Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX DR Recovery
Operating Systems AIX AIX DR Recovery Post 302445525 by ross.mather on Monday 16th of August 2010 06:59:33 AM
Old 08-16-2010
If you are recovering everything from tape then it does make sense to restore everything to identically sized disks - but its not compulsory - you could just have one super goiant disk and restore everything to that. It would work - but there would possibly be a performance drop off.

What you didn;t mention in your description is how you restore the operating system mksysb? I'm assuming that you have a NIM server in your DR site for this purpose?

In which case the order would be:
Restore TSm Server
Restore mksysb to NIM server
Restore mksysb to LPAR
Recreate disk layout with savevg
Restore Data

It sounds like the crux of this will how and when will the storage be set up for the DR test? Do the Storage guys backup and restore the configuration you require or do they have to create it on the fly, or is it permanently allocated?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Please Tell Me About Disaster Recovery

please tell me if this thinkin is correct, if not, please corret me: disaster recovery means when something bad happens and you need to retrieved a backed up file, all you have to do is cd into the tape drive and then look for the file you want and extract it from the drive. is this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disaster Recovery

Can anyone tell me of what to expect? I've been nominated to join a team of unix admins to do a DR testing. we already have the guys who are gono be doing the restores. besides the restore, anybody know what else to look forward to?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

3. Programming

C Code recovery

Hai, Is there any tool available to get back the C code from an executable file in solaris. Accidentally the program was deleted by somebody. We need to recover the code since it has to be implemented on another system. I copied that executable and tried to execute it on another solaris machine.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smvel
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Disaster Recovery

Recovering Solaris to an alternate server I was just wondering if anyone could give me some points on restoring a Solaris 9 backup to an alternate server. Basically, we use netbackup 6 and I was wondering what the best procedures are for doing this? What things do we need to take into... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaron2k
3 Replies

5. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

password recovery

hello, my password got lost - and your service to generate new passwords does not work -ive tried it out 50 times the last week or so, never got a single mail from it... please generate a new password for my account "congo" with mailadress. thanks. Thomas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: congo00000001
3 Replies

6. AIX

AIX disaster recovery

Are there any products out there that provide a disk imaging solution for AIX (and HPUX and Solaris for that matter)? In a development environment where users are looking to restore an OS quickly back to a certain point in time, what is there available for this besides opening up the system,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tb0ne
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris recovery

Some thing happened to our solaris 10 ( sparc ) box and it is not coming up now. These are some of the console messages : I assume it is not able to find very basic system libraries so i need to tell it some how to find it under /lib:/usr/lib. I booted it from the CD but now i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajwinder
4 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

Password Recovery

Perderabo has made posted a good thread in the FAQ section here: Lost root password / Can't login as root | Unix Linux Forums | Answers to Frequently Asked Questions (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

ldap recovery

Is there a way to recover the ldap server if it crashes (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nalcomis
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Is possible to recovery a deleted file in AIX?

is it possible to recovery a deleted file in AIX? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fiyas
2 Replies
IPTABLES-RESTORE(8)						  iptables 1.6.1					       IPTABLES-RESTORE(8)

NAME
iptables-restore -- Restore IP Tables ip6tables-restore -- Restore IPv6 Tables SYNOPSIS
iptables-restore [-chntv] [-M modprobe] [-T name] [file] ip6tables-restore [-chntv] [-M modprobe] [-T name] [file] DESCRIPTION
iptables-restore and ip6tables-restore are used to restore IP and IPv6 Tables from data specified on STDIN or in file. Use I/O redirection provided by your shell to read from a file or specify file as an argument. -c, --counters restore the values of all packet and byte counters -h, --help Print a short option summary. -n, --noflush don't flush the previous contents of the table. If not specified, both commands flush (delete) all previous contents of the respec- tive table. -t, --test Only parse and construct the ruleset, but do not commit it. -v, --verbose Print additional debug info during ruleset processing. -M, --modprobe modprobe_program Specify the path to the modprobe program. By default, iptables-restore will inspect /proc/sys/kernel/modprobe to determine the exe- cutable's path. -T, --table name Restore only the named table even if the input stream contains other ones. BUGS
None known as of iptables-1.2.1 release AUTHORS
Harald Welte <laforge@gnumonks.org> wrote iptables-restore based on code from Rusty Russell. Andras Kis-Szabo <kisza@sch.bme.hu> contributed ip6tables-restore. SEE ALSO
iptables-apply(8),iptables-save(8), iptables(8) The iptables-HOWTO, which details more iptables usage, the NAT-HOWTO, which details NAT, and the netfilter-hacking-HOWTO which details the internals. iptables 1.6.1 IPTABLES-RESTORE(8)