Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Network security course
Special Forums Cybersecurity Network security course Post 302445633 by Dedalus on Monday 16th of August 2010 11:47:50 AM
Old 08-16-2010
Network security course

Hi

I was wondering if someone could give some tips about network security postgraduate courses and/or certifications .

I know that is a generic question and a wide area, but that's the problem, the net is full of books, courses, or whatever.
My goal is to find a good course (or book) that face the network security issue, I'd like just get a feedback from someone. Smilie

Thanks a lot

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Security for network

hi there, i'm wondering what are the good books out there on internet security, PREFERABELY all topics roll into 1 book topics like firewall DES,3DES,SHA,SSL,CHAP,EAP SPAP,PAP,VPN,L2TP,PPTP,IAS,Kerboros,IPsec,PKI,digital signatures/certifcates,Denial of service,RADIUS,RAS,viruses,trojan... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyfish
2 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Unix Network Security Admin

Hello peoples, I could really use some expert advice. Currently I am starting my curriculumn in CompSci. I am very interested in Unix, Shell Programming and Network Security. I would Like to work in Compusec/Infosec........fight system vulnerability for my future employer. What Cert would you... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacman-iac
3 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Network Security

Hi, I'm currently in a Technical Writing class and I decided to do a report on network security. I need a primary source for this and decided that I would poll you fine people on your prefrences in security related software to get said primary source. 1. What webserver would you consider to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TYLERofDOOM
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

NIS, Network security

Hi, I am about to take up task of shell scripting in Network Security. Just started on job. But everything looks new NIS etc.. I tried googling to find systematic explanation of network security terms and how to script for that. But was unable to find. Could anyone of you please direct me to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Network Shell Script & Blade Logic & Network Security

I am going to take up a position in Data & Network Security. I would need to write network shell scripts doing the following task: Going to around 2000 servers and findout which groups has access to each servers and which ids are there in each group that has access. I need to implement... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
1 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Career in Networking & Network Security

Hii i want to make career in networking and i m new in this field could u plz help me what should i do (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawan_kumar
2 Replies
TURNINCFG(1)						      General Commands Manual						      TURNINCFG(1)

NAME
turnincfg - manage assignments submitted with turnin SYNOPSYS
turnincfg [ OPTIONS ] [ project-name ] DESCRIPTION
Manages assignments submitted with the turnin(1) program. Allows the creation of courses and projects and the management of said courses and projects. This command used to be known as project in the early days of Turnin-NG and in the original turnin/project suite. Omitting [ project-name ] will cause turnincfg to use the default project. OPTIONS
--version Print project's version. -h, --help Print these options. -d, --disable Disable the current project. -D, --perm-disable Permanently disable submissions for the current project. -e, --enable Enable submissions for the current project and make it the default project. -l Enable submissions for the current project but does not make it the default project. -r, --remove Remove the current project and all associated files. -i, --init Initialize a project. Requires you to pass project-name -p, --compress Compress this project using the tar(1) and gzip(1) formats. -x, --extract Extract this project. This option will be called automatically if you enable a compressed project. -v, --verify Verify the cryptographic signatures on submitted assignments using gpg(1) May require you to fetch the student's public key. --list Print a list of projects, along with whether or not they are enabled and shows which project is the default project. --config=CONFIG Path to an alternate configuration file. -c COURSE, --course=COURSE Switch between the courses you are currently administering. -w, --legal Print warranty and license information. ADMINISTRATIVE OPTIONS --create-course=COURSE Creates the course COURSE. --delete-course=COURSE Deletes the course COURSE. --archive-course=COURSE Archives the course using the tar(1) and gzip(1) formats. EXAMPLES
turnincfg --create-course world-cheeses Create the course world-cheeses. turnincfg -c world-cheeses -i stilton Create the project stilton in the course world-cheeses. turnincfg -c world-cheeses -e stilton Enable and make default the project stilton turnincfg -c world-cheeses -D stilton Permanently disable submissions for the project stilton. turnincfg -c world-cheeses -p stilton Compress the project stilton. turnincfg --archive-course world-cheeses Compress the course world-cheeses and remove it from the global configuration file. FILES
/etc/turnin-ng.cf SEE ALSO
turnin(1) The full documentation for turnincfg is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and turnincfg programs are properly installed at your site, the command info turnin-ng should give you access to the complete manual. AUTHOR
Turnin-NG and this manpage were written by Ryan Kavanagh <ryanakca@kubuntu.org> in the summer of 2009 and are still actively maintained. Turnin-NG is a replacement for the 'project' and 'turnin' commands written in 1990 for the SPARC architecture by an unknown author. Both Turnin-NG and this manpage are distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2, or (at your option) any later version. Turnin-NG SEPTEMBER 2010 TURNINCFG(1)