any tool available to get back the C code from an executable file in solaris. Accidentally the program was deleted by somebody. We need to recover the code since it has to be implemented on another system. I copied that executable and tried to execute it on another solaris machine.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smvel
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Disaster Recovery

Recovering Solaris to an alternate server I was just wondering if anyone could give me some points on restoring a Solaris 9 backup to an alternate server. Basically, we use netbackup 6 and I was wondering what the best procedures are for doing this? What things do we need to take into... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaron2k
3 Replies

5. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

password recovery

hello, my password got lost - and your service to generate new passwords does not work -ive tried it out 50 times the last week or so, never got a single mail from it... please generate a new password for my account "congo" with mailadress. thanks. Thomas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: congo00000001
3 Replies

6. AIX

AIX disaster recovery

Are there any products out there that provide a disk imaging solution for AIX (and HPUX and Solaris for that matter)? In a development environment where users are looking to restore an OS quickly back to a certain point in time, what is there available for this besides opening up the system,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tb0ne
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris recovery

Some thing happened to our solaris 10 ( sparc ) box and it is not coming up now. These are some of the console messages : I assume it is not able to find very basic system libraries so i need to tell it some how to find it under /lib:/usr/lib. I booted it from the CD but now i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajwinder
4 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

Password Recovery

Perderabo has made posted a good thread in the FAQ section here: Lost root password / Can't login as root | Unix Linux Forums | Answers to Frequently Asked Questions (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

ldap recovery

Is there a way to recover the ldap server if it crashes (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nalcomis
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Is possible to recovery a deleted file in AIX?

is it possible to recovery a deleted file in AIX? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fiyas
2 Replies
dhcpv6clientd(1M)														 dhcpv6clientd(1M)

NAME
dhcpv6clientd - DHCPv6 client daemon SYNOPSIS
config_options] number] list_of_user_classes] list_of_vendor_classes] DESCRIPTION
obtains the configuration parameters from the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCPv6) server to configure the host. See dhcpv6d(1M). Options supports the following options: Specify the default list of parameters that the client daemon must request from the server daemon. If this option is not specified, the client daemon will request all the configuration parameters mentioned below. The list of configuration parameters that the client can request are listed below: Obtain a list of one or more IPv6 addresses of DNS recursive name servers to which a client's DNS resolver may send DNS queries. Obtain the domain search list that the client must use while resolving hostnames using DNS. Obtain the list of IPv6 addresses that indicate SIP outbound proxy servers available to the client. Obtain the domain names of the SIP outbound proxy servers that the client can use. Obtain the list of IPv6 addresses of one or more NIS servers available to the client. Obtain the NIS domain name of the client. Obtain the list of IPv6 addresses of one or more NIS+ servers available to the client. Obtain the NIS+ domain name of the client. Specifies the vendor's registered enterprise number as registered with IANA. This number can be used in the vendor-class and vendor-specific options while communicating with the server. Enables to log all messages to the file, including information and warning messages. Specify the User-Class data used to represent the client in its communication with the server. This option can have a maximum length of 16 characters. Multiple options can be used to specify mul- tiple values for the User-Class data. Depending on the classes identified by this option, the server selects configuration informa- tion for the client. The User-Class option is used to identify the type or category of the client. Specify the vendor-class data to be used in the client's communication with a server. The vendor-class data contains a series of distinct items, each of which describes the characteristics of the client's hardware configuration. Configuration The file is used for the configuration of the interfaces. To invoke using the script, set the variable to a non-zero value in the file. The script invokes and during bootup to obtain IP addresses. can also be invoked at the command prompt. Once has obtained the configuration parameters from the server, it stores them in a configuration file named The configuration parameters are valid for a fixed time, the lease time. The automatically tries to renew the configuration parameters before the expiration of the lease time. If the server responds, the lease times of the configuration parameters are automatically extended. AUTHOR
was developed by Hewlett-Packard. FILES
Interface configuration file. Client configuration database file. SEE ALSO
dhcpv6d(1M), syslog(3C). dhcpv6clientd(1M)