Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Tracing a MAC address to IP address: Solaris Post 302445562 by zaxxon on Monday 16th of August 2010 08:55:27 AM
Old 08-16-2010
Type in
Code:
arp -a

for example to list all entries in the arp cache of your host (name, ip-address, mac-address).
You can also check the man page of arp to see what other switch might suit your needs best.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Get Mac Address

:( Hi I am trying to get Mac address of of my Sun server from my C program running on the host machine. Any suggestions . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ss_hpov
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mac address

Hi Can some one help me How do find out Mac address in Tru64 Unix Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Syed_45
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

How do I mask my MAC address

I posted this thread under BSD but realized that it actually belongs here instead.... makes more sense to put it under IP. So without further delay on to my problem ... I havent been using UNIX for that long, so this question might sound quite stupid to most of you. I want to know how to mask my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PenguinDevil
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

How to Achive IP address through MAC(Ethernet) address

Hi sir, i want to make such programe which takes MAC(Ethernet) address of any host & give me its IP address....... but i'm nt getting that how i can pass the MAC address to Frame........ Please give me an idea for making such program... Thanks & regards Krishna (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnacins
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Tracing an e-mail address

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I thought I'd start here. Not really a Unix question, but I'm hoping the gurus here can help me in an area I know little about. Someone got one of my credit card numbers. Tried to use it to charge a bunch of stuff over the internet. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: denverd0n
4 Replies

6. Solaris

How to assign MAC address to N/W interface in solaris

I m having interface ce0 ce1 and its sub interfaces for that. I want to give MAC addresses for the same. How will I assign it. Please give solution for the same (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunray
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Get ip address from mac address

I have following message in my messages file on solaris 10 WARNING: e1000g3712000:3 has duplicate address 010.022.196.011 (in use by 00:50:56:85:25:ef); disabled Now is there any way i can find which server has 00:50:56:85:25:ef mac address either IP or Hostname ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
6 Replies

8. SCO

MAC address

hi every one please help i want to change mac address in sco unix 5.0.6 how can i do this (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaydream
3 Replies

9. Solaris

How to resolve duplicated MAC address on Solaris server?

Hi folks, I found out the following: provadm@BKP_LIV_NPPGW_02:home/provadm%/usr/sbin/arp -a Net to Media Table: IPv4 Device IP Address Mask Flags Phys Addr ------ -------------------- --------------- -------- -------------------- ce5 BKP_OnM_NPPGW_02 255.255.255.255 SPLA 00:14:4f:44:e0:86... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kimurayuki
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

MAC Address - Four Interfaces with the same MAC Address

four interfaces with ifconfig all interfaces have the same mac. If is not set for unique. but it still works. what difference does it make to have all macs the same or different? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrodgers
4 Replies
END(3)							     Linux Programmer's Manual							    END(3)

NAME
etext, edata, end - end of program segments SYNOPSIS
extern etext; extern edata; extern end; DESCRIPTION
The addresses of these symbols indicate the end of various program segments: etext This is the first address past the end of the text segment (the program code). edata This is the first address past the end of the initialized data segment. end This is the first address past the end of the uninitialized data segment (also known as the BSS segment). CONFORMING TO
Although these symbols have long been provided on most Unix systems, they are not standardized; use with caution. NOTES
The program must explicitly declare these symbols; they are not defined in any header file. On some systems the names of these symbols are preceded by underscores, thus: _etext, _edata, and _end. These symbols are also defined for programs compiled on Linux. At the start of program execution, the program break will be somewhere near &end (perhaps at the start of the following page). However, the break will change as memory is allocated via brk(2) or malloc(3). Use sbrk(2) with an argument of zero to find the current value of the program break. EXAMPLE
When run, the program below produces output such as the following: $ ./a.out First address past: program text (etext) 0x8048568 initialized data (edata) 0x804a01c uninitialized data (end) 0x804a024 Program source #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> extern char etext, edata, end; /* The symbols must have some type, or "gcc -Wall" complains */ int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { printf("First address past: "); printf(" program text (etext) %10p ", &etext); printf(" initialized data (edata) %10p ", &edata); printf(" uninitialized data (end) %10p ", &end); exit(EXIT_SUCCESS); } SEE ALSO
objdump(1), readelf(1), sbrk(2), elf(5) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.27 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2008-07-17 END(3)