Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Extract numbers from .txt file Post 302445365 by eggali on Sunday 15th of August 2010 06:01:19 PM
Old 08-15-2010
Alright, that's it! itkamaraj was right. Problem were the spaces before rho. A combination of both suggestions works perfect! Thanks!!!

Code:
Code:
awk -F= '/^      rho/{getline;printf "%f,", $1}END {printf "\n"}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract from txt file

I have data as follow in the txt file. I want to skip line starting with '#' sign. #command program abc defmt exp refmt ... ... I want to store abc exp .... in a array. I want to store defmt refmt in a array I need command to read each line in the file. I need... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ekb
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to delete numbers at beginning of txt file line

Hello. I have the following issue: my txt file has the following format: train/dr4/fklc0/sx175.txt 0 80282 Severe myopia contributed to Ron's inferiority complex. train/dr4/fklc0/sx355.txt 0 42906 Dolphins are intelligent marine mammals. train/dr4/fklc0/sa2.txt awk 'NR%2==0' test1.txt >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: li_bi
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to remove numbers from beginning of txt file

Hello. I have the following issue: my txt file has the following format: train/dr4/fklc0/sx175.txt 0 80282 Severe myopia contributed to Ron's inferiority complex. train/dr4/fklc0/sx355.txt 0 42906 Dolphins are intelligent marine mammals. train/dr4/fklc0/sa2.txt With the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: li_bi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding consecutive numbers in version names on a txt file

Hi all. I have a directory which contains files that can be versioned. All the files are named according to a pattern like this: TEXTSTRING1-001.EXTENSION TEXTSTRING2-001.EXTENSION TEXTSTRING3-001.EXTENSION ... TEXTSTRINGn-001.EXTENSION If a file is versioned, a file called ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fox1212
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to extract all columns except the last few from a txt file

hello, i have publicly available txt file with little less than 300000 rows. i want to extract from column 1 to column 218 and save it in another text file. i use the cut command but the file is saved with multiple rows from the source file onto a single row in the destination. basically it is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: madrazzii
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract Numbers from a log file

Hi, I am trying to grep/extract the number list from this log file, can I get some help on this. I can grep the word 'href' to see the numbers, but it is resulting with the complete line. Content of my file: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN"> <html> <head>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sajjadmehdi
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script extract text from txt file with grep

All, I require a script that grabs some text from the gitHub API and will grep (or other function) for a string a characters that starts with (") quotes followed by two letters, may contain a pipe |, and ending with ) . What i have so far is below but it's not returning anything. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChocoTaco
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract numbers from file name-how to ?

Hello friends,I am new to Unix programming. how do I achieve the following in Unix shell script (I am running ksh on AIX) extract the number from name of file? My file format is like "LongFileName-1234.020614-221030.txt" now I want to extract value which is between (-) hyphen and (.) dot... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: f150
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract information from txt file

Hello! I need help :) I have a file like this: AA BC FG RF TT GH DD FF HH (a few number of rows and three columns) and I want to put the letters of each column in a variable step by step in order to give them as input in another script. So I would like to obtain: for the 1° loop:... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: edekP
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

To extract values after the maximum value in a txt file

Hello, I'm new to scripting and I need to write a bash script. Here is example of file on which I'm working: 0.3092381 0.3262799 0.3425480 0.3578379 0.3719490 0.3846908 0.3958855 0.4053738 0.4130160 0.4186991 0.4223357 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeo_fb
1 Replies
CW(7)							 Miscellaneous Information Manual						     CW(7)

NAME
CW - the international Morse code DESCRIPTION
CW is an abbreviation for "continuous wave", the commonly used technical term for Morse code communication. A basic knowledge or under- standing of Morse code is a requirement for Radio Amateurs and Marine Radio Operators in many parts of the world. MORSE CODE TIMINGS In Morse code, a dot or dash is referred to as an element. The basic timing unit is the dot period. This is the time taken to send a dot, not including any space before or after the dot. The lengths of all other elements are then derived from this basic unit, using the fol- lowing rules: The duration of a dash is three dots. The time between each element (dot or dash) is one dot length. The space between characters is three dot lengths. The space between words is seven dot lengths. The following formula calculates the dot period in microseconds from the Morse code speed in words per minute: dot period = ( 1200000 / speed ) This formula arises from the use of the word PARIS as a 'standard' word for calibrating Morse code speed. PARIS is 50 units long when sent in Morse code. Analysis of English plain-text indicates that the average word is 50 units, including spaces. MORSE CODE CHARACTERS The following list shows the IS0 8859-1 (Latin-1) characters that have commonly understood representations in Morse code: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789"$()+-./:;=?_@ and space In addition, following ISO 8859-1 and ISO 8859-2 accented characters are also part of the generally accepted international Morse code: UACOEEANS (S with cedilla), (Z with caron/hacek), Finally, libcw adds the following ASCII characters as extensions to single character procedural signals: <>!&^~ MORSE CODE CHARACTER TABLES The following table shows the Morse code equivalents for the ISO 8859-1, accented ISO 8859-1, and accented ISO 8859-2 characters above. The ASCII portion of this table is taken from the ARRL Handbook, and the accented extensions from various other sources: Ch Code Ch Code Ch Code Ch Code ------------------------------------------------------- A .- B -... C -.-. D -.. E . F ..-. G --. H .... I .. J .--- K -.- L .-.. M -- N -. O --- P .--. Q --.- R .-. S ... T - U ..- V ...- W .-- X -..- Y -.-- Z --.. 0 ----- 1 .---- 2 ..--- 3 ...-- 4 ....- 5 ..... 6 -.... 7 --... 8 ---.. 9 ----. " .-..-. ' .----. $ ...-..- ( -.--. ) -.--.- + .-.-. , --..-- - -....- . .-.-.- / -..-. : ---... ; -.-.-. = -...- ? ..--.. _ ..--.- Ch Code Ch Code ------------------------------------------------- U ..-- A .-.- C -.-.. O ---. E ..-.. A .-..- A .--.- N --.-- S (S+cedilla) ---- (Z+caron/hacek) --..- In addition to the above standard characters, the following characters are conventionally used for punctuation and procedural signals as follows: Ch Code Ch Code Ch Code Ch Code ------------------------------------------------------- " .-..-. ' .----. $ ...-..- ( -.--. ) -.--.- + .-.-. , --..-- - -....- . .-.-.- / -..-. : ---... ; -.-.-. = -...- ? ..--.. _ ..--.- @ .--.-. and the following are non-conventional extensions implemented by libcw: Ch Code Ch Code Ch Code Ch Code ----------------------------------------------------- < ...-.- > -...-.- ! ...-. & .-... ^ -.-.- ~ .-.-.. An alternative view of punctuation and procedural signals is as combination Morse characters: Ch Prosig Ch Prosig Ch Prosig Ch Prosig --------------------------------------------------------- " [AF] ' [WG] $ [SX] ( [KN] ) [KK] + [AR] , [MIM] - [DU] . [AAA] / [DN] : [OS] ; [KR] = [BT] ? [IMI] _ [IQ] @ [AC] < [VA],[SK] > [BK] ! [SN] & [AS] ^ [KA] ~ [AL] NOTES
Despite the fact that this manual page constantly and consistently refers to Morse code elements as dots and dashes, DO NOT think in these terms when trying to learn Morse code. Always think of them as 'dit's and 'dah's. SEE ALSO
Man pages for libcw(3,LOCAL), cw(1,LOCAL), cwgen(1,LOCAL), cwcp(1,LOCAL), and xcwcp(1,LOCAL). CW Tutor Package CW(7)